Autumn Horse Show Breed Extravagansa April 24 & 25

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by State Equestrian Centre, Mar 18, 2010.

1. It sucks these disclaimers have to be made in posts.

2. Love Shack

Love Shack New Member

nothing like a nightly sundowner :)):)):))

3. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Sure does Merrylegs. Also glad to hear you have decided to bring Levi to the TB HOTY!

4. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

actually at the moment it is being propped up by organisations like EWA and PCAWA so the money is coming from our membership fees... i know they are trying to have the SEC run as an independant, profitable facility so that it doesnt rely on these organisations BUT this is not charging for their facilities properly... the facilities arent excellent - they are good. with the new upgrades (which most of the money is coming from gov't) they should become excellent but for now they remain just good. and personally as a member of both EWA and PCAWA i would rather see my money go to propping up the centre a little, see them hold more affordable shows where numbers are record and the facility is full of such a variety of riders from leadline to FEI to RDA that there is no need to justify high entrance fees because there are so many riders there they are making a profit anyway.

i think springbok said it best - its not about actually having the money (not sure where you get your generalisations from cos that is certainly not the case in the circles i ride in!!) its about being able to justify spending ALOT more money for this one show when there are plenty of others out there. And this isnt bagging out those who are going - i think its just sad to watch the SEC become an elitist venue when it is supposed to service the whole of perth and every discipline. it should be available to every rider.

5. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Prob best if people voiced their concerns to the Show Organiser or SEC direct to make changes happen :)

I think to have the 'old Autumn breed show' come back would be fantastic !

6. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

I know ALOT of ppl who have done this and they seem to just brush u off....

7. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

I am talking for this program, whenever I have rung they have been very helpful.

No point complaining on this thread then - either go or don't go :)

8. buggalugs

ditto.....

9. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

everyone is alloud to voice their opinions..

and im sure there are ppl on these committees that would read this.

And ppl have rung a spoke to them about this show but doesnt seem to have changed anything..

And has anyone got an answer back yet to WHY the insurence is so much more for this show?

10. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

I would hazard a guess the premiums have gone up, also factoring in the excess "IF" a claim was made. Insurance is crippling this sport, gone are the days where "she'll be right mate"!!:(

11. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

i have other shows after this date and they are only $20..

12. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

this is wat a friend has just posted about the same thing on another forum..

13. buggalugs

that doesnt explain why this show is $50 and the others are $20... :confused:

14. sil

sil Gold Member

Well at least you can get insurance now, remember when you couldn't? What a fracas.

15. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

i was thinking the same thing Bug

16. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

how did SEC survive before? Has it always been this way (excessive fees)? Has something changed? Im genuinely interested cos I haven't been showing for long (only a few years).

17. funkymonkey

funkymonkey New Member

Aralyne , do we put Jelly in APSB part bred or Australian riding pony?? We can also part welsh & dilutes but with ridden at the end of every breed I can see us doing alot of "musical saddles!" Also the kids rider classes are on saturday & the pony ring is on sunday:(

18. Leighchel

Leighchel Active Member

I think EFA have read these posts girls **)

I've printed out the program and its alot cheaper now..I may be going will decide closer to the day..

It's now $25 for all the hack events which is good as it was nearly going to cost me around $200 just for hacking when the program first came out. Plus I get 4 classes in the indoor arena and for the breed and working hunter I'm under the UK Judge and if I do well I will be eligible for the Versatility award and 3 supreme's..

For 12 Classes it's going to cost me $190 in Entry Fees I'm happy to pay this as before it was over $300.

Its should be quiet a nice show:)

19. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

the hack classes have been $25 the whole time...

Its not the prices of the classes its the other prices the $50 insurence to start with

20. Leighchel

Leighchel Active Member

oh when i first looked i through it was $15 for each class, mabey i miss read the program ;)