Baldivis ODE

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Pocket Rocket, Aug 3, 2009.

1. pugjoey

pugjoey New Member

Me and my friend will both be there doing open D grade. I will be on a palomino and she is on a grey.It is only my boys second ODE and first time at D grade so hope we will be ok.

See ya all there :)

2. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Yep, course is really boggy and really bendy lmao.. watch out for the sharp corners followed by low hanging branches PMSL..
    Especially the one near the water jump *#)

3. jacksta

jacksta Active Member

now im worried!! sounds like im going to find it difficult on my big tank of a horse! Ive taken him to serpentine in the boggy narrow xc track - is it like that or worse?

4. emloveschocco100

emloveschocco100 Active Member

Serpentine is better, not as windy.

I went to the second baldivis and i found it pretty hard on my boy. Dont try to make time because its pretty pointless because of all the corners. there is alot of boggy bits and narrow paths that are very windy, after xc on chocco his leg swelled up and so i think i may have pushed him a big too much. GOOD LUCKKK

5. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-known Member

My horse is 16.1 and I have no trouble getting around in time, usually to fast :p. The course is sand, but no worse than any other place, that has sand.

6. jacksta

jacksta Active Member

thanks for the info guys. I guess i will just see how he goes..
    I was hoping for a nice confidence run before i upgrade him to prelim..

7. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Yeah, agree with everything you said.

8. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

hey all

is this number 2 or 3???

who will win the pc c grade you must all let me know i won it 3 yrs in a row on my mare kariss

she is 14.2 FAT and can make it round but it was always me like i got lost easy but after the 2nd year i think i know it backdafront and upsidedown now :) its good love it there everything is very inviting and also a lil hard but good challenge

anyway you guys must keep me posted... dont know if kariss will vbe going with her new rider maybe in e grade WOOHOO haha nah goodluck all

9. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

What date is it on looking forward to coming and watching

10. Archie

Archie Active Member

Its on Sunday 16th August :)*

11. ReneeP

ReneeP New Member

You will have no problems with time if you make up for it along the couple of straight parts. I think that Bianca & Alice may Win it.;)

12. Anna_Smiler

Anna_Smiler Well-known Member

getting excited!!

13. Anna_Smiler

are you coming archie?

14. Archie

Archie Active Member

Yep il be there in open E grade :)*

15. Anna_Smiler

il see you there then! im going in the open d grade!! woo! we thought we'd start off small to start with! have to catch up! and i want to meet this new pony of yours!

16. SandownLodgeJelks

SandownLodgeJelks Well-known Member

rode the feral today and our dressage is gna suck extra! lol

17. Pocket Rocket

Pocket Rocket Well-known Member

dont worry. you wont be alone with a bad dressage.......... hahaha

18. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

Agreed to that PR. Bear wont get that leg right :( I gave him the week off because I haven't been feeling the best, but will be down there everyday next week, probably doing everything.

Will practice dressage at home and go into the NP along the firebreak to practice being in the bush. Maybe if i'm nice i can get some arena time at ExBritKid's place. **Thinks about jumps seen there on Sunday**

19. jacksta

jacksta Active Member

..well i wont be there anymore.. my entry didnt get accepted as my class was full. Oh well, at least i wont have to worry about boggy narrow xc track on my tank horse!

20. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

the times are up :) im number 38