Baldivis Breed Show - Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by cobbie, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurHoney

OurHoney New Member

Thanks Elanda:)* If I could just get that dam belly off her! Hehe! She is going to stud after the Royal to Morocco ERA so I guess it just going to get bigger:)

2. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

I thought she looked great...should be a very nice cross:)*

3. madcow

madcow Guest

Bugger...guess I have issues as well?

I have rheumatoid arthritis and struggle to walk sometimes let alone run.....and run fast enough to keep up with a horse.

I have some very lovely ponies at home that don't go to breed shows because it's a PITA to try and get handlers etc for them.(plus I don't really value most breed shows as much of a fun thing anyway)

I'm very happy for you UNO that you are phsyically fit and healthy enough to show your own horses. Sadly I'm having to pay someone to come and do some training with mine and show them for me.....wish I could do it myself...it'd save me a lot of money

4. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I can't understand why show organisers print this on their programmes .....

If classes coincide you must choose which class to enter, as classes will not be held up and no refund will be given.

and then not abide by their own rules. ';'

Baldivis isn't the only show that this has happened at lately. I've heard numerous people mumbling about being frustrated by this very thing at recent shows.

5. Pharazon

Pharazon New Member

Oh I must have miss read your original statement cause I did not see anywhere in it that said disabled people were excluded from that statement.
    Who are you anyway to make judgement on people who do or don't show their own? Are you so good that by looking at someone you don't know that they are sick or diabled? not everyone has tell tale signs
    If people want others to show their horses for whatever reason then where is the harm in it. Keep your judgements to yourself.

Well done to everyone that went and had a successful day. Unfortunately I didn't make this one with mine but hope to be at the next.

6. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

A judge doesnt need to WO for champion, if they have seen all the winners in their classes and already know who they want - they dont need to work out. This does happen, at the royal 06 my pony went out in the championship lineup and was called forward for champ pony without a workout, so was the reserve. The judge did this with the large ponies too.

I have been to plenty of big shows, often with the international judges and they dont always work out either.

Well done to all, hope you enjoyed your day. Im short and slow but still run mine out, of course if there is someone with bigger better legs and good showman skills i will put them on one of mine at the bigger shows. Those of you who cant run them out, enjoy watching your horses that is what it is all about enjoyment! Whatever floats your boat i say............:)*

7. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Such a shame this thread moved into petty criticisms of "who handles what horse"....WHO CARES! God the horses are there competing and supporting the show, who cares who is on the other end!

Scorpio, I agree with you about the judges not having to WO for Champion or even Supreme.

8. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

I dont care who handles who's horses at breed shows but classes should not be held up for them ever. Like the programs says you need to make a choice.

9. Cav

Cav Gold Member

ellechim, you are correct and believe me it is just as frustrating for the judge as it is for the competitors to have their ring held up.

10. classiccowgirl

classiccowgirl New Member

Ace's and My results for the day

2nd Open Showmanship
    1st Amatuer Showmanship
    Res Champ Handler

1st QH Colt 3 and Under
    Champ QH Colt Stallion
    Supreme QH

1st Palomino colt 3 and Under
    Champ Palomino Colt Stallion
    Supreme Palomino

Top 5 SOS over 14.2hh

Was a great day thoroughly enjoyed.
    Lovely comments from the judges with Ace improving ever show :)

11. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Nobody cared, until UNO was so insulting and condescending about it.

It wasn't just the Champion workout;)

12. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

I have to put my 2 cents worth in here just for you UNO...
    I show miniatures for a lovely lady who is in a wheelchair.
    I also show them for other people who aren't able to show themselves. Weather they are physically unable, or have no idea how to show yet.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to stop showing other peoples horses just because you think it's wrong, and I'm sure the owner of the colt I show won't stop letting me either!
    Your comments are extremely rude and uncalled for!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  13. OurHoney

OurHoney New Member

It understand that once a judge has seen all the horses work, they may not work them out for champion or supreme. This horse & another had missed their class & the judge kindly let them still do their class (before he judged Champion) but didn't run them out at all, just looked at them in the line. So the horse that was given Champion Hunter hadn't run out in any of it's classes. Again it was a stunning horse but I do think a judge should atleast have seen it run out as all the others had in their classes. Also note it had a bling bling browband on, not correct for Hunter. Not trying to open a can of worms but I found it a little frustrating.

14. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

**)**)

Still looking to find out who the photographer was in ring 3 taking photos of the Thoroughbreds? (no doubt other breeds too but this is when I saw them)

15. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

i know there were several ppl taking photos..Most of these are NOT professional....Try Martin Hickey,Jade Gillgan,Wattle Jodie,Vicki Tapper(redphoto) & Kez lake. I know those were the few i seen around snapping pics....MODS/ADMIN most of the above DO NOT sell their pics.

16. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Congrats on everyone's results, it would have been a beautiful day.. Were there any QH geldings?

17. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

And any Arab derivative results? :)

18. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Apparently the organisers care enough to rearrange their whole Ring 5 programme :p

19. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I didn't take a single pic :D Mostly because my filly didn't get into her class due to my aforementioned whinge :D Jess took a cpl though...but not of anyone else I don't think ;)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  20. DNDKatherine

DNDKatherine New Member

Uno. You've picked an appropriate name for yourself; it really sums up your age and maturity well. If you are 20 or under, then I would not speak of things you are not properly knowledgable about. It you are above 20, then shame on you. You should know better than to be so obnoxious, pig-headed and rude to and about other people that try to do the best for their horses.

To imply that someone has issues (which you suggest that they are 1) overweight and 2) unfit) because they have trouble keeping up with their horse in the ring is completely wrong. I have a 17HH horse, and when he really moves, his strides are massive and take up a lot of ground. I can run fast, I am not overweight, I am not unfit; but to concentrate on my own speed, not to trip over on unsteady surfaces, AND keep an eye on my horse is hard work for even the best of us!

Do not presume to know better, or have better, than other competitors. One day someone will come along that presents their horses better than yours, and will be entirely better than yours, and your supposed mediocre attempt at presenting them will get you sweet F.A. Then we'll see who turns to novice handlers....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.