Arca challenge

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by wildsteel, Mar 26, 2009.

1. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

so whose going, doing what...

anyone know what the grounds are like?

programme looks great **) good luck to avon valley and well done for putting it all together!

2. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

I'd like to go but I think it will make me ineligible for newcomers next year :(

3. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I was thinking about going, but decided it's probabley a little too far from home.
    Would take me over 2 hours to get there and I'm not too good at really early mornings. *#)
    The programme looks great though **)

4. wildsteel

wildsteel Well-known Member

yeah not sure how far toodyay is from henley brooke but fingers crossed.

im going to do the hacking, the jumping, and the handy pony. dont think as a combination that we have enough balance for barrel racing lol!!!

5. beaudacious

beaudacious Well-known Member

if all goes well i think i'll be ditching pony club and going to this instead **)

might have to see about camping though as its a bit of a hike.

6. Secret85

Secret85 Well-known Member

I haven't seen notification of this...
    When is it?

7. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

It'll probably take you an hour and a quarter at the most. Maybe an hour...

There are a load of undercover stalls to put the horses in. Bring two leadropes, as you must cross tie them, there are no gates in the stalls. Otherwise you can tie to the float, it's not a lot further away. There's water at each end of the rows of stalls.

The grounds are spacious, heaps of parking, plenty of room to warm up etc. Last time I rode there the ground was a bit hard in the jumping area.

You have to walk over the racetrack then get on (the grounds are set inside the racetrack) not ride over it.

The arenas aren't huge nor were they perfectly flat last I rode in them, but are a good depth of sand, so nice to ride in.

The AVARC members are all pretty friendly, so if you aren't sure, chat to them!

OK that's all I know I think....

8. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

It's about the end of May. (Can't remember the actual date)
    Wallangarra should put an email out about it soon or will bring it up in the meeting at the next rally. :)
    I have the programme on my computer at work so if you like, PM me your email address and I'll email it to you in the morning. :))

9. trippa

trippa Well-known Member

ME ME ME!!! me and trippa are planning on going. GOO mummy.lol mums the best i didnt really ask i just told her and she went onlong with it ahaha goota love mum on monthers day to, i think a nice big bunch of flowers and a cherry ripe is owed.lol its on the 10th of may

10. crave

crave Well-known Member

Yep Im going.Doing a bit of everything except the barrel race. Go Gidge LOL

11. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

cant go
    dont have suitlible hacky horse
    and have pony club so mum float and sister will be at pc.

12. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

hehe Jingles is far from a hacky horse plus I have a treeless saddle *#) But I'm still wanting to give it a go. Who cares if we don't get a ribbon I just think it'll be a good introduction to competition atmosphere for the both of us. Might need some makeup to cover a scar though...

13. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

havent checked the rules but im guessing there will be a no pelham rule so cant take the little pony. also cant take the snaffle horse because i need help with him

14. doofus

doofus Well-known Member

I am definitely going to this and can't wait!!! Prob do everything except jumping as my girl doesn't jump:p:p

15. pugjoey

pugjoey New Member

This is only open to member's of an adult riding club right??
    If so then i am stoked at how many adult riders members are on this site**)
    By the way i am going its my first year at adult riding club and so far i am pleased.GO MAGENUP :D

16. Arfy

Arfy Active Member

Yay I'm so excited, will be doing everything but the barrel racing hopefully! (I can hear my horse groaning from here) :) Go wanneroo!

17. Northern Peregrine

Northern Peregrine Well-known Member

Is it definitely the 10th of May? I saw somewhere it was the 17th? I did get an e-mail from WARC about it but I'm at work and can't get on my e-mail ( they are blocked) to check. I work most weekends ( I'm a nurse) so need to try book the chakllenge day off in the roster before tomorrow or I might have to work it and not go :(

18. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Some of you people make me laugh. We had the same issue last year when dressage was at Zamia lol. I was a member of Zamia then.

Toodyay is about 50 minutes from Henley Brooke. Its a really nice drive and if you are wanting to get competitive you really need to start travelling. Its about 50 mins from Midland.

Avon Valley, Wooroloo and Zamia always support the other clubs and travel great distances I think its about time the other clubs did the same. :D

Not having a go at you in particular Wildsteel you were at all the challenges I went to including Zamia.

19. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

Hi guys

I have just put basic details (contact details etc) on the stockies calender...

some basic stuff

its on 10th may 2009

gates open 7am events start at 9am sharp.

entires close wed april 29th.

see ya there!!!

20. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Hey Dirtbag if the club needs any helpers I can do just about anything, let me know, would love to help out.