Brand Search Please

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ozzies_Girl, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Ozzies_Girl

Ozzies_Girl Well-known Member

Near: 4HS
    Off: 3 over 8

Thank you :)

2. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

tb??.......

3. Ozzies_Girl

Oh yeah sorry!

4. simbin

simbin Gold Member

there is no record on stud book of that brand.

5. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Here are the brands listed that come close Lazy H 4 S, 4HU, 4VH, 4MH with dots in between.

6. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

i had that same prob with oz...all i knew about him was is brand and his sire...it took almost 3 years to find him....not all brands r registered on stud book, his isn't either, i looked ur the sire and his produce for that year and went through and looked at every bay gelding or colt or stallion and looked at there id cert, it took me sooo long coz ozzie's wasn't up!! but his full bro had a id cert and they had the same left shoulder brand and then i emailed everyone on the contact list to ask if there was an id cert for Corporate Pride and they emailed it to me and wat do u know, it was him :)

This is the one that sent me the id: Jacqueline Stewart (jstewart@ajc.org.au)

good luck:D

7. simbin

simbin Gold Member

The brands usually are but the horses arent always. Tells you a lota bout the foolproof stud book deosnt it. If they have raced they generally are there.

8. corporate pride

corporate pride Well-known Member

yeah my horse raced...he had one start....bowed his tendon....anyways, his band wasn't on there coz that's the first place i looked...frustrating!!!!

9. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Weird lol I havent had one I cant find yet and I've had a few thoroughbreds.

10. Ozzies_Girl

Hmm, I'm sure thats what his brands said, we got him off David Harrison if that helps.

11. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Maybe you could ring David and ask if they know who bred him. Do you know his sire or dam by any chance. David harrison would probalby know that information at least.

12. seedytoe

seedytoe Well-known Member

that brand is registered to TJ and ME Rhodes and Sons, Narrogin

13. seedytoe

seedytoe Well-known Member

is this link allowed mods?

Brands Enquiry Screen

providing the registration is current, it gives you the details (but not the racing history!)

14. simbin

simbin Gold Member

That doesnt help either looked up name on stud book and still nothing. thanks Seedytoe but the ag dept only gives you name of brand owner as you have found out not any other information on the actual horse. might not even be the breeder as people borrow brands, I always use the brand of the stud my mares are at as I dont breed enough to justify having my own brand. Thought it might help knowing the surname but it didnt. Thanks

15. CABALLO

CABALLO New Member

I think you will find that is H 4 S if he came from Harrison... have fun..

16. athenaw

athenaw New Member

I have just bought a new horse and am trying to find out her dame and sire and what breeding she has in her. the people i bought her off have no idea as they only had her for a year. i have looked up heaps of sites in search of her brand but i cant find anything. either that or i am not doing it right. Does anyone have any suggestions pelase??? Would be a great help.

thanks

17. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

If you actually tell us the brand maybe we can help! ;)
    Is the horse a Thoroughbred?
    Also, the sex, colour, and approximate age.

18. scullywag

scullywag New Member

Hi,

Pics of the brands always help.