Bonsai Kittens

Discussion in 'News Items' started by Sassy, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Has anybody ever heard of this before? here is the website :

www.bonsaikitten.com

after looking through this website and seeing the cruelty displayed to these kittens i was literally in tears. it makes me so sad to know that people actually request this to be done to their kittens.

2. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

3. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thats discusting! Poor things! Why are they in those jars?...wats the point?...

~§Arnie§~

4. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

As Taylor said Arnie and Sassy, it is a hoax, so don't be upset.

But still it makes you wonder what kind of sickos are out there to think up a haox like this and think it's funny!

5. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

i am releived it is a haox but i dont feel it is right to have a website like that.
    how do they know that nobody has tried it? seeing as they explain how to do it in such detail..

6. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

this is sick! I cant believe anyone would spend their time thinking up these horrible ideas! sickos!

Jessica *

~To ride a horse is to borrow freedom...~

7. dressage2003

dressage2003 New Member

That site is soo funny!!! Did you look at the photos?
    They need a shoehorn to get a cat in a jar!! What the!!!

Its good that its not real though.

8. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

it is pretty funny, but it is sick!

Jessica *

~To ride a horse is to borrow freedom...~

9. Darume

Darume Well-known Member

That is just plain sick.. I am not a cat person but for someone to even think this kind of hoax up is just sickening.. They need to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!

~THERE ARE HORSE PEOPLE AND THEN THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO OWN HORSES~

10. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Hey Sassy, I think I sent you that email I looked at the sirte and couldn't decide if it was a hoax or not so signed the petition and passed it on in case it actually was real. Hard to believe that anyone could even think up a hpax like that never mind actually doing that to a kitten.

11. sil

sil Gold Member

The site is a joke site. The pictures are graphically designed. Personally I think it is hilarious but I realise it's not everyone's beef.

Speaking of beef, another joke site by the same people is

http://www.manbeef.com

Which I also think is really funny, but if you are easily offended or grossed out (so this applies to anyone who was offended by bonsai kitten site) don't go there.

~ Do as much as it takes, do as little as it takes. ~

12. Kari

Kari New Member

Please do not joke about this issue, bonsai kittens are not a hoax...they are very real...

I researched them as a project for our animal ethics unit at uni and they are very common in both Hong kong and Singapore. They can be bought from markets in both of these countries. One of my friends who has lived in Singapore for most of her life has encountered these poor kittens first hand many times - she was the one who gave me the idea to do the project.

People would not believe the cruelty which is out there...

13. Tam

Tam Well-known Member

Thats interesting Kari as as far as i am aware the website in question was investigated by the appropriate organisation and was proven to be a hoax. Perhaps it gave other people the idea though.

14. Kari

Kari New Member

Not sure about the website. What organisation investigated it?

Kari

15. valkyrie

valkyrie New Member

I also heard the site was a hoax. Don't worry it's ok. This page has been around for a long time. Go to the sales page, you can't actually buy anything. The online banking has been comming soon for years. We get the same sort of email about our site from the Gnome Preservation Society. lol. It's all in good fun and amazing advertising. Hhhhmmm I think I just gave away his little secret.

16. Tam

Tam Well-known Member

Sorry Kari prefer not to mention which one on a public forum.

17. Kari

Kari New Member

Well the website may be a hoax but the reality is this does occur...

18. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

Kari
    Can I ask where you got the info about these being real?

Noone I know in Singapore has ever seen them. I think it's a myth like the vending machines in Japan that contain weird stuff.

p.