Arabian Trilogy

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Kaisi, Mar 25, 2009.

1. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

In regards to the mare... I agree there may be a reason that the mare is light on, however I wouldn't have submitted the photo to a National mag.

I have one mare here who I would not post her photo prior to foaling due to her weight (did have a thread stressing about her weight though!) Weirdly after having the foal she is now in great condition, even though he is still suckling! On the other hand I have another mare who I won't put photos up now as she is too light on - her foal is a fatty boombah though! Plus her coat is absolutely irredecent (sp) so she is healthy, just giving it all to the foal.

2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Yer thats it Mirawee, i think posting the pic in a mag, i too would not do, but it's nothing to be ashamed of, in having a mare look like that if all health needs are attended too.

I am lucky, everything here is well rounded (some fat), only have 1 light on horse here, a 8mth old weanling (i bred/don't own/got back 12 days ago), though i've been posting his pics on another forum.

Either way, aren't ALL the foals cute! I especially like Ray of Light's pali bub! **)

3. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

At the All Arabian I was requested to put up a post on Stockies clarifying why the Trilogy is on a Sunday.

The SEC grounds are booked for an ODE on the Saturday so cannot be used by the WAAHA. In using the grounds on the Sunday they can utilise the dressage arenas that are already set up :)

Regardless, I will have Diva there and will decide whether to enter a foal closer to the closing date :)*

4. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

soooo whos going!?! im taking my gelding as usual.. and not sure whether were taking the 2 yearlings or another 2 yet. im excited for this show coz Link was so good at the All Arabian

5. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Diva will be entered in the 3yo Derivative class and I may possibly enter a foal...

6. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

My 2 will be going,

Yearling Derivative Male, and Derivative Mare 4-7

7. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Party will be there in both ridden & halter classes. Hoping to bring our new boy along Maralinga Stormy Knight for the galloway classes but need to find him a rider??:confused:

8. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

oohh, i saw you bought Saint, Congrats!! he is lovely :):)*

9. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

We'll hopefully be there with a three year old, two weanlings and probably a four year old under saddle/dressage.

10. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

far out Dollar, going to cost you an arm and a leg!

11. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Dollar, what weanlings are you taking?

I am considering this show with my new boy (that is of course if I purchase him - he is on trial). In saying that it all looks good at the moment **) Can't wait to get back out onto the show scene!!

12. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

That would be great Lakota, pm me who your trialing.

Yeah it will Gerbra, but now my sister wants to add a couple more on for the ridden, but i was just looking at the program and am a little confused that Youths can only compete in the Youth classes which will have derivatives and purebreds combined together ???? I'd rather put my ponies in the Arab Derivative under 14hh not against all the bigger horses and purebreds so now reconsidering the ridden section if that is the case. Hopefully someone off the committee can clarify this for me, and for others with youth riders.

However in saying that I commend the committee for including youth classes but perhaps they should be in height sections also.

I've emailed a contact so when it is claified i'll let others know if they are interested.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  13. suga1624

hey if you need a rider let me know i'd love to help out =] ill only be riding my boy and hes 11yrs and hes 15.2hh so wont be same classes will they? let me know =]
    leanne

14. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Thanks Lee I will chat to you next week about it.

As for the youth classes we will be holding a meeting next week but am unsure whether the classes can be changed now the program is out! Hopefully they can because in my opinion all the youths in together purebred & derivitive is totally unfair, cannot imagine Tulip & Party in the same class LOL:(

15. suga1624

haha would be quite hard to judge.. i rekon anyway haha.
    well i'll try and be home on tuesday for the meeting and we can takl about it!
    im excited for this show =] as i am for every show haha

16. This is a ridiculous rule! The youth riders generally ride better than the adults anyway so why should they be excluded from the main classes. I know for a fact that Ali and Silhouette have won the arab horse of the year several times, so why are they now being excluded??

17. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Totally agree with all of you, our little Tulip all 10.2hh of her would have to work the house down competing against derivatives under 14hh let alone an open height class against the likes of Silhouette, Shiloh, Top Gun, Fortune Teller and purebreds (for example). Not that i'm knocking Tulip she could on a good day out work some of the larger ones, but it would be an extremely hard class to fairly judge for any judge.

I now know why many people with derivative pony's don't support their show's as their heights are always 14.2hh & 14hh and under and the smaller pony's rarely get a chance against the larger ponies let alone galloways. How about they introduce some HEIGHT CLASSES for the smaller derivates such as the small arabian ponies and arabian riding ponies and give them something to enter into. Not just that but what about little beginner riders or riders coming off lead line, there are no ridden classes for them to enter at their shows which don't involve riding against bigger horses which is an accident waiting to happen. I would love my daughter to support such classes next year when she is off the lead, but there aren't any to support.

WHY CAN'T THE YOUTHS/JUNIOR'S COMPETE IN BOTH (OPEN/YOUTH) OR LET THEM DECIDE WHICH THEY'D PREFER TO ENTER, WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ENCOURAGING THEM NOT DISCOURAGING THEM.

Bunch of Violets i've just read your post, you are right that would knock them out of the normal HOTY classes, very interesting. I'm sure the committee haven't done that on purpose, i'd say they've put the Youth classes on for the under 17 teens and didn't think about that aspect of it. I wonder if the horse can enter the youth classes with a youth on board and then also enter the other class with an adult on board ????

18. kyema

kyema New Member

So how would you feel about combining the derivatives by hieghts instead of by registry?
    Would it make for more competition?
    Is it better to win in a larger class instead of having only one or two in each section?

19. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

It is always better to do well against competition, i'm sure any competitor would tell you that. Heights in ridden would suit me, at least they would be competing against their own. As far as competition goes each show is different and numbers vary in every registry, as with any other show.

20. I have just looked at the program for this show and the classes are divided by height, so with the exception of the really small ponies which might struggle against the 14hh ponies I am not sure what the issue is there. The problem is that juniors cannot compete in any of the height classes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009