Big Girls Can Ride Too

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Fluffy, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

Ok, being brave here...........

Here is me on Ice - racing name was Louisville Gold - he was a 17hh TB gelding (DUH obviously TB if racing! lol

http://www.cmsporthorses.com/1.Shell.Ice.Canter

Here is me and my filly, Ariella (who obviously was where I got my previous log in name for Stockys from!!).... she used to lay down to have her feet done (I could hold her leg up all day - but when Craig picked her feet up she got the poops up and laid down. Then it became a habit and she would lay down to get a trim, and rolled over to do the other side...... lol daft horse.....)....

www.cmsporthorses.com/1.Shell.Ariella.Baerami

Me on my then 25 yr old pony who I had had at that stage for 23 years, had to put him down at 27 :( .... This is Jojo....

www.cmsporthorses.com/1.Shell.Jojo.2.6.01

And here is him and I a couple of years earlier....

www.cmsporthorses.com/1.Shell.Jojo

Campdrafting practice on a very freshly broken in Dufus McTruck - this was about his 6th or 7th ride....... 7/8 Clydesdale.... and certainly lived up to his name! lol.... Craig had to specially make the bridle for him lol.

www.cmsporthorses.com/1.Shell.Dufus.Campdrafting

This one is Oliver Twist - who I hand raised from 5 weeks old, aged about 3 1/2 here, broke the little 'devil' into harness..... theres a chance I will get him back soon :) When his current rider decides she CAN part with him.

www.cmsporthorses.com/1.Shell.Ollie.Cart.WhyallaShow

2. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

Oh, and Sharraway - I have two other words for the bounce factor.....

DUCT TAPE!!!

Heres what I used to do:

Get one TShirt that is about two sizes too small, but doesnt choke you........

One roll of duct tape - and you NEED the assistance of someone here......

position the puppies where you want them, and then do a figure 8 around your body with duct tape, and then some right around to keep everything 'together'........

Then pop your normal hacking or whatever attire over top.

Just keep in mind that if you come off, and have to have the medics check you out - it could be interesting to explain.......

and that you should NEVER NEVER try this without the Tshirt underneath the duct tape......... OUCHIES when it comes to removal! lol

And when you are removing it - just cut your way out with scissors....

So make sure its a cheap tshirt that you dont mind cutting up, and throwing away, and that you have lots of rolls of duct tape :)

And yes, I speak from experience here! lol

3. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Shell, dont you be bringing your kinky duct tape practices onto this forum pmsl.

I have not had to go to that extreme lol, but thanks for the tip.

I can just imagine the OH's face if I had to ask him to tape up the girls lol.

Like you said, explaining it the Medics would be fun lol.

When I had my accident they cut all my clothes of me rather than move me to take them off me.

I was wearing a very expensive suede vest, and dress pants, all hacked to bits, and I remember thinking, OMG am I wearing my good underwear or not lol?

Like anyone cares at that moment?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  4. caddilac man

caddilac man Well-known Member

I am going to be re-incarnated as duct tape for a big stockis girl, mmmmmmm

5. Riffraff

Riffraff New Member

Lol caddilac man, now remember what the mods said, u gotta behave.

I have to admit this has been one of the most interesting threads I have read. It has raised valid issues and has alot of humour attached as well. :)*

6. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

Hmm yeah I'm on of the 'BIG' stockies aswell. I recently gained a LOT of weight, and hate it. I dont have any photos of me rding, but this was me last month at a breed show with Chickie, look at that ass, LOL

[​IMG]

Although I DONT have the chest issue, unfortunately dont have a lot there!

7. deschuur

deschuur Gold Member

I discovered some great sports bras for the 'chest issue' - Intimo bras do two good sports bras! Certainly minimises the bounce and oh the lift if great too - almost putting them back to where they started when I was 16*#) *#)

8. PPH

PPH Guest

where do you get them D? they sound good!

9. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Pavlova riding wear has gear for us Larger ladies, however the web page is down at the moment.

10. caddilac man

pavlova riding gear?
    sounds tasty !
    which end do you start munching at....... pmsl

11. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

gawd Caddi, there is no helping you lol.

12. caddilac man

I could mention a few ways actually, hehe

13. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

28 days to the royal and counting, god give me strength lol

14. mod 6

mod 6 Moderator

Caddi, as much as you are doing the women of Stockies WONDERS for their egos and do make a very valid point (that being that women generally have more issues with their OWN perception of their size than OTHERS' perception of their size)...I have two words for you at this point:

DOWN, BOY!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

15. PPH

PPH Guest

ROFLMAO

classic Mod 6!!!!!!

16. mochaminx

mochaminx Well-known Member

Your norty Caddi.............:)* :)* but Mod 6 is right.... your doing wonders for our egos he he he :)

17. caddilac man

mmmmmmm busted again.

18. mod 6

mod 6 Moderator

It's only the depth that varies Caddi ;)

19. Antyk

Antyk Well-known Member

Sharaway, is that god good me strength due to the ratbag horses or the ratbag caddy.

20. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Antyk the horses I can handle with ease, that husband of yours however is going to take some serious hard work. *#)