Big Girls Can Ride Too

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Fluffy, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

That's not big. *THIS* is big!!! Those buttons are held on with industrial strength cotton, I tell ya! :D

[​IMG]
    (photo credit: Perfect Pony Photographics!)

I am getting smaller though. Have lost 13 kgs since May! Only a million more to go.

2. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Lin, the horse looks fatter than you so its all good lol.

3. supersezabell

supersezabell Well-known Member

I just to put my 2 cents in :).

1) Who cares if your big you can ride so go for it :D
    2) I too once was a "larger" girl...well in the vicinity of just being overweight and pudgy for my height.
    3) I perservered and lost 16 kgs to get where i am now (lots of people with know that now i am quite small)
    4) You dont have to be "big" to have a big chest haha, im quite larger in that department *sigh*and im with your BM sit trot....well riding for that matter causes lots of bounce...anyone know a good sportsbra?

will put my piccies soon.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  4. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

simbin, you look bloody awesome mate! look at your gorgeous long legs!

5. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Actually I do, Run and Ride Bras.

The lady that own Wagga's in Katanning makes them.

Might have to ask Delrea for her details.

6. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

i pity anybody that has bigger boobs than me. sheesh i know how much mine hurt sitting trot let alone the poor ladies out there with even larger chest puppies so to speak.

7. PPH

PPH Guest

lol, yes black eyes can be a problem rofl

8. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

lol glad mine arent that bad that would be umm akward to say the least to explain why you have to black eyes.

9. supersezabell

ooo awesome :D lol i hate gravity when i ride!

ok this is the only pic which sort of shows when i was bigger....i did get a bit bigger then that though!
    [​IMG]

a recentish pic :)...well one i have on my pc here that is an 08 pic lol dunno why but i always look like a midget when i jump this pony (12.3hh) but then im only 5'3 haha!
    [​IMG]

10. Jewels'

Jewels' Well-known Member

Awwww, there is a Remy pic, we don't see him often enough Lin hint hint!!

Well done on dropping the weight, are you following any program or just cutting down on what you eat? I would like to lose about 10 to 12kgs but just don't have my head in the right place atm.

Julie

11. supersezabell

It was a bit of eating healthier and actually exercising lol. :) When i put on the weight i went through a lazy "depressed" stage- a lot of crap going on and i just basically sat infront of the pc eating junk.

I started eating smaller meals which were actually better for me (and a treat of a chocolate a day) and started walking everywhere (didnt have my licence at the time) as i had previously just waited for dad to get home to drive me to the stables to ride/feed. So basically walking and catching the bus to and from the horses and then to and from work in addition helped me drop the weight.

I know that isnt feasible for most and of course im terrified of the weight creeping back on cos ive gotten my licence and drive everywhere now so i now just go for a half hr/hr walk in the evenings when i get home after the horses with my puppy and to the beach on weekends.

For me personally horse riding just doesnt do anything exercise wise if you get what i mean eg when i stacked on the weight and being lazy i WAS still riding 2 horses a day and still put it.

I have put it out before but again if anyone is interested in getting together once or twice a week/weekend to go for a walk together im happy to do that- im located in Queens Park/Cannington.

12. Fiestymama08

Fiestymama08 Well-known Member

I wish I had your problem supersezabel LOL I would gladly swap if I could. :)*

13. supersezabell

Lol for which one... the bounce? haha!

14. Jewels'

Jewels' Well-known Member

Hi Super

Well done, walking is a great way to stay healthy. I walk about 2 - 3 hours a day 3 times a week with the agistment but I know I just eat far too much. I am about 8 kilos overweight and hate to think where I would be if I didn't do the constant walking. I don't drive either (low vision) and used to walk/ride bike everywhere but since moving out to the property with my OH, I rely on Geoff to drive me to the train as the distance is too far to walk/ride. I wouldn't mind riding (bike) but with the horses, I don't have the time.

Once we have more daylight, I am going to start bike riding again as I really enjoy it. ATM, when I get my couple of hours in between stable chores, I will always ride one of the horses over the bike.

I should have my head into gear, afterall I have a wedding dress to fit into LOL.

Julie

15. supersezabell

Julie, :) Its great you walk that much i was around 2 hrs a day when i was travelling everywhere. I SO understand about food and the cravings OH the cravings lol.

I can recommend a fantastic meal replacement drink- Ultra Slim from Coles the vanilla flavour is the best, you can have it for both brekky and lunch or just brekky/lunch and it really makes you feel full.

For me though i also had success with not eating dinner (that was just due to lifestyle), I would have ultra slim for brekky, morning tea and a big lunch (i find im always hungry in the mornings but not overly in the arvos) then of course i wouldnt get home until about 6:30/7 from the horses then i take the dog for a walk so by the time im home, showered etc its far too late really to be eating so i just wouldnt and i wouldnt really be hungry either, if i was id have a yoghurt and it works.

Other foods i can recommend:
    Weight Watchers stuff (actually tastes really nice)
    Dried Fruit (after a bit you fill full anyway)
    Nuts (same as above)
    Yoghurt- at the moment im really into the Brownes no fat Strawberry Sundae lol, but i find it good to vary it.
    Bananas- are just a good alround fruit which is also filling.

Oh and Congrats!! (wedding) :D

Sarah.

16. Fiestymama08

Fiestymama08 Well-known Member

LOL Supersezabel I was actually refering to how over weight you "think" you are!!!!! I wouldn't mind swapping lol :)*

17. supersezabell

Truly though in the BMI i was just on the overweight scale for my height- im 5'3 and i got to 72kgs, i think size 16 clothes and now am in the 50's and size 10.

18. miss_skoobz

miss_skoobz Well-known Member

Hey girlies, I was the biggest chub chub when i was a bit younger, but the more I rode my horse, the more weight I lost, and I think no matter how supposedly "Big" you are, noone will love you any less, nor should you be discriminated against and told you aren't allowed to ride. Anyone who does this is IMO, just trying to make themselves feel better by being downright rude!! Hugs go out to those who have been put through this!!! And yes BIG GIRLS CAN RIDE TOO!! i completely agree!! :D:D:D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  19. supersezabell

lucky you! lol wish i could just be like that, unfortunately if i stop my other exercise and just ride i put it on!

20. Kyara

Kyara Well-known Member

Im not a skinny skinny girl myself but Im not really that big... Some people do look at me like I am huge but I dont really care anymore... I am happy as I am and if other people dont like that then I dont care...