Breed shows leading up to the Royal

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Akubra, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Akubra

Akubra New Member

Are there any breed shows in the lead up to the royal?

Whats the difference between a normal breed show and an Ag show besides the environment?

Thanks

2. Skittled

Skittled Well-known Member

What breed are you competing in? Not all breed shows have all the breeds.

3. Abes Mum

Abes Mum New Member

WAPA Has their breed show on 14th September at serpentine pony club grounds

4. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

Coming up there's Gosnells Winter Breed Show (17th August), WAPA breed show, Baldivis Pre Royal, Beverly Breed Show, Northam Ag Show :)

I guess the main difference is the noise levels from the rides/crowds at the Ag Shows. The behind the scenes/stabling area at the royal is always very cramped and hectic. Actually, it's madness lol. It's pretty hard to replicate that before the show unfortunately.

5. stormyjo

stormyjo New Member

Hi were would I get more info on the wapa show in Serpentine please.Ive gone to other website where shows up there and I cant find it.

thanks

6. rachael_berry

rachael_berry New Member

When is the Baldivis breed show?

Thanks

7. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

I didn't find the Royal too stressful behind the scenes :) I got my pony ready, tied her in the stable with her hay net, then my partner helped me get ready. Then he put her bridle on, wiped her all over, and handed her to me in the Marshalling ring.

I like to take babies to a breed show first. There is usually more horses, but a quieter atmosphere. Then they get to go to an Ag show. Less horses, but there's usually side show, tractors, sheep, cattle, log chopping, Showjumping etc.