Arca challenge

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by wildsteel, Mar 26, 2009.

1. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

go team wanneroo

[​IMG]

2. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

What an awesome photo Steph!
    Grabbing all the photos Juanita and I grabbed today - just under 400

3. Ro63

Ro63 New Member

What a great shot....well worth the drive up the hill wasn't it ;)....

I had a great Mother's Day - Shiiloh gave me lots of nice blue ribbons as presents :D

4. Secret85

Secret85 Well-known Member

Yep, I survived the towing... only did the Gidge to Toodyay, and back to Gidge part of the drive though.... But, I surived, and nothing bad happened :)

dirtbug, my pony looks almost the same as yours, just smaller.... I was the one that was lining up in the jump warm up area, standing next to the pony, if that helps... :)

5. Valencia Park Monty

Valencia Park Monty Well-known Member

Woohoo!!! Go team wanneroo!

what stars you are!!! Skye called me last night and filled me in with all the days events!!! Well done to you all!! can wait to see dome piccies Andhi :)

6. crave

crave Well-known Member

We had a great day. Well done to Avon Valley who organised and ran a very BIG event with 98 riders competing. Our Gidge team did very well with lots of ribbons. My boy and I came home with 4 firsts, 3 seconds, 1 fifth. Got second in my 45cm jumping round out of, I think, 35 riders and 1 pole down in the 65cm ....both of us were extremely tired by then. Didnt stay for the presentations as my lovely mum had to get home for a mothers day dinner...couldnt have done it without her! Cant wait to see the photos. Lovely catching up with all the familiar faces.

7. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Yes, congratulations to Avon Valley on winning the High Point trophy (most points overall) and to putting on a successful show. Huge entries, which is a credit to all clubs who sent members. :))

Congrats to Wanneroo also, in winning the Handicap Trophy (most points per rider entered).

Gnangara had a good day as a Club, ribbons in most things and up there pushing Avon for points at the end. Look out at our Dressage Challenge in October, we *want* that trophy back. :D

I had a so-so day. Remy hated the hack arena we were in. Slopey and crowded, so he was tense in the ring work for most of the time, with horses up his bum etc. (get over it, son!). Managed a handful of 2nd, 3rd and 4th ribbons for various things which I can't remember. Beth and I were hideous in the pairs (go Ro!), our horses were pulling ugly faces and trying to boot each other on every turn. Nice look...not!

Um, let's see. Yep, hopeless in the handy pony and slow as a wet week in the barrels. LOL.

He did suprise me in his jumping, seemed to enjoy it and we ended up with 3rd in his 45cm class. I'm sorry I piked from the 60cm class now as it looked like fun, but I really couldn't be fagged waiting for the huge class to finish.

Well, that's it for me. Congrats again to Avon for putting on a great challenge and we look forward to seeing you all again in mid-August for the ODE to be run by Wally and Kelmscott clubs (fingers crossed).

Oh yeah, I met Blitzen and Ro. *waves*

8. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Ok this will be spam post of photos - these are a selection taken by me and by blitzen.

Tally and Wildsteel's Bandit on the float - letting us know that it's time that we let them out!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fantastic shot by Blitzen of the parking grounds with the cars and floats
    [​IMG]

Team Wanneroo in the Best Presented class
    [​IMG]

Wildsteel and Bandit
    [​IMG]

OMG...i just forgot who this is eep
    [​IMG]

Tony and Gus
    [​IMG]
    (it if wasn't Tony yelling "GO Wanneroo!" it was Gus calling out to Shyloh)

9. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Blitzen
    [​IMG]
    The best helper ever!

Wildsteel and Bandit
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tally and I
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (only photos that will be put up of Tally and i - the rest are just too unflattering - great photos taken by blitzen; but I am too fat; yuck yuck yuck!)

The very cool Trippa
    [​IMG]

Beaudacious in the jumping
    [​IMG]

10. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Meredith from Wanneroo
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Gus telling Tony that he really isn't such a big tough guy
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dirtbug I believe
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Secret85 performing the delicate procedure of removing braids
    [​IMG]

Avon Valley member
    [​IMG]

Remy telling Lin that she is crazy if she thinks that he is going to get close to that scary blue dog
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Random photo - i believe its a member from Gidge
    [​IMG]

12. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Lin and Remy in show jumping
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Starbe

Starbe Well-known Member

nice pics! love the last ones of remy jumping! gorgeous! :)

i will probably join arc next year! so its good too see there are fun events to go to! :)

14. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

And that scary blue dog was in Gnangara colours too! Remy is such a goose.

Great pics, Andhi. Those jumping ones show there's life in the old boy yet. Just what are my elbows doing though? *snort* :)

15. RUMBLE1979

RUMBLE1979 Active Member

Arca

Secret85 I was in the same ring as you on the spotty pony.
    Also was next to you wainting to do handy pony.
    Loved your pony.

16. Andhi

Andhi Gold Member

Trying to grow wings to get him to jump higher? hehehe

17. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

I am in love with those photos!!!!!!!!!

IN LOVE!!!!

blitzen should def get commission hahah!!!

p.s andhi pm me ur addy :)

18. Carthorse

Carthorse New Member

Well what a day! I had so much fun but had to pike out of the jumping in the end as I was dead on my feet and didnt want to wait any longer for the drive home - the little so and so banged and clattered all the way home..:mad:

I love these challenges as have such a good atmosphere and my favourite part of the day was Tony's random "GO WANNEROO" and when I was in the ring the odd "C'MON LOXLEY GO WANNEROO!!!"

Congrats to Avon for the win and for putting on a great day, bring on the next one - hopefully I will make it through the full day!!!:)*

19. Secret85

Secret85 Well-known Member

Was your pony under 14hh, or under 14.2hh?
    I loved all the coloured ponies.. :)

Andhi, did you hapen to get any of Mickey's browband? I was very naughty, and forgot to take photos of his new Magic browband... oops...

That removing braids was a very delicate operation... For my first time sewing plaits in, I was suprised that only two semi came undone! :)

Mickey was soo good today... He slept when we were just waiting, and was semi awake in the classes... he was very awake in the 60cm jumping, even though it was our last event of the day... He was very tired by the end of the day... :)

It was such a long day - I was exhausted by the time I got home, just after 8pm.

I collected my handy pony score sheet.. anyone know if there will be a print out of all the results from each class, as I missed all the novelties and jumping result announcements... (and it would also be nice to see how other people that I know went..) :)

20. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

l had a fantastico time

my perfect pony got 2 first lotsa 2nds

handy pony very good tho the blue dog l managed to hit ED over the head with it :pshould have better trained stuffed animals :))least ED copes with me being unco
    barrel racing fast a 28.? something

showjumping clear in 45cm

and clear in 65 but one rail down in jumpoff tho now me thinks 65cm is easy l better start jumping 75cm :))to think that the thought of jumping used to make me sick :D

and my other fantastico horse got heaps of ribbons too not bad for an dark yellow /orange horse that l dont do very much with. Her rider for the day has only sat on for about 3 rides this year :)