Breakthrough in Morcombe case

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by feather feet, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

As someone who has had a doctor come in and say "Your child could die" I know the sheer panic and fear. I cannot describe in adequate words the emotions that go through you when told this.....and I was only in danger of losing her.

I take my hat off to any parent who has lost a child that can get up the next morning and function to any degree. I honestly dont know what or how I would have coped if something had happened to my daughter and I count my blessings everyday that they got to her in time.

2. thebobstar

thebobstar Active Member

wow
    I dont believe daniel parents did anything wrong he was 13 and should have been picked up at the bus stop by the bus driver not driven past and he would have been home safe.
    I live in an area where your kids have to catch a bus to get to high school. unless you can drive 20 mins to pick up and drop off your kids and if you have other kids its not always possible.
    they did nothing wrong.

I think kids are too wraped up in cotton wool these days. I let my kids ride or walk around the crn to their mates house the older one and she is alot younger then danel is allowed to go on her own the younger one can only go with her big sister.
    the older one SHOCK HORROR is allowed at the park up the road.
    Kids need to be kids and have fun and to lern like WE did. and the danger was there just not in the spot light as much.
    My kids and i (mainly the older one at this stage) talk about stranger danger etc.

3. Cav

Cav Gold Member

EVP....i could sit here typing out a big long response but what a waste of time that would be.

QSS we will have to raincheck on our arrangement, we have to go for police interviews on that day now which is way more important than listening to you tell me what you think you know about me.

they also found shoes at the site they are searching and those have been sent away for testing. fingers crossed it is him and the parents can give him the burial they so desperately want for closure. :(

4. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Yes don't bother Cav. Not sure what a police appointment is all about and really I don't want to know........but it sounds like you have bigger fish to fry and bigger issues impacting on yours and your daughters life.

I suggest concentrating on those. When you have earned enough stripes as a parent of grown-up/older children and shared all they have lived through and accomplished and learnt, THEN I think you might be qualified to add to sensible discussions.....until that time I hope your life can live up to your expectations of it!

5. sambo

sambo Well-known Member

6. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Thanks Sambo for actually getting back to Daniel - this thread is about Daniel, not Cav. Dont bother responding Cav because im not here to feed your need to be drawn into yet another its all relates back to you debate.

Its not. You are not important here. Daniel and his amazingly strong parents are.

7. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Wow, you guys make things soooo personal. I can't believe how last night's posts went :(

Soooo using this "reality" QSS, "best case scenario". You have a good 4wd and a drunk driver hits you. You're going to be a bit safer than if you decided you'd rather drive a Hyundai Excel fo better fuel economy. That to me is a good parenting choice. Obviously choices are influenced by a family's income level, and not everyone can afford to drive around in a 4WD. Many Mums love to have the safety choice of a small 4WD though. Another option might be to not be driving a child around late-night or very early morning - when the chances of their being a drunk driver on the road might be a lot higher than, say, Mondays at lunchtime. I'm actually most aware of other drivers on show mornings, because I realise there are people still making their way home from nightclubs *#)

I don't think this thread should be about whether one Stockie is a better parent than another #( I do think, and I;d do it myself, that the Morcombes would have dissected that day a million times and would have lashed themselves with ways they could have done things differently. But they don;t have that choice anymore due to some filthy mongrel.....other parents can learn though (or choose not to and cross their fingers :confused:).

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  8. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Gee ya think? Did ask several times last night for people to get off my case! Far out.

wattle....good points you have made throughout this thread. I agree with what you are saying about how the Morcombes would have mulled over that day time and again and probably will for years to come. Its a part of the grief process, as is they will blame themselves, forgive themselves, be angry at the man that took his life, be sad, be a whole range of feelings, thoughts, emotions and psychological processes, and maybe one day they may smile fondly at good memories they have of Daniel.

9. PPH

PPH Guest

I think a few ppl here need to take a long hard look at themselves before they start pointing the fingers at others. Grow up and have half a heart.

Haven't these ppl are'nt going through enough already, they then have to have the eyes of Australia watching and critisising their every move. Like they don't feel bad enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
  10. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I dont think it's not about having no compassion for them. I personally have a lot of compassion for what that family has gone through and it hasnt ended for them yet. But as with any case like this or any other criminal cases that are made public, it opens the door for people to comment and thats what has happened here and some of us clearly have different viewpoints. Whether you like it or not or whether you agree with what people think or disagree...every is entitled to speak freely without being slammed for it. So yeah I agree a few people in here need to "take a long hard look at themselves before they start pointing the fingers at others" as paralna stated.

11. PPH

PPH Guest

I never mentioned names Cav. Guilty concionce maybe?

12. Cav

Cav Gold Member

No guilty conscience here **)

13. PPH

PPH Guest

Then stop explaining yourself, you lose your power.

14. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I was agreeing with your statement??? ';' OMG must be the weather!:}

15. mod 7

mod 7 Moderator

I think this thread has gone south. Such a shame!
    You've been warned not to get personal.#(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.