Autumn Horse Show Breed Extravagansa April 24 & 25

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by State Equestrian Centre, Mar 18, 2010.

1. ***************OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE****************
    Amended Programme now on EWA calendar and home page. Any queries please contact the SEC on 9296 1200 or 0418 810 933.

PRESS RELEASE CONTINUES.....***********
    The well-loved breed and performance Autumn Horse Show and Breed Extravaganza returns at a new home at the State Equestrian Centre
    April 24 & 25, 8am start Saturday, 1pm Start Sunday (Anzac Day sporting event restrictions). Some classes have changed rings.
    9 rings, 540+ classes, jumping, hacking, breed, halter, performance, harness, ARC, PC events and dressage
    Junior Best Hands, Ladies and Gents hacks, pairs riders, best presented, sidesaddle and more
    45 breeds, halter and ridden, something for everyone!
    $500 Versatility Challenge Indoor Arena Sunday 6pm, enter at least one breed halter and any two ridden events to qualify.
    International UK Judge Mrs Jo Crimmins (Welsh feature breed judge, amended programme for A, B, C, D and Cob), interstate and WA judges.
    General entries close April 9, showjumping and hacking entries on the day (or pre-entered). General breed entries on day double price.
    Entry $25 hack classes per day (inclusive for all hacking classes), Breed $15 per class, Showjumping $12 and $15 depending on class.
    NEW Pothunter class for showjumpers $20 per round, 5cm increase per round from 1.0m, clear rounds only go through, winner takes the 'pot'
    Champions in all classes, ribbons to 6 places, sashes and garlands for Supremes.
    Supreme of Supreme rugs for Halter for entire weekend judges on Sunday 5pm indoor arena, followed by the Versatility Challenge.
    Harness Supreme $100 prizemoney.

Associate dressage run by Perth Dressage Club Saturday April 24.
    Sponsorship packages available, paid judge steward duties available. If you would like to work at the Autumn Horse Show and be paid contact the SEC now.
    Information contact SEC 9296 1200 or 0418 810 933 or email manager@secbrigadoon.com.
    Find the programme via the Calendar link on the EWA home page....

NOTE:
    Breed Association Secretaries: Please contact EWA for affiliation information as affiliation will mean your members do not have to pay day insurance at any EA events. Breed associations may affiliate for $110 per annum - this means your members get reduced ground service fees and get discount on venue hire (private bookings as well as club/association events).

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Wow, sounds excellent!!

3. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Sounds like a great show:)*

BUT (and I don't normally have a problem with costs) but this one is prohibitively expensive:confused::( I have just done entries for a 2 day State show at SEC and it is half the price (actually entries for 11 classes + ground fee + insurance is almost 1/3 of the cost???) :( Such a shame as the program and judges are great.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  4. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

With the costs I certainley won't be going :(

5. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Like the sound of the prizemoney, will go to this one :)

6. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

Sadly, the entry costs take it way out of the "in my opinion" normal persons budget :(

7. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Just looked at the programme.... the cost will knock my socks off sadly. :(

8. Leeara Park

Leeara Park Active Member

Its on the same weekend as the TB Hoty show.

Looks like a great program.. but looks like it will be a veryyy long 2 (or 3) days!

Very expensive too - $15 a class - isnt that what we pay at the Royal? Compared to $8 the next day.... hmmmm

An a admin fee of $40???

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Was thinking about taking one of my youngsters down on the Saturday (have other commitments on Sunday) which means only my Pally can go. But don't know that I can justify $70 for one led class :eek: That is not much less than I will pay for each dressage test at the State Dressage Champs.

Hmm, I wonder if I can get Diva jumping the required height to do Working Hunter in time (as long as it is on in the morning!)

LP, yep more expensive than the Royal. In fact more expensive than the Arab Shows and lots of people complain about the cost of those - but at least everyone is judged by an international judge!

10. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

wheres the program?

Wouldn't mind Tess being judged by UK Judge Mrs Jo Crimmins see what comment i get.

11. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

12. Teddie1980

13. Teddie1980

Definately wont be going - they have combined the C&D classes and at the price NO WAY - bummer

14. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

$120 for my one led class...$135 if he does his ridden as well:( Really wanted to support this as he doesnt often get to compete as his breed :(

What a shame...especially with an international judge :(

15. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

Hey Goodie - are you an EFA member? I am...

16. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Nope not yet...but that is good to know that you are;) Will have to re calculate if we go**)

17. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

still pretty expensive but at least that saves a bit of money!
    not quite sure what teh $40 admission fee covers?

18. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I wouldn't mind knowing what the $40 admin fee covers as well. I am guessing you must get a full catalogue of competitors though as most shows with admin fees give you that.

Goodie, are any of the other societies you are a member of affiliated with the EA? I know DA membership should cover you since it says if not an EWA/affiliated club member.

19. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

hmmm???? Will have to check...only a member of a Riding Club (but they are EA affiliated) and Palouse Assoc at the moment would that work:confused:

20. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

If the riding club is EWA affiliated you should be fine :)

I also just read that it states that exhibitors must be current financial members of their respective breed societies. However the AHSA doesn't require you to be a member to compete with derivative mares/geldings and thoroughbreds don't have a show breed society :confused: