Autumn Horse Show Breed Extravagansa April 24 & 25

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by State Equestrian Centre, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

All we hear is poor SEC -The place has gobbled up millions in grants etc for years and enough is never enough ! I think the $50 insurance is a gambit to make more people join EWA at $300 a pop plus horse reg etc.Is the EWA of use to the average member - What do you really get from membership ?? Every show there seems to be testing the bounds of how much they can charge ! Maybe the centre ( not the ewa) is past it's use by date and should close. For myself would be sad to see it go but can the horse world afford massive entry fees to support it ? Only the elite I think !!

2. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

the $15 a class is for the breed sections

3. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

All of the above is IMO good value...international judge, chance at the Versatility Award, using the indoor arena:)*
    Just not good value if your horse is not under saddle and not under the international judge#(

4. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Ok move on people!

Dressage is on there also, who is doing that? Im trying to get them to run a medium test so I can do it twice or more!

5. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Funkymonky Jelly is APSB Riding Pony isnt he and not part bred ??
    I'd put him in what ever classes you can do without being run off your feet.

6. Asharley

Asharley New Member

Lest We Forget

Firstly this is not a response to anyone's comments as such, just a different perspective on the situation..

For those of us who will be showing on the 25th April 2010, please do not forget it is also Anzac day. As the wonderful country we live in i believe it is the most important day for us. Regardless of whether you will be attending or not, for whatever reason please remember our fallen soldiers who fought for us to have the choice, the choice of whether to go and compete or not, the choice for us to have and love horses and not just for survival or neccesity, the choice to have open forums just like this one. On this day when you wake please remember the wonderful men and women who fought for us to simply have the choice.
    On the morning of the 25th april,2010 before i head to any show i will be standing at the dawn service paying my respects to every single fallen soldier, including my Dad who lost his life ,and those who fought often with their lives to give us the freedom we have today.
    Lest We Forget

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  7. pso

pso Gold Member

hmmmm...good point asharley

I wonder if SEC is aware that no sporting events are allowed to start before 1pm on anzac day? And that a proportion of profits must be paid to an anzac day or patriots fund?:}

8. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Very good point...

9. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Interesting - very curious to know who's rule this is (is it in state/commonwealth legislation somewhere?)

10. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Yes, it's in The Anzac Day Act (1960) ->> ANZAC DAY ACT 1960

Look under Section 6 (Sporting).

11. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Thanks for the reading :) Interesting!
    Maybe thats where the administration fee goes.... to pay for the $400 fine LOL

12. sil

sil Gold Member

I've sent them an email in regards to this. While I want to go to this show, I will not compete in respect to the spirit of ANZAC Day which is a very important day on our calendar. :(

13. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

Sorry... Its very possible I'm being retarded here, but where exactly is the program for this show? all I can find on the EFA calander is the Stable and assoc dressage entry forms... ?

Thanks xx
    ARF

14. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Arfy, it says on the website the amended programme will be available soon. They removed it to make the changes :)

15. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

oh good, so i'm only a little retarded then! :p

16. Amended Programme now on EWA website

Thank you to all for your comments.
    With respect to Anzac Day we sought clarification and were unable to run our original programme. If we were running horse racing or trots we could, but sadly our event does not come into that category.
    We start Saturday 8am and Sunday 1pm.
    Some classes have moved rings and the Supreme of Supremes and Versatility Challenge will be a little later on the Sunday in the indoor arena under lights.
    Please contact Marcia Devenney the SEC Manager on 9296 1200 if you have any queries and we will be only to happy to help.

17. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

I've just seen the program for this! I must be living under a rock
    It looks like a fantastic show! We'll be there for sure!

18. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

Well I think it looks good, I will be coming for the harness **)

19. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

As said, it is a perfectly good show if your horse is doing performance :) Just a bit pricey for an unbroken youngster. However I will probably take one of each since I have to pay the admin fee just for one anyway LOL.

Will be interesting to see how many of the Supreme winners from the Sat go back for SOS on the Sunday. And I wonder if they have to pay the additional $15 ground fee for the privledge?

20. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

That's a good point Mirawee