Barrabadeen

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Coz, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Coz

Coz Well-known Member

Was just wondering if anyone knows a contact email address for Barradadeen Warmblood stud (please just PM)? Have a phone number but not an email address. Or if you had/have/know any Barrabadeen horses, can you please PM me?

2. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

ive pm'd you:)

3. Coz

Coz Well-known Member

have replied :) thanks for that info!
    anyone else?

4. myst

myst Active Member

Barrabadeen no longer is breeding as far as I know. The horses were sold and the property is up for sale. As to any horses, our horses dam was Barrabadeen , a lovely black girl by Wildfuer.:))

5. Coz

Coz Well-known Member

Thats sad that they are no longer breeding :(
    Thanks for that

6. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

I tried to ring them a couple of years ago..but no one returned my call..:(

I wanted to buy a mare for breeding :(

Cheers
    Lee

7. simbin

simbin Gold Member

The stud was recently sold to Arabs who want it for breeding cattle apparently.

8. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Simbin... where did you get that info?

The property is still advertised for sale on Toodyay Road. It has been subdivided and they want a fortune for each portion!

I have a Barabadeen mare who is (hopefully) in foal. I aim to get her going under saddle again once the foal is weaned :)*

9. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

I have two BBD Mares both having FW babies and a Filly out of DVZ Goodwill and one of my BBD Mares.

10. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

:}....ok lol..so which one of you 2, is going to lend me one of your B. mares ..just for a couple of years...... please ;):D

Cheers
    Lee

11. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Ok well maybe they decided not to buy it. the info was from a real estate agent. We were talking about it and saying what a shame it was.

12. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

I have one BBD mare and just been offered another one.......I think the Ludgates bought alot of the remainder stock.My friend also has a BBD mare in foal to H.Vivaldi.My one is too!She resembles a whale:D

13. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

Just found this thread.
    BBD closed its doors last year and the land was sold (and yes originally it was going to be used to run cattle on, what a waste). It has since been re sold and is being subdivided.

The Ludgates have BBD Warrigal (Wildfeuer) and BBD Tycoon (Talisman). Tycoon has been gelded but they have frozen semen for him. They also have a few of the old mares BBD Heini (Full sister to Warrigal) in foal to Argyles PB, Collage (Collins) in foal to Warrigal, BBD Helena (can't remember who they put her to, possibly Tycoon).
    They have yearling fillies out of Helena and Collage. A 2year old filly out of Helena. A 3 year old gelding out of Helena by Cardento, 3 year old filly out of Arielle by Capone, a 4 year old mare out of Arielle and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.

Mirawee, BBD Avon Lady (Abbeys mum) was PTS on the weekend as she broke her leg going through a fence. Horribly sad thing to happen!

Beatrix and Ian Stewart have a few of the mares too and I think are looking at selling a few.

I always wanted to purchase myself a baby while I worked/lived there but the timing was never right. Lovely big horses they are!

14. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Sorry to hear that :( What are horses doing to themselves atm!

I will find out in a several more weeks if Abbey is still pregnant. Will take her in at the beginning of June. While I wouldn't mind knowing now I figure the longer I leave it the less time she then has to spit it out *#)

15. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

She definitely has her mothers attitude that's for sure. But the Abbs was WAAAAY more friendly than Avon Lady. She was your typical BBD brood mare that had been unhandled for way too long. Produced some nice babies though. One of her babies BBD Sir Lancelot (by Littorio) did his first 1.35m on the weekend (he is rising 5). He also took a bit of work to gain his trust. I backed him and he was originally quite nervey. Onwards and upwards now (literally) :)

16. LauraH2525

LauraH2525 New Member

BBD Sir Lancelot

Playing with Fire aka Cassy: do not say that you backed BBD Sir Lancelot as you did not, he was backed by Hayley Beresford and myself, his owner ,at the time of breaking in. Do not say anything about a horse you know little about and assume to know.

17. Marz

Marz Well-known Member

Laura- you must have done a google or site search for this thread- if you read the date & time stamp this was from 2009. No one would have seen it if you hadn't commented. Seems a little silly to re-hash an old conversation over a comment you obviously disagree with so strongly and have now only to drawn attention to her statement and your attitude. Why go looking for a conflict?

Pretty much- chill out bro. *#)

Or maybe you didn't see the date stamp? ';'

18. GoGo

GoGo Well-known Member

good pick-up Marz, didn't even notice the dates.

19. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

Yep agree Marz anything could have happened in the last 4 years since PWF's post and info gets lost in translation when a horse moves to new owners.

ETA Laura if you scroll down further it's obvious that PWF had a lot to do with BBD!

20. Roodog

Roodog Active Member

To prevent this becoming reactive, both girls have had a lot to do with the stud and any issues should be dealt by them in private. Previous owner who posted bought the horse directly from the stud and is still emotional about having to sell him on but is very proud of his achievements with current owner as he is a lovely horse. Unfortunately she reacted defensively but I personally know she was very tired and upset when she posted. Obviously a public forum is not a good place to act before thinking but hey everyone has a bad day so time to move on without adding fuel to the fire...:)