AWHA Gala show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by primrosecourt, Apr 3, 2010.

1. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

I guess it might better if 'everyone' asks one of the committe members mentioned on the entry form (or one of the others ) as to why there isnt Dressage then

My thinking is (not really that hard to work out IMO) due to change of venue numbers were very low and so they probably couldnt justify holding the dressage again as it costs to much to put on.

Last yr many shows changed their venue (from a certain Large place) due to circumstances that have been discussed before on other threads.........so its a shame but not really the end of the world as there are lots of other stuff to do on the day:D

right I am NOT going to talk about that again as its getting very boring now and in some ways like banging my head against a brick wall as we dont seem to be getting very far.

I have now done my entry for the BREED CLASSES so who else is going I wonder...

2. alexander

alexander Well-known Member

It's a bit of a bugger that they have scheduled it to be held on Mothers Day!

3. primrosecourt

well thats even more of a reason to go.....Mothers day being 'your day' for doing what you want to!!....hey its only a day ,do something on the Saturday!! Podge would love a party I'm sure:)

4. alexander

Not worried about my Mothers Day...but my mum is a bit sentimental! (and non-horsey) ;)

Have decided to take Snowy...he could do with a day out! It is at Orange Grove and I don't fancy tying a stallion to the float. :) ...one day I will buy a nice new shiney horse float/truck with yards. :))

5. Shera

Shera Active Member

Im going

I just bought my girl a week ago she's reg Arabian WB so I'm going. Too green to ride out yet so halter suits me :) Just have to sort out change of ownership and enter before Friday! Going to wait until she's a bit older to classify though.....

6. Wobbles

Wobbles Active Member

Is there anychance someone can point me in the direction of the programme please? Or email it to me bluedingo@iprimus.com.au

Also are their entrys on the day? Wanna take my FW filly :D

7. primrosecourt

The programes were on the other website but called the unsual name of Kilarnie Works Gala showcase I think.....somthing like that anyway

Thats great your taking Snowy......I agree its hard with the stallions or mares and foals but I am lucky with our shitty little truck.Guess it comes in handy for somethings!!:))

8. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Good Luck everyone attending!

9. Wobbles

Wobbles Active Member

Okay so i am now officially attending :D, are there any other Friesian Warmbloods attending? Ill be in the 1yr and under class :)
    Very excited, it will be the little ones first proper show

10. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Our colt will also be in the FW 1 year and under class Wobbles :)

11. Jaana

Jaana Well-known Member

I wanted to attend, but will bephotographing at the SC Show on the same day.

12. Shera

Shera Active Member

Not going

Couldn't get my rego's sorted in time and didn't feel comfortable asking to use the old owners rego. Bugger Oh well next time... might still come down for a peek good luck everyone.

13. beks

beks Well-known Member

Hi Shera ,who is on your avatar, very nice!:))

14. alexander

Gosh, apparently I am the only Trakehner entry. :(

Come on Trakehner owners, we need your support! :eek: :)

Even thought the entries close today they are willing to take late ones. :))

15. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

I throught entries closed 10 days ago oops! I am going but not in breed classes - just working and show hunter :) .

16. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Yup, the AFWHA emailed to say entries were extended so numbers must be low :( Kit is entered, pity I can't be there but he is in the best hands with Luke showing him for us!

17. primrosecourt

I would of if I could of but I cant!!;)

18. Kymarie

Kymarie Active Member

Gosh, apparently I am the only Trakehner entry.

Come on Trakehner owners, we need your support!

Even thought the entries close today they are willing to take late ones.

Am going to go with my Trakeher Sporthorse girl will be her third outing. Hope she behaves.
    We will see, Had to clip her as she has a woolen legs.
    regards

ky

19. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

I've just got my act together and noticed that entries have closed. I thought they would do entries on the day for the breed in-hand classes but this doesn't seem the case. Oops.

I might ring the AFWHS and see if I can enter on the day otherwise I'll be a no-show. Darn me and my slackness. *slap*

I guess if I don't get an entry in, my Mum will have a nice day out for Mother's Day.

20. KPF

KPF Well-known Member

Hi Lin,

Phone Jo and she might be able to sort it out for you? Perhaps scan/fax an entry and details through to her