Bletchley Park offspring

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Nickelodeon, May 14, 2009.

1. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Oh spitting image of our boy! Yes does that tiny hop when he is unsure of just really peed off cause its dinner time and we do not ride when its dinner time according to him. LOL

He can be strong when you ride, but only by choice not stupidity and thats really only when its dinner time and he wants to get it over and done with quickly so he can go to dinner LOL. I find if I do 5-10 minutes of ground work first with him, he is much better in the saddle at dinner time.

Ground manners vary from handler to handler. If you do not demand from him he will walk all over you. He test thing is not to let you pick up his feet. LOL He will just plant all his weight so you cant pick it up or walk forward so you cant pick it up. Started off softly reprimanding him, now its poke in the shoulder or a forcefull back up if he pulls those tricks. But he still tries it on every now and again LOL

The farrier has ended up on the floor twice fighting over his back legs. He hops around while the farrier holds on for dear life. On the 2 occassions he has got the farrier on the ground, straight after he has been an angel LOL. Its like "Hmmm I am the boss and now I have shown you, you can do anything you want with me". He is a funny monkey and we love him to bits. He will always keep us entertained.

2. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Hahaha QSS!! Some of those things you say about your boy - I swear we're riding the same horse :p

I need to do more ground work with him, even my instructor has told me off more then a few times for his "assertiveness" :eek: He's definitely not stupid this one, has a brain in him, so when he misbehaves, it's more because it's him throwing a tanty "I don't WANNA!", as opposed to random outbursts of "Holy moly what was THAT?!". But as I said before, this boy hasn't frightened me (yet lol) with his little outbursts because he never acts through random stupidity, he thinks things through, and it's because of that I've really enjoyed riding him **) His bossiness on ground does frustrate me at times, but I think I need to work on my "leader" skills haha!! Once I've got that over him, things will start improving even more! Unfortunately, he doesn't belong to me, but hopefully I can continue on working him and we'll see what we can bring :)

3. Cowgirl Kid

Cowgirl Kid Well-known Member

and bad legs as a result!...

but excellent temperaments! Never met a nasty one!

4. Roleysgirl

Roleysgirl Active Member

Yes the BPs have THE BEST temperments, mine would have to be the nicest horse I have ever met. He is playful and sooo quiet(I give 5yo rides on him even tho he came off the track 2 months ago!) Ive never had any probs with his feet. The farrier commented that he had one of the best sets of hooves on a TB that he had seen! I f you are looking for a horse with a great temp, is pretty and can jump then i would definetley recommend a BP!

5. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

For bad moving, unsound and bad legged horses, the Bletchley Parks are certainly cleaning up in the show ring atm! BP's have won at several Newcomers, took out Champion Mare, Champion Gelding and Supreme Champion at last years Royal etc. I have one and adore him, would have another without a second thought.

A lot of the hoof and leg problems and bad movement are pretty across the board for most TB lines! BP's just seem to be getting singled out atm *rolls eyes* Yes, some TB's can move but guess what, the majority can't! And yes, some TB's have good feet, again... majority don't. Now someone will say I am having a dig at the breed... well I don't think anything beats a quality TB and they are actually my favourite breed to handle and ride hence I have 2 in my paddock now. The 2nd one tho was brought as a rising 2yo unstarted and that is how I will buy TB's in the future.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  6. Que Sera Sera

You have to say, that out of a lot of lines, BP's have a life after racing. It just shows how versitile this line is.

7. Leeara Park

Leeara Park Active Member

Just for the record, the horse that won Champion TB Gelding at last yrs Royal was not a Bletchley Park. He in fact is by St Jude.

Reserve was a BP. :)

8. Dapplegrey

Dapplegrey New Member

My Bletchley Park went champion thoroughbred 15-15.2hh last year at the show.St Jude thoro took out 15.2 and over,then went reserve to a Bletchley Park mare

9. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Yup, Elegantly Black was Champ Gelding last year. He is my boy's full brother ;)

And welcome Dapplegrey :) I now know who you are!

10. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

I don't think Elegantly Black got champion gelding last year, I thought Perferct By Nature (don't know his racing name sorry LP) won Champ? I could be wrong though.

Regardless BP stock do very well but none of them are renowned for extravagent movement. Not a dig but it is fact.

11. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I'm lost *#)
    MPKG are you talking about the inhand classes or the ridden ?
    I got the impression (not sure why :p ) that Dapplegrey was referring to inhand ? But I could also be wrong *#)

12. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

No none may move extravagent, but name many TB's that do :p Sure, there are a few, but not many. It is not like watching the pony and galloway rings where they all move extravagently.

I may be mistaken, I know EB definitely won his height but I thought he went Champ as well? A BP mare definitely took Supreme. And I am definitely talking about the halter classes.

13. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

I am referring to the in hand as well.

I was in the classes lol.

14. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

15. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Sorry my apologies, a Bletchley Park was Reserve Champ Gelding :p

16. Que Sera Sera

Oh well I will have to hang, draw and quarter you now LOL. :p

17. Dapplegrey

Dapplegrey New Member

We all know how hard it is to win any show,let alone a Royal.My Bletchley Park(Elegantly Black) won his height last year(all classes were big as they are)and Reserve champ to the lovely, seasoned Perfect By Nature.I do not ever have shoes on him(he has great no problem feet,only just before the Royal as I think as it is the Royal it should be done.My husband reguarly trims all our horses.As I said we have trained them for many years,actually the first BP's that raced.And we have a stable full of competive BP thoroughbrds that are obviously all sound and are racing.Last year as my boy won his class at the Royal just 15 minutes later our BP gelding called Ace In The Pak won at Belmont Park,only difference to our wins was the prize money as I was so PROUD of both.We all love our horses and all put the time and effort,hours, even money into them.Thats because we love and enjoy them.Goodluck to ALL no matter what breed(mini to Clydes)They are all beautiful.

18. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

Oooo you doing the Royal this year Dapplegrey? Cos I'll have to look out for your stunning boy then :)*

If it were ever possible, I'd love for my first horse to be a BP - would love a tb to event, and they just sound ideal :)

19. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Totally agree Nickelodeon, have been lightly looking for a BP gelding but they are few and far between. It seems everyone wants t hang onto theirs, and I don't blame them! :)

20. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

its true, I would never sell mine:D
    but i want first dibs if kimaley evr sells her stunning boy:p:p:p