BRAND Queries in here please

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by HalcyonStables, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

wattle i can not find anything listed for 1991 or 2001 as you didnt say age of horse. Nothing listed for Karl's brand in those years. Im not as good on the searching brands as some othe rmembers another member may be able to give it ago. I found horses starting in 2003 with his brand which is when the online database was started I think anything prior to that is or may be incomplete

2. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

Just contact Karl to verify the horse. I do know that Karl lost heaps of records when his Cruiser went up in flames 2+ years ago. But call him anyway. You never know!!**)

What are your horses brands anyway??:}

Karl brands more TBs than anything else!!:D :))

3. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Thanks Shiobahn and thanks Caroline (I did try that!). He is 17yrs old, not that he looks or acts like it :)

4. Can anyone see if they can find this brand pls?

Hey all... can anyone see if they can find this mare?

Grey mare (Im pretty sure she's full TB)
    NS: M3F
    I don't know her year of birth as I was unable to look at her teeth. She also has a blaze if anyone can find a ID certificate to compare markings to.

I know the brand belongs to the Huttons so alternatively if anyone knows a C and V Hutton in the Pinjarrah area I'd appreciate a way to get in touch with them :)

5. BadWolf

BadWolf Active Member

hey i was woundering if anyone can also do a run on
    K7Y

6. raw

raw New Member

brands

contact turf club in ascot n ask for 'registration' they can poss tell u dam & sire,they will ask u colour and gender of your horse n then the brands.but mind u not all tb's that are branded are registered with stud book

7. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

raw I don't think you can do it through the phone anymore. On the Turf Club website there is an application form you can dl and then post off to them with a $50 admin charge. If they can't find any details through The Stud Book then they promise to refund the admin fee.

It's the same fee for actually becoming a member of the Australian Stud Book site :) Then you can look up all of them for that $50....seems the cheaper option if you're looking up brands often.

8. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

I rang today & got details :)

9. ilikehorsesdou

ilikehorsesdou Well-known Member

Yeah i ring all the time its quick and easy to ring perth racing because stud book dosent do before 2003 i think it is :D

10. mihu

mihu Active Member

Merrylegs, C + V Hutton are Chester and Vera Hutton, related to them and they live out on the dwellingup pinjarra road, didn't know they bred thbs but Chester was the brands inspector for years at pinjarra races. He is my grandfathers brother but I actually dont know them that well.

11. abararka

abararka Well-known Member

that brand isn't registered with ASB jess. sorry i couldn't find anything.

12. Sov21

Sov21 Active Member

Hi Merrylegs,

did a search on registrar and can't find anything with this brand either 1991 or 2001. Didn't have any luck with those others either.

Sorry :(

:))
    Sov21

13. alexander

alexander Well-known Member

K7Y belongs to BM & DF KAY of Bindoon. You can look up any stock brand on the Ag Dept web site here;

Brands Enquiry Screen

Cheers
    Sharon

14. nimetyau

nimetyau Well-known Member

Can someone do a brand lookup for a friends horses?

Brown/Bay Mare
    GL7 1 over 3
    5 years old

also

Bay Mare
    1 lazyP N
    5 over 8
    20 years old

Thanks

15. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

This one is "Kiscay" by Key Business from Rising Comet http://www.studbook.org.au/Horse.aspx?hid=864751

Just looking for second one now....

16. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Nothing under 5 over 8.
    There is only a 1 over 8 and a 3 over 8 for that year.
    But the brand is owned by Mr E S Perkins of Perkins Beach Road, Torbay.

17. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Could someone please have a go at KR7 5 over 1. He's a 17yo Chestnut gelding.

Thanks again Shiobahn for your efforts :)

18. nimetyau

nimetyau Well-known Member

Thanks Kira, maybe try 2 over 8 cause the daughter thinks she may have written it down wrong cause she thought she said 2 over 8

19. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Nim-
    There is only a 1 over 8 and a 3 over 8 for that year.

20. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

No sorry there is no horses listed with this brand in 1991.