Breed classes @ Perth Royal Show

Discussion in 'News Items' started by The Old Grey Mare, May 20, 2003.

1. The Old Grey Mare

The Old Grey Mare Active Member

heard a whisper that the RAS may be looking at allowing horses to compete in eligible breed classes for the Royal.
    this means that if your horse/pony is double/triple registered, you would be able to show in registered breeds. eg my QH Palomino mare could compete/show & gains points in both Palomino & the QH sections. EXCELLENT.
    does this interest anyone else?

2. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

i was really hoping this would come in for this yeaar - hopeful i know, the ras doesn't do anything fast, but hey you can dream!

now i have to decide do i go on a seperate day for riding ponies, or risk clashing the part welsh with my galloway classes???

p.

3. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

does anyone have a full list of royal show classes, dates and fee's or anything like that? also how experienced and what type of registries do you need to enter the show? I am interested in coming along to watch if I can not enter for myself.

~To ride a horse is to borrow freedom...~

4. The Old Grey Mare

The Old Grey Mare Active Member

if you ring the RAS office, they will send you a programme for either breeds or Horses in action, most of the requirements are included, like registrations, costs, etc.

5. JessiTrist

Thank you OGM, I will have to get my horsey registered. Do they just have to be registered in the EFA or is breed registration needed aswell? cos tristan is a 3/4 thoroughbred and 1/4 riding pony

6. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

JessiTrist - for the hacking they have to be registered with the EFA or the Hack Council, and for the Breeds they have to be registered with a breed society. For the dressage and showjumping they have to be registered with the EFA.
    You have to qualify your horse for the hacking, you need 20 points including 2 open wins and an agricultural point.
    p.

7. JessiTrist

hey thanks taylor... i will look into it...

8. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I won't be going to the Royal this year with Arnie its too much of a rush at the moment but I'll take all next year to prepare him for it...

~§Arnie§~

9. JessiTrist

if I have enough time with tristan i might go next year aswell... but i have a friend entering this year, so i'll go have a taste of what its like in the high ranks