AWHA Gala show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by primrosecourt, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Horsewest

Horsewest Well-known Member

I'll be there with my new girl Noblewood Park Coco. I'm in handler 21 and over, best presented, holsteiner mare 4 and over and AWHA mare 4-6yo. Any stockies feel free to come say hi!

2. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

I'm gonna come and check out your clip job hey!!

3. Horsewest

Horsewest Well-known Member

Don't worry, you'll be blinded by the no doubt hideous attempt of make up and quarter markers, lol....

4. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Did you get your entry in Lin!?

Nannygoat, you got any FW's entered?

Trimmed Kit up tonight, now he just needs washing and he is ready to go. I feel so... incomplete without plaiting but he doesn't have to be as he is a colt and he has that real Friesian mane that I won't pull!

5. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

well i could give you some tips lol but its much more fun seeing ya fumble hah!!

6. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

nah sorry, too disillusioned with the FW registrations to compete. Will stick with performance.

7. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

If you have a squizz at the Turnout guidelines it says they are to be "presented as riding horses" - this means plaiting trimming etc.;) (but alot of people don't, and I've only ever seen one person be penalised for NOT plaiting...Hmmm...this was recently so maybe the judge's are toughening up?? I don't know)

8. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I read that but it said stallions didn't have to be:

"All Friesian Warmbloods should be presented as per any turnout class clean and plaited. The only exception is stallions who if they have long manes do not have to be plaited. Handlers should be in neat attire standard with the requirements of being in a led class. For best presented classes as with all led shows handlers are required to be wearing a hat and gloves."

He is a colt and will at this stage stay entire and he has the long thick Friesian mane. If we geld him then I will have to sadly pull it but at this stage he is staying entire.

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  9. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

When and where is this show on please

Need to go and visit!!

10. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

It starts at 8.30 tomorrow at Orange Grove.

11. Nanna

Nanna Well-known Member

Thankyou :))

12. alexander

alexander Well-known Member

Does anyone have the address?

13. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

155 Resivoir Road, Orange Grove!

Have a great day!

14. alexander

alexander Well-known Member

Thank you!

15. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I thought it was on Grant St :S It is at Orange Grove PC right?

16. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Yeah, I thought the Pony Club grounds was on Grant St also. Well, that's where I'm going!

(just checked the program - yep, OG Equestrian Park (ie Pony Club) Grant St.)

See you there, Kimaley. :)* I got my entry in (yay Jo)

17. Shera

Shera Active Member

Good Luck

Good luck all I'm very jealous wish I could have got papers organised in time #( I'm going for a looksey...

18. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

at the last minute, I went, my friends 1st show ever with her mare that she bred, they went well, malaya was falling asleep most of the time!
    great to see lots of familiar faces and hope everyone did well!

19. Coda Cowgirl

Coda Cowgirl Well-known Member

congratulations to all the winners there today there was some very very lovely horses. A massive congratulations to Primrose Court with her boy Grisham coming home with supreme senior warmblood. :))

20. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

I went this morning to take some photos for some clients - some lovely horses there! Well done to everyone
    Was great to catch up with a few people also :)