ARCA Freestyle Dressage

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Bethy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

Oooh hopefully I'll be there, providing I have gotten my butt into gear and brought the horsies home from spell. If all goes well I may have 2 weeks to turn paddock slob into dressage pony :D

2. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

me too! bandit will come back early aug, and i figured out with my uni timetable i can only ride him 2ce a week :O

3. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Thanks FN. Geez... $18 per horse for the pony club grounds!?!?! I didn't realise that the pony club grounds were part of the SEC. Considering we wouldn't be using the stables or anything that seems a bit rich.

Oh well, Parkerville it is then.

I thought there were a few clubs that were going to enter the quadrille. Magenup originally said we probably wouldn't but we've been organising it the last couple of days, have picked some awesome music and the costumes are going to be hilarious!
    Might put it on the back burner then until we know for sure if it's going to be on or not.

4. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

You CAAAAANNNNN"TTTTTTT cancel the quadrille :) :) i'm not riding in it (i don't think trey will cope with their costumes let alone 3 other horses in the ring with him :) ) but i reackon the magenup one is going to be hilarious - so you caaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn'tttttt cancel it :) (sorry whinge over :) )

5. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Gnangara is planning a quadrille! We've been in it every year so far from memory. We're just organising the people at the moment. It would be a shame not to have the Quadrille as it is a spectacle, even with 1-2 teams.

6. finding_nemo

finding_nemo Active Member

Thats what I was hoping to hear Lin. Looks like the quadrille is still on then.

7. simbin

simbin Gold Member

I wont be there I'm moving to Northam. :(

8. simbin

simbin Gold Member

You'll be fine bethy, didnt you win a preliminary comp last year an associate or something, you did very well. ;)

9. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Ok Zamia commitee had our meeting last night and I know I'm excited. Lol.
    Information will be posting up on stockyard and the other site shortly. there will be prizes and a fantastic raffle as well. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

So who's coming?

10. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Hey Simbin (oops... nearly called you Sin Bin! lol),

Yeah... we won one of the prelim tests at the summer series (just unofficial though) but it was a bit of a dodgy win.

I'll definitely be there and so will Nikiwink, Finitey, Magic, Emalin, Montygirl and Montygirls Mum.

Can't wait!

11. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Cool cant wait!!

12. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be riding at this year's winter challenge now as the date was moved. :( I'm going skiing from 23rd to 30th August and only get home late in the evening of 30th August. That only leaves the pre-dawn hours on the day of the show to wash, plait and learn some tests.

I might enter just in case I can wing it (maybe don't plait) but I don't think I will be doing a freestyle.

13. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

and that is different to how we do it now because?????

c'mon Lin, where's your committment?

14. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Haha Mel, I was thinking the same.

15. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Yeah Andhi is going to be our official photographer.