Arabian Trilogy

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Kaisi, Mar 25, 2009.

1. CAMAC

CAMAC New Member

As far as I am aware, it is up to the youth to decide if they want to compete in the youth class or in the open.

2. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

This is normally what they do.

But this time the program says
    "Youth 17 years and under may only compete in youth classes."

3. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

i think people should either go if they are happy with it, or stay home if they are not.. and if they are not happy, why not join the committee and help out and have some in put in their decisions instead of just complaining
    personal opinion

4. cruise 99

cruise 99 Active Member

Alot of the arab competitors have been on the committee over the years sugar and putting it bluntly most things never change, thats why our shows are nothing like the rest of australia, or even some of the the other societies shows held here.

(read the other thread)

And as for ppl having to stop complaining (which is just another way of voicing thier own opinion and expressing concern) or not go..... well i think with all the changes with the SEC already and now a new rule i think quite a few more will stay home.

BUT that is just my opinion

5. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Suga know one is blaming the committee for anything just voicing concerns with the program or you could call it constructive critisim. But not one post above has knocked the committee that i have read or personally attacked the committee, just mentioned that they may have overlooked some issues with the Youth classes.

Most have all done our time on committees or are currently on other committee's (others do exist besides WAAHA) and i'm sure some will join the arabian committee in the future but for now just accept it as it is and don't try and make a big deal out of people personally attacking the committee as that is the wrong way to look at it, and you should never take it personally.

This is a forum for people to discuss issues and opinions (good and bad) some you will like and others you won't.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  6. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Kyema in answer to your post, the arabian shows do normally have ridden classes in the individual registries and some height classes but the smallest split they have for ponies competing is normally 14.2hh or 14hh & Under.

7. Linnybear

Linnybear Well-known Member

Well said Dollar **)
    Most of us that have been in the horse world for a long time have spent alot of time on committees and as such DO understand what is involved in organising and running shows. Decisions have to be made for the benefit of members and the continuance of the club.
    I keep reading that stables are required and country members etc. How do people manage taking their foals, stallions, mares to larger breed shows like Gosnells then with no stables :confused:
    Having been involved with PH&PC for many years, we have competitors attend from as far away as Albany and we don't have stables. And as much as I agree it is convenient to have stables, they are NOT necessary!

Anyway, back to the topic, we will probably attend the Trilogy with 2 youngsters :)

8. kyema

kyema New Member

Hi Dollar, I was thinking about halter as well.

The arabian registries have such small numbers and there are so many.
    Arab pony, riding pony, arab w/blood, anglo, partbred, quarab, usually all with very limited entries.

If it went pony under 12 hands, 12 /14 hands, 15 hands, 16 hands over 16 hands, forget the registries.
    How would you feel about that? These are only throwing ideas around. my personal Questions.
    I dont like winning when mine is the only horse in the ring, I think that is a very hollow victory, much prefer to have some competition.

9. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Kyema, totally agree with you, we need the numbers in the classes to make it worthwhile and a successful show for everyone involved. I'm more than happy to show under the horses registered breed as if the derivative is of the correct type, has good conformation, movement etc... it should be quite capable to do well irrespective of height, it's the ridden height for small pony's only that i have problems with not the halter i think halter should stay as individual registries. Their height classes normally include the small galloway height as well and that is a very tough call for a small pony.

Anyhow it is something for the committee to look at, and it may or may not encourage more pony's to compete at their shows, time will tell.

10. suga1624

instead of typing the things you have to say, maybe call up and give the positive and negative comments to them so the committee can either give u answers or work on things. i dont think its fair that people dont show up because of things they dislike without the committe even knowing what it is.. but anyway i know they would love more people to join and help out thats all im saying. oh and im pretty sure youth can enter the open classes but dont quote me on that haha

11. suga1624

PS wasnt aimed at anybody.. just thoughts..

12. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Well maybe the committee should think about starting up some kind of suggestion box where a sheet is included in a news letter so it can be returned with any suggestions or comments so you can hear back from members who are extremely busy with other commitments and are un-able to dedicate themselves as a commitee member aswell?
    Or expecially for some of us that live 300km away.

Yes I know your open to people writing in but this may 'encourage' people to do it so you can hear from the members as some choices by the commitee don't suit the majority of the members.

Some people are already commitee members else where or some people also have other commitments other then horses.

13. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

you are contradicting your self suga, earlier you told us to stay at home if we wherent happy with it, perhaps you should give some proper consideration to your posts as they seem quite irratic and Illinformed.

14. suga1624

these are my own personal opinions. all im tryin to say is the committee dedicate their own time into preparing and running the shows, critisism is great but it would be more constructive if you told them instead of people who can't do anything about it. im only one voice, im not a committee member but hav had input into things they do.
    great idea about inserting paper in the newsletter to get feedback, call them and tell them im sure they'd do it**)

i think this should be end of that discussion coz nothings gona come out of it.. well from me anyway =] smiles all round

15. suga1624

so wonder wat numbers will be like.. im still deciding which horses to take

16. Mystique

Mystique Active Member

im hoping to take my girl only for one halter class but thats ok :)*

17. MissRadford

MissRadford New Member

Interesting discussion!!

Well I will certainly be there with my Purebred Gelding and my Derivative Hack over 15hh, and will be doing the dressage too :) Unfortunately we won't be doing the Halter as I will probably have to work the next day and its a 4hr trip- plus my horses are not really halter types- too laid back apparently:)

How exciting IPT bringing a new one out!! How big is he/she?

You will have to tell Keely to keep a close eye on the boy as I may steal him whilst she's busy with the new one:)*

18. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

Pickles and I will be doing the Derivative Hack over 15hh, Dressage and Derivative Gelding 4-7 years inhand.

I'm looking forward to this, it will be my first every Trilogy **)

19. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

i may go in the halter class .... maybe !! :)

20. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Our new one is 14.1 3/4's his name is Maralinga Stormy Knight beautiful part bred registered galloway! You may remember him was shown 2 years ago and took out Champion Novice ridden at the Trilogy. He needs a bit of work but he has THE nicest temperament. J Marsh bred him I think she called him Sir! But we call him Saint...
    Maybe you might like to ride him in his Galloway classes;) as if the program stays the same Keeley cannot ride him as they are not Youth classes.
    She may do the dressage on him.:D
    You can steal Party anytime LOL:p