breeding black....

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by celestialdancer, Jun 8, 2008.

1. nimetyau

nimetyau Well-known Member

Deschuur - Do you have any photos. I have a black fresian/Trakkhener colt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. deschuur

deschuur Gold Member

Oooh he is lovely nimetyau:) I have also thought of looking for a WB broodmare to put to Frits:)

Here is a pic of my foal Sam:) She is 4mths old in these pics, my camera has met with a fatal accident:( so unfortunately not any up to date pics! She is actually very black in person, not sure why she is brown in the pics, although she of course has the chestnut gene as her mum (in the background) is a chestnut.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. nimetyau

She very nice. I can't wait to see the foals with their first summer coat. Mine are just all hairy.

4. Mouse

Mouse Well-known Member

The sire of this guy is a black and white and dam was a bay but she carries the chestnut gene

[​IMG]

5. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

umm well preferabley big enough for me to ride. so 15.3 roundabouts.

:) they are lovely foals. desch, do you need permission to breed the fresian with any other breed? or just get the mare and find a fresian stally?

6. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

A fresian stally and a few dollars id think ;) But would be well worth it! And what gorgeous babies you all have!! Nimetyau you lil one melted my heart!!

7. deschuur

deschuur Gold Member

No I don't need permission to breed with my friesian stallion. Everyone does and it is a case of what the FPS can't see ...........*#)

The foal that I have pictured will grow to 16hh+ Her mum is a leggy TB and Frits stands (officially) 15.3hh.

PM me if you want stud details.

8. Eo

Eo Active Member

nimetyau whats the breeding of your little black boy with the socks and blaze. he looks lovely

9. celestialdancer

haha BEB. i am saving lotsss of money. i really want megg :)

lol

deschuur, i might just steal one of yours !

10. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

even if foal was similar colour/markings it still wouldnt be 'a meg' as you put it...?

11. celestialdancer

pepsea... haha i see your point. i mostly just want a black horse with her temperament.

but if 'it' turns out to be a mare with a blaze and socks as well. thats just a bonus :)

12. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

temperment if more important than colour. if you do breed chose temperment of parents over colour!

pluss it might be easier to find and by that special foal, because with breeding nothing is gaurenteed. at least with buying you can see colour, temp conformation etc

13. celestialdancer

true. i did think of the whole buying thing. but i dunno... it will feel more 'special' if i breed the horse. yeah. the stally and dams temperament will be THE most important thing, as well as comformation, ability coming second. and colour last. but if i get the opportunity to breed with those colours and the temp etc is what i am looking for... i will go for it :)

14. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

good luck =) i agree a foal you breed is special

15. nimetyau

EO - the colts dad is Globrook Pelaco Welsh B 12hh and his mum is a special merit stockhorse 15.1hh but has warmblood and andalusian in her. The sire is known to breed height in his foals so we are hoping the colt will grow at least 14hh. Both parents are exceptional in their temperments which is one of the first things I look for but then I also wanted to breed something black and flashy. The dad has four white socks and a blaze.

16. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

i love horses with 4 socks and a blaze!!! i always wanted one, im getting close, i got a broody with 3 socks and a stripe!!!;) maybe her foal will be "the one"':D

17. samm

samm Gold Member

Nimety,Pelaco is registered as a section A not B :)

18. nimetyau

Whoops........that's right. He's only about 12hh.Too much :)) or is it just old age