BRAND Queries in here please

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by HalcyonStables, Sep 18, 2008.

1. kiani1

kiani1 New Member

Hi, I have a couple of horse's brands to track down. One is Lazy Y (on its side) 9C, 5 over 5. Chestnut mare.

The other is a Z with a 'less than' symbol next to and a 'full stop'/dot next to that. Straight underneath this is 13 over 4. Owner believes it is a th/bred. It is a bay mare.

Much appreciated in advance.

2. Genna

Genna New Member

Thankyou Wattle. Tarkan is the horse I am jumping.

Can anyone help me with the 26yr old as I am presently letting him reside with me, and the owner knows nothing about this old man?:)

3. Black Ice

Black Ice Well-known Member

Hi, was wondering if someone could please help my friend find the history of her bay (no white) TB gelding... Mr Brown??! He was originally purchased from Esperance but who knows where he's from originally?!

Here is a copy of his brand... offside is 13/8... he's rising 15 this years.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. k8staar

k8staar New Member

Hi All,
    Is anyone able to help me with a brand search please. R 6 T and 1 over 8. Approx 14 yr old chestnut thoroughbred gelding. Thick blaze and 2 x socks on his back legs. I have pics if you need. He was a rescue, and I would really like to know about his history, and his name!
    Thank you :)

5. racehorsemad

racehorsemad New Member

I think I posted in the wrong thread earlier sorry...

Hi all I'm new here,

I never had any luck searching info on my Thoroughbred who has now passed away. He was a wonderful boy and I have always been curious on his breeding.

He was a 1998 bay gelding, brands 1 over 8 and NH. No white markings.

If anyone can help with info it would be much appreciated.

Jane.

6. rockon

rockon Active Member

If someone could please look this horse up for me it would be very much appreciated.
    YS- but printed on top of each other, and 4 over 8. TIA :)

7. needanswers

needanswers Well-known Member

Just started working with a nice mare who may or may not have good lines - wondering what her info is? I don't know much about her.

6 yr old mare bay white star on head and two white back socks. Stands about 15.3hh maybe?? Name is Missy, not sure on any race name.

C on near shoulder and 35/6 on off shoulder.

Any help appreciated thanks.

8. racehorsemad

racehorsemad New Member

She could be from coolmore stud if it's a C on her shoulder but I think there is another brand that is a c but a smaller c than the coolmore brand. This wont help you much but if she is from coolmore stud they are usually pretty well bred ;)

9. needanswers

WOW just looked at Coolmore website - they have some lovely well build TBs. She is super chunky so it's a possibility.

10. Painted

Painted Active Member

The only horse that I can find with those brands is a chestnut stallion who has been exported to South Afrika.... :blink:

11. needanswers

hey Painted that's def not her!!!!

Could you look up 36/5 by any chance with C on near shoulder? I may have gotten the numbers mixed around being a bit lysdexic!!

12. needanswers

Ok apparently her sire was Bletchley Park. can anyone find any further info?

13. Painted

Painted Active Member

Nope that not your horse either, 36/5 is a bay gelding... Sorry :(

14. needanswers

Maybe she is a ghost horse..... :p

I will recheck numbers this arvo. I think it's a mistake on my behalf in numbers on off shoulder. Can't tell if her near side is a c or a C.

Well Painted I am a bit retarded. Offside is actually 63/5!!!!!! Hope you have some luck with those numbers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  15. racehorsemad

racehorsemad New Member

Has anyone been able to find mine?

- 1 over 8, NH

Cheers :)

16. Painted

Painted Active Member

Now we've got the right horse :D Her name does her justice to your brand searching at the start... it was not exactly those brands you gave up initally :lol:

Not Exactly (AUS) 2005
    Life Number: AUS00892674
    bay mare
    Date of Birth: 21/08/2005
    Microchip Number: 985100010881907
    DNA Typed: Y
    by Bletchley Park (IRE) 1989
    from Miss Precisely (AUS) 1998
    bred by Mr M Wilson, WA

4 starts $ 0,-

17. Painted

Painted Active Member

Can you tell me more about its gender and markings, there are a few NH brands but all slightly different

18. needanswers

Thank you Painted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:)*:)*

19. racehorsemad

racehorsemad New Member

Would be 14yo, Gelding, no white markings (if but a few hairs in the forehead)

Cheers :)

20. racehorsemad

racehorsemad New Member

Ps,

Congrats needanswers,

Your mares dam was a rather fine horse - Miss Precisely. I watched her run in Melbourne and she also won a nice group 3 against some good horses.
    Here's a link to mums deets - http://www.racingvictoria.net.au/Racing/horse.aspx?horse_code=579678

She is certainly well named :)

Good luck with her.