Arabian Trilogy

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Kaisi, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

I got my program in the mail today.

Sunday 17th May (entries close 20th April) at the SEC

There is
    Purebred and Derivative Show Horse of the Year
    Purebred and Derivative Show Hunter of the Year
    Dressage Gala
    Halter Showcase

Judge: Sheryl Ackerly - N.S.W

Sounds like a good show. :) So, who is thinking about going?

2. mistress72

mistress72 Active Member

hi, could you tell me please what time the halter starts as usually it goes until the evening and this year it is a sunday!!

3. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

would you mind emailing me a copy??

4. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

WAAHA are really clashing with big shows this year, All Arabian is same as All Stars and now Trilogy is clashing with Darling Range Gala Championship Day, I know which one I will be going to, and it doesn't have an indoor.

5. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

The halter starts at 3pm

Dressage starts at noon

The Hacks start at 8am

6. mistress72

mistress72 Active Member

thanks, who booked a sunday? they obviously forgot the country people who support the shows and with the price of stabling who wants to have to stay an extra night.

7. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Mistress72, can you explain the difference in a Saturday or Sunday for country people? I am genuinely interested as I would think that a Sunday would nearly be easier as you have Saturday to get there and can go home straight after the show finishes... But I am not real country LOL

8. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

I got the entries as well, i havent been a member for about 2 years and still get their mail? ha
    Does look okay but, cheaper than the All Arabian at least..

9. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Is the program on their web site, if not could you please email me one. Actually i have paid my membership so should get one in the mail...... Derr*#)

I want to go and do the halter, and may be able to convince someone to do a dressage test on him if they want to...@):D

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  10. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

As a country person Sunday is not good for me and I prefer Saturdays. Much easier to float up Friday (and I have to wait until my OH finishes work) show the saturday and leave after we're all rested Sunday sometime but considering its a twilight show it means we'd have to drive back Monday which doesn't work out because my OH works and so does everyone else (baby sitters) which means I can't make this show.

I find the horses cope just fine with this and its much better to have the Sunday to rest before travelling then the Saturday to get to Perth. I drove home straight after a show once and poor King didn't cope to well with that but copes just fine with a days rest first.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  11. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Buggar Buggar Buggar!!!

I so want to show my hunter galloway at an arab show, he is registered arabian pony and has never made it to one arab show.

Oh well - im probably going to Darling Range will be cheaper too!

12. kyema

kyema New Member

The All Arabian is held on the same weekend each year, week end after the Aussie Champs!

This enables West Australian competitors to have the same judge as Eastern State competitors, there are not too many people here who can manage to show at the Aussies.

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Cheers, Arnie. You are still staying two nights regardless of what day though, aren't you?

What time do you get there on the Friday? 9pm? Not sure I would want to arrive at a show at that time, so I would need to take a day off (either Friday or Monday) either way :p I am glad I don't live country... not that I attend that many shows now.

14. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Whats the Aussies. :p
    I will be at the Arab show, want to keep supporting them otherwise we will loose them and that would be just terrible.....hurry up postie i want a program lol:D

15. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Yep, All Arabian and State Champs are on the same weekend every year. So it is more other shows choosing to hold THEIR competitions on the same day.

I am guessing that the change of date for the Trilogy was for a particular reason, although it is a pity that is clashes with a Showhorse Championship event. Doesn't bother me since Diva won't be ridden in competition until after July anyway *#) I do find it classic that both the Trilogy and Bibs N Booties had a change of date this year - and they are on the same weekend again!

16. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

Australian Champs ..i think?

17. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Lucky for me Mirawee I have amazing friends :D. King is in Perth waiting for me at his breeders, he went there on Sunday but was meant to go threeish weeks ago and attend the Youngstock aswell but we had car problems lol.

18. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

can anyone scan their programme to me?? :)

19. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

If i was living country, i would prefer a sunday show. Travel down Saturday morning let the horse/s recoupe after the trip, then all fresh for the show Sunday. Its usually all finished by mid afternoon load up and head home.
    JMO

20. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

Wether it is on the same weekend every year or not, in my eyes is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is it has fallen on the same date as a VERY big show and WAAHA as a result have suffered in reduced entries.

I know the reason for this date but surely it could be changed and have All Arabian week before national show, just takes a little bit of planning.