Breakthrough in Morcombe case

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by feather feet, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

huge news here in QLD atm..a 41yr old twice convicted pedo father of 3 from WA known as P7 has been arrested and charged with daniels murder,child stealing,derprivation of liberty and indecent dealings with a corpse..my heart goes out to daniels parents,hoping they get some closure..and well done to the 100 QPS officers who haved worked on this case for 8yrs....

2. Cav

Cav Gold Member

sad story, glad some justice may be done for the family. see...they will eventually get ya!

3. cisco kristy

cisco kristy Well-known Member

gald the family can be at ease now

4. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Finally some closure for the parents.
    May he rot in hell :mad: P7 so he's protected Grrrrr#(

5. Sharaway

Sharaway Well-known Member

So many kinds of sad and wrong

6. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

the POS will front court monday,and the police are currently searching bushland,but they wont say if P7 has said where daniel is buried..cant believe he has kids himself..why??

7. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

As horrific as it would be to see, I hope they find his body.
    Until his remains and found and laid to rest there'll be no true closure. Without a body it would be hard to extinguish that last little flicker of hope.

As for protecting the mongrel, maybe for now I can understand it but once he's proven guilty, name and shame the b@stard then string him up in the town square. Let the people give him what he deserves :mad: #(

8. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Yes....agree with all that

9. Ozzies_Girl

Ozzies_Girl Well-known Member

If they are saying he intefered with a corpse but the body hasn't been found does that meant the perverted freak has admitted to doing it?

10. Sharaway

Who knows Ozz but I really don't want to know either, all kinds of wrong.

I would fully support the death penalty for freaks like this guy.

11. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Before you all point the fingers and state the punishment, the man has not been found guilty yet. The protection is for his own safety. What if he is found to be innocent and something happened to him with no protection, the death of another innocent person in custody? This is why the media are such a pain in the ass for causing storms before the man has even been convicted. Based on him being arrested, I think it would be rather safe to assume they would have some very solid evidence to prove his guilt but until trialled he is still deemed to be innocent. If found guilty, he will probably remain protected within the prison system again for his own safety. Just because someone is a criminal does not mean they are denied their basic human rights. We send criminals to prison as a punishment, they are then not further punished for what they have done. Their punishment is deprivation of liberty. Whilst I believe in an eye for an eye, this is not how our system works so heres hoping he gets the maximum sentence...life.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  12. Sharaway

Cav with all due respect to you, firetruck that, people who do this to kids are not human, have no human rights, and deserve no special protection.

Infact I would personally pitchfork up for guys like this.

13. CRH

CRH Well-known Member

Good on Daniels parents for not letting the case rest and keeping it in the public eye. I hope this man truely suffers for what he has done!!!!! Apparently police are going out to a possible site tomorrow to dig up.

14. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Yes very punitive approach there Sharaway. I am not condoning what he has done (in fact I believe in capital punishment for murder and the such as this case) however he does have rights and he will live a VERY comfortable life in prison when and if he is found guilty.

15. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I try to look at everything pretty fairly. Stealing, assaulting and killing a child, completely crosses the line for me.

Cav, really can u say if someone did this to your daughter you'd be content for them to be imprisoned for life, safely segregated from other prisoners....maybe getting an education, 3 nutritional meals a day, and a warm bed at night?

16. Sharaway

Exactly, a comfortable life in prison, happy happy joy joy, I can feel the rage welling when I have had a great day.

I just pray Hell is a real place for people like this.

Burn baby burn.

17. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Please re read carefully what I am saying.

I DO NOT condone the acts this man has committed.
    I DO believe in capital punishment

However....this is not how our system works. The best he will get will be life so yes if I was that family I would be hoping that IF he was guilty and did commit those crimes that he would be found guilty and sentenced to life.

And YES he will have a bed, access to mental health and psychological professionals, maybe be allowed to access education and definitely 3 meals a day and probably a TV!

18. capnjack

capnjack Well-known Member

I agree with you completely Sharaway and Wattle, but only if this is the guy.

I'd just finished school when Daniel went missing, was a very scary thought, probably the reason I didn't go down the big-city-uni-student life that most of my friends did (I don't count Perth as a big-city!).

If it is the guy - string him up, castrate him, whatever you want to do, but if it's not... He could be a seriously deranged guy who has taken all of the information that's been released over the years about Daniel and claimed to be the killer/kidnapper out of some strange need for attention. Doesn't make it much better, but if he didn't have an actual role in Daniel's disappearance, then what good would revenge do if it wasn't against the actual villian?

19. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I'd be hoping he got sentenced to life.....but something else happened to him :}

20. Sharaway

Cav that still reads like you are an advocate for the criminals rights.

That this man, if guilty had a right to a cushy life in prison, our laws say that's the way it is and you agree.

Many of us don't like our laws, dont agree, and would go so far as to feed this guy slowly to the meat ants, and that wouldnt even come close to an eye for an eye.

Nothing that you could do would replicate the horror and terror caused to that poor boy or his family now and still yet to come.

..... I really need to not read these threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.