BRAND Queries in here please

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by HalcyonStables, Sep 18, 2008.

1. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Hmmmm yes ME6 and Lazy FZ1 are both registered brands on the ASB and have horses registered under that brand, but they dont match the drop number, but because the register is incomplete before 2003 some of these horses dont show up.....could be there but just not on the internet yet.

2. Bugger! Looks like I'll have to do it the long way round, calling the breeder and asking for info that way. Its a pain because I've called breeders bout them before and they never get back to me.

3. 7notHeaven

7notHeaven Active Member

Sorry to pick up on an old thread but was just hoping that some of you clever ASB people could help me too! I have a chestnut mare bred by Mungrup(spell?) Stud down at narrikup , well I beleive it is thier brand correct me if I'm wrong Left Shoulder LazyG0W. On her Right she has 54 over 0 and she is eight years old. I was told by her seller that shes by Dr Johnson and she certainly looks like his other progeny that I have seen and I beleive the stud owned this stallion so i'm pretty convinced hes her sire. What I really am hankering to know is who her dam was and what her racing name was. If anyone could help this would be absolutely LOVELY :))

4. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Oh yes I know Mungrup Stud well. One of my good friends is the stallion handler there.

And I will look at the ASB website now, see if I can find your girl :)*

5. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Ok I have found your girl :)

Her name is Lady Dee Jay
    She is indeed by Dr Johnson.
    Her dam is Sound Track.

Any other info you would like?

6. 7notHeaven

7notHeaven Active Member

THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANKYOU! I am inordinately pleased (really excited!) to find out this info. Umm I dont KNOW what else you can find out? I'ld love to know anything! I believe she only had a few starts. But youve answered by big ? thanks and so quickly lucky me!!!!!:)) :) **) :D

7. 7notHeaven

7notHeaven Active Member

P.S. My best friend works at Mungrup too ... starting the youngsters.

8. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

I can tell you that she had seven starts, with no places, LOL, her last three starts were Toodyay, York and Pinjarra. Here are the stats for her last three runs (sorry it only shows me the last three).

Pos Date Track Dist Class Jockey Br Wgt Price

6 of 10 2/10/2005 TOODYAY Good 1350m MDN-SW K Pascoe 9 52 $41
    8 of 12 16/04/2005 YORK Fast 1500m MDN-SW K Pascoe 5 52 $21
    10 of 13 27/02/2005 PINJARRA Good 1400m CL3 R Markou 6 51.5 $101

And she hasnt got a white mark on her (apart from her brands of course)
    She is still registered in Jan and Gray Williamsons name. (They own Mungrup).
    Umm her racing colours were dark blue, yellow sash and cap.

9. 7notHeaven

7notHeaven Active Member

Thanks again kiraspark, that is so interesting! And how funny she raced at Toodyay picnics, I probably saw her years before i got her! I did know that she was hardly the phar lap and this is obviously why she is in my paddock and not breeding some little winners. Anyway thanks for all your time just to tell me a bit of interesting history on my girl.:))

10. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

No worries! :)*
    I find it quite interesting myself!

11. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Hey kiraspark, do you think that you might be able to find my TB's information?

12. equus

equus Well-known Member

I'll have a go at finding your horse info if you want Kyara

13. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Ok. He is a brown/black TB gelding. 13years old. His brand is Lazy S 2 S and on the other side it is 1 over 5.

I do know that his old owner brought him over from NSW but he might have been born over here. And he was too slow for racing.

Any information that you can find on him is great. I havent been abe to find any yet. Not even another horse with his brand.

14. equus

equus Well-known Member

The brand is registered to Mr. RJ Shannon. Still looking for more info

15. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Hi Kyara
    Ive had a look on the ASB site for you, the brand Lazy S 2 S only has ten horses shown and the oldest ones there are 2003....unfortunately the studbook says records are incomplete for some horses prior to 2003, but he might still be registered, just not shown on the online site yet.
    Sorry I couldnt help more.

16. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Thanks for trying.

17. Coz

Coz Well-known Member

Brand Lookup please :)

Can someone please tell me this horses racing name?
    C6J and 1 over 6 (1996)

18. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

19. Coz

Coz Well-known Member

Thanks heaps for that :)

20. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Shiobahn could you please, please help me too?

I am trying to find out whether one of my horses is a TB or WB as he looks very WB'ish and has a beautiful kind nature but was sold to us as TB (which we are quite happy about anyway). Our cousin has a WB who has the same brand (KR7) but I know that Karl Buckley brands all breeds of horse and pony (sigh)

He has a 5 over 1 on his offside shoulder.

*Keeps fingers crossed*