Bletchley Park offspring

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Nickelodeon, May 14, 2009.

1. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

hehe but goodie, its been quiet latly, im sure shes jst keepin them on there toes! hahaha

2. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

You'll keep Jezzy!

3. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Spid i will leave that one up to you - Northerlys riders always wore a safetly vest and used their own racepads :p

4. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Ok ,guys this section is for HORSE RACING.I can see where Jez is coming from and why she's frustrated.
    Once a horse stops racing it is not a racehorse so I think you need to put your threads under the relevant discipline ok.
    Then everyone happy and I don't have to tear my hair out!

5. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

I think maybe these threads belong under breeding as it is about the 'breed' of horse the thread in breeding thoroughly confused me:b

6. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Yes you are right TBPA.....kinda like taking an opera singer to a battle of the bands.....they are not racing relevant threads, breeding relevant yes, funny that people can manage to put questions about QH tempraments in breeding (QH racing is big in US and I believe is sometimes done over east) but because its a thoroughbred, the posts show up here....OFF TO BREEDING PLEASE!!!

7. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

So can you move it to what section you think is relevant please Mod 3.

Cheers

:)*

8. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Sorry Jez, Mod 3 :eek: It only occurred to me to put this thread in this section because BP is known for his racing progeny, I didn't mean to offend :eek: To my defence though, I was asking about the BP offspring - what they're like, their success etc, I welcome the racing owners/trainers/breeders to have their input on how their BPs do on the track and what they're like as racers (both to handle and on the track) :)* I suppose they're so versatile that the hackies/breeders/eventers etc made their way into this thread too hehehe :p

Mod 3, if appropriate, please move this thread as I'd rather it stay alive than get deleted **)

9. Jez

Jez Gold Member

LOL Nick, wasnt just your question, it was the proliferation of threads asking about bloodlines that just happened to have raced springing up over and over. How they behaved on the track is generally of little indication as to how a bloodline will behave in hacking or showing. Given how many BPs there are around its sort of like saying.....my car is a holden, therefore, it must be as good as all holdens Peter Brock ever drove.

Like hacking or showing the horses bloodline is only one ingredient in the mix. Environmental factors are hugely different....i.e we work our horses for less than ten minutes in the mornings 6 days a week - that ten minutes can often mean from the time they get off the truck to the time theyre back on if close to ascot. You certainly do not do ten minutes of fastwork every morning. You guys work your horses for half an hour plus - something that through my eyes seems ridiculous - complete overload, but you are working in an entirely different fashion.

Its also about volume...someone throw me the name of a quarter horse that has 15,000 offspring and we can then compare ALL 15,000 of that sires offspring to 15,000 serheeds, then it becomes apparent that asking after a sires bloodline as an indicator of how an individual horse in say, western or dressage will succeed or fail is an exercise in futility.

When you start seeing threads asking after Rant and Rave well...your asking about a horse who ran approx 20 + years ago, why not ask the question how about offspring of Eulogy (rant and rave's most prolific winning throwing family line sire) way back to 1913.

Because my grandfather fought at Al Alamein and in the African Campaigns and saboutaged a Nazi train and recieved medals of valour for his deeds during the war, doesnt mean I am a great soldier or an genetically predispositioned to be a great soldier.

The question your asking Nick would be better asked in the breeding section to owners of BP offspring who are performing IN the showing or hacking arenas.

A racehorse stops being a race horse the moment it crosses the finish line for the last time.......not months or years or decades or quarter of a century later.

10. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

**)**) Bout time some people actually took that on board too ai haha