Brood mare updates!!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Remaani, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Arab Lover

Arab Lover Well-known Member

well this is cushla this morning and is due on the 30th or 31st oct 09 so 3 days to go

[​IMG]

2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Mouse foaled a gorgeous little chestnut colt with a blaze at 10.15am today!
    Can't get hold of his mummy Croft as she's holidaying overseas.... but his sire is Nemo (Woodridge Yothu Yindi) that i use to own.

Mare had not much of an udder, was very loose around the tailhead, no milk, no other signs to say she'd go there & then!
    Mouse was yarded alone since yesty (as was paddocked with 5 other mares & stallion) as she was acting a bit abnormal but this morn i walked out of the mini paddock & pushed the heavy gate closed but didn't chain it, within seconds Mouse had pushed thru the gate, walked up to her friend Foxy, dropped on the ground, waters broke & out popped bubs!!! :eek: Guess she felt comfortable near her friends!!! :confused:

Will add pics later. :)*

3. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

I still have a mare that was due Oct 10.....still waiting....!!!!!:mad:

4. nimetyau

nimetyau Well-known Member

I'm with you too KPF. I have one due 16th october and still waiting. Had one 3 days over, one 5 weeks over, one 2 weeks over and now this one. First 3 were all colts and big. And yes dates were correct. We also have heaps of feed so it worries me they get too big.

I went and checked on my trakhener mare who is in foal to Carbine and not due until 15th jan 2010 and she is huge already and looks ready to pop.

5. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Im really sad, I have a stunning mare but not going into foal this year, her cycles are all out of whack....and I do not want to pump her full of drugs (treated like that previoulsy)

So waiting waiting for next season now!

6. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

what exactly do you mean her cycles are all out of whack?

Most of the repro drugs used on horses are the same ones they use for IVF with humans.

7. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Drugs.....she was given far too many drugs last season and she needs to cycle correctly by herself before anything....

She has only been in season for one day over the past 45 days and then just again now for one day a week ago, so not ample for breeding just yet.

Plus very under weight and not feeling good when I got her! Weight has now all gained and we just have to be patient, im not in a hurry!:)*

8. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

She may need a little help for her start up again.....you could be waiting along old time for her to do it herself.......there could well be an underlying cause as to why she's not cycling properly and I doubt very much an over use of drugs previously could be the problem.

I have three PPT for 2010-

Wild Torque x Orotorio-TB

Grand Avoch x Grisham-WB

Deep Reach x Grisham-WB

With Digger now home we have just started covering his mares both my own and some of his visiting ones.

Will know in 14 days for my BBD mare Modesty....old Sissey is also not cycling properly and is on a short course so fingers crossed she'll come back in well and produce her 4th Digger foal.

9. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

Hi Jonty,

I used to have a mare that did not cycle properely either, however she had been given (I forget the name) a drug to stop her coming into season during her racing career, an this drug can have lasting effects on the horse, it took this mare 2 years to come good again.

But if she hasn't had this done to her, then sometimes they may need a helping hand, also when you say cycling for one day, did you get her scanned at all to find out if she is actually growing follicles, what size they're getting to and if she's ovulating on them? Mares can be silent showers and you may not even know.

10. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Thanks for your suggestions Primrose and KPF, I will look into that next season! Not in a hurry and on advise my my long time repo vet she needs time. I have done this before and feel that this mare does need time!

She has been a breeding machine for too many years and now she needs time for herself....thanks for your suggestions! :)*

11. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Took some pics of the girls still left to foal.

Mardi, 31" Mini Pony in foal to Black Silver stallion recently sold to SA & due January.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this pic - her dam Arwie is sniffing her lovely daughter!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/remaanilodge/Mardi/new_dscn5820.jpg

Foxy, 34" Mini in foal to same stallion as mare above & due January.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flirt, 11.2hh Aussie Pony/Pt Welsh/Arab Pony due late Febuary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
  12. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

Still overdue... rapidly approaching 8wks over :mad::mad::mad:.

Worst thing is is that she loooves laying flat our during the night and setting the foal alarm off all the time!

13. mysticmoondancer04

mysticmoondancer04 Well-known Member

Here are some pics of Crystal taken this morning.....
    Entered in her last date of service on the foaling calculator and if you go by the 330 days she was due on the 18th... if you go by 342 days she isnt due till the 30th Nov lol which looks like she is going to hold on till at least then ....Im going away this weekend .... She will prob do it then :rofl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Updated pics of Flirt, she's either due the 15th Dec or 25th Feb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. robbing'charisma

robbing'charisma Well-known Member

Flirt is looking great. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but can I ask what colour Flirt is? I thought she was a cremello / perlino...But I didn't think cemello / perlino's can have patchy black skin (only pink skin) and she has some patches on her belly. Sorry to ask, I just love equine colour types:D

Fingers crossed for a safe delivery :))

16. Tisharli

Tisharli Active Member

Only false alarms here:}

17. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Definitely not rude robbing'charisma, a great question but ATM i can't answer truthfully until i colour test, lol.
    She is a Max Sabino (some say Splash White?) & is also deaf.
    I don't know her Base Colour as i haven't gotten around to testing. But she looks like a Cremello due to the coat colour & blue eyes but she has patches of black skin here, there & everywhere.

Dad is below:

[​IMG]

Dam is Buckskin gone Grey.

And this is Flirt's other foal - to a Bay (not broken coloured) stallion.

[​IMG]

18. Siren

Siren Well-known Member

arent they all cute! :D little iddy biddy ponies, actually makes me clucky *#)

Well this thread is 85 odd posts from hitting the one thousand mark, can we do it!!!
    Im no help, all done for the year.

19. mistress72

mistress72 Active Member

hows dreams going with the heat? I keep going out and hoseing mistress, Maybe I will put her under a sprinkler.

20. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Remanni, it looks like Mouse could do with a little wagon under her belly.