Arabian States 7th & 8th Nov

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Kaisi, Sep 29, 2009.

1. mum of five

mum of five Well-known Member

Ok Iam excited now......lol
    Mali has been professionally clipped this am and wow he looks a million bucks, cant believe a clip makes such a difference just to the overall look, and he is more a lovely smokey grey then PINK!.....lol
    He will also be shown unplaited;) so have clipped his bridle path a little longer, now he almost looks like a show horse.
    I just cant wait for Beks and her family to see him. I would like to say a really big thankyou to her and the family as I believe their handling of him a foal and the way he was educated by them has made such a difference to the Mali I know today for example i was so proud of him today he stood for 3 hrs having a whole body clip, ears, face the works and didnt require any sedation nothing, in fact her fell asleep for most of it, the lady clipping couldnt believe how good he was, you guys rock thats for sure. I hope you are proud of him Sat:))

2. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Yay Mo5 :) Good thing he didn't need to be sedated as they DO swab at this show :)

3. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

well mia is all ready apart from plaits which adam is doing on saturday and then she will be off to go into foal:)*

4. Rambo

Rambo New Member

MO5 you have to also thank Mali's awesome mum Itchy for him being like that!!! He was born such a peaceful little guy and has stayed that way ever since :)* He never had an excitable bone in his body!! (in a good way! *#)) she produces wonderful babies as I hope you have seen her new colt in the breeding thread :D:D

I already know they are proud of him and you and I bet they cant wait to see you both saturday!!

Regards,
    Stacey

5. Karijini

Karijini Well-known Member

Awww thanks VPM! I'm quietly shi$!!ng myself bout the ridden at this point, it's going to be a disaster but hey, I've paid the entry fee and have an awesome instructor and support crew that will be there so we may as well have a go at it.

Good luck to all the purebreds on Sat - only 2 more sleeps!
    And we will see our fellow derivatives on Sunday - only 3 sleeps EEEEEEKKK! :eek:

6. mum of five

mum of five Well-known Member

Yep stacey you are right, she is a lovely lovely mare, I reckon his dad must be a pretty nice horse too. I think Itchy has the same relaxed persona as Mali, and clipped I think he looks ,more like her cause of that smokey grey.
    I have seen her new colt he is stunning, I met the sire and I thought he was a lovely boy too.

7. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

You have NO idea how I relate to this...
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

8. beks

beks Well-known Member

MO5 take a deep breath, I say that but I still get nervous after 20 years, so good luck with staying calm, hehehe.
    Im so looking forward to seeing Mali on Sat, he will do you proud with his laid back personality. Of which you also must take some credit, horses react from how we treat them, you two have a great relationship which can only blossom , cant wait to see you guys under saddle.
    Beks:))

9. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

Don't worry - you'll do great Karijini. The more you worry, the more Obe will worry, so just relax and enjoy it :)

10. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

i am not where near ready. juggling getting two horses ready and a mare deciding if she wants to foal or not......think saturday night is going to be hell if this mare decides she wants to pop.

11. manocaaron

manocaaron Well-known Member

Mum of five :- He will also be shown unplaited so have clipped his bridle path a little longer, now he almost looks like a show horse.

I thought all geldings had to be plaited?? Does it depend on the show??

12. kelly

kelly Well-known Member

good luck to everyone getting ready for today**) will be there watching tomorrowand then there on sunday:)

13. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

No it is not compulsary , it is optional.:D

14. manocaaron

manocaaron Well-known Member

Aaahh, thanks OBHH, I havent shown my old gelding for quite a few years and am considering taking him to an ag show soon, His mane is long and I like it like that so dont really want to pull and plait if I dont have to!
    I will be watching tomorrow so will take note of the presentation of geldings.:)

15. Spellbound

Spellbound New Member

Well unfortunately Levi wont be coming to the State Champs this year as he is still very sore and is on bute.

Good Luck to everyone thats going :)

16. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

Oh that's no good! He is certainly a lovely horse! Hope he gets better soon. :)

17. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

Really? I was looking forward to meeting him, hope he gets better soon!

18. princeton

princeton Well-known Member

Not long to go now.....
    Team Princeton are going down for a play at the SEC this afternoon :)

19. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

ok as i have come in on the last page...wat is on tomorrow & wat time does it start???

20. Oakey Dokey

Oakey Dokey Active Member

MEEEE 2... im crapping myself for all of it!