Arab state champs results in here!!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by hutchi, Nov 8, 2008.

1. amandasmith

amandasmith Well-known Member

How rude! ;)

Mirawee is right. Her dam was a pally part bred arab and her father Trakhener. Apparently to be registered Arabian Warmblood they have to only have arab and WB breeding. Kym has something else in her (from her dam's side) giving her the colour which eliminates her from Arab WB registration (or at least this is how I understand it). It makes it rather difficulat to explain her breeding - I had a number of people ask me on the weekend what her breeding was - the easiest response - she's "almost" Arab WB.

2. amandasmith

amandasmith Well-known Member

It doesn't really bother me whether she is partbred or arab WB as the only shows where they are separated are the All Arab and State Champs. Taking one of Andhi's little sayings - she's my "Pedigree mutt"

3. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Very Proud Janet the judge made some lovely comments to Keeley and was
    amazed at how well she handled him for a 12 y/o.
    Amazing how a quick lesson and pep talk from Chrissy before she went in the ring made such a difference.:D
    Party is going on holidays now for 3 months to a lovely property where they will look after him like their own;)

4. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Actually Sassy, Diva is currently registered Partbred Arabian but she is now eligible to be changed to Arabian Warmblood :D

Her father was originally only Warmblook ID with the AWHA but now he is registered into the Studbook of the AWSHA LOL. So even though she has stockhorse/QH in her she is eligible for AWB :)*

Another pedigree mutt :D

5. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

Thank you to the committee for a fantastic show! It was my first Arab show and I really enjoyed it.

6. Shakhaan

Shakhaan Well-known Member

Wow, what a long weekend! Congratulations to everyone, echoing Tami's comments, standard of presentation was high, there were many many lovely horses :)*

Firstly I must thank Beth, your help on Saturday was priceless.... as were the jokes ;) Snip went into the ring looking fantastic thanks to you, I couldn't have been more proud. While he wasn't to the liking of the judge, his list of admirers has steadily grown, it was great having him out in public again. The other purebred I had there was a lil yearling filly, owned and bred by a lovely friend of mine, and she came home with a Finalist sash out of a class of 8 or 9. She really blew me away, first show, only known me for 3 weeks, got everything thrown at her during her limited preparation, yet took it all in her stride, trotted well and stood to attention during her entire class! A real testament to her sire's temperament, who she's definately inherited!! Had some wonderful feedback about her from the judge, had she been a little "bigger" in condition (a whole other story), she'd have left the ring with a different coloured sash.

Sunday was pretty full on.... I didn't feel like I left the SEC all weekend(7 hours sleep in 48, am I mad?), after being there till well after midnight on Saturday, plaiting up *#), and back in the morning just after 7am..... glutton for punishment, I am, lol. Congratulations must go to the owners of all the stunning horses and ponies I showed, Kellie, Carls, Danielle, Kylie and Kelly... they are all a real credit to their owners :))

And, the weekend ended on a high, with a phone call after midnight from Mirawee saying that Snip was a dad again, his first daughter hitting the ground... will be off for a visit shortly, camera in hand!

Ciao. Kiley.

7. Torquata

Torquata New Member

Thanks WAAHA for a very well run show:)*. We had a great show with our small team this year, firstly our stallion Mozart ERA was awarded Champion, Fairview Ibn Estasan was awarded Champion and our amazing little broodmare Nepeeze was awarded Res. Champ Ridden Mare and a finalist position in the very large Show Horse Class. Thanks to all my team members for making it a stress free day, the horses went out looking beautifull. Big thanks to Paul Hedges for flying over and handling the boys and to the talented young rider Tim Colegate for training and riding Nepeeze to her success.:)) We look forward to the All Arabian Show.

8. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Mirrawee/Amandasmith :)*
    I find it unusual that she is accepted by the WB but not with AHSA as an AWB, in most cases (clearly not all :D) if the WB assoc accept it then all AHSA need to do is find the arab - thats why most AWB have very miminal arab blood, usually from an anglo way back (same with ARP's!).
    Not that I have any issues with "Partbred"! was just a curious question!

Mirrawee, alot of partbreds can be upgraded now that the new breeds and guidelines have changed, but what I meant was you can only get partbred reg from a partbred reg ;)

Anywho, back on track! :D

9. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

I'v never been so tired in my life =[

But here are our results. iv never been happier! i cried in a few classes!! haha

firstly my boy Arabika Linkoln, Purebred gelding 11yo.
    4th Classic trot male
    Res Champ shown by a novice in hand
    Res Champ shown by a novice ridden
    Finalist Pleasure Hack
    Finalist hunter
    Finalist Bridlepath hack
    Res Champ Native Costume
    Res Champ Show Costume

Stardale Glamoraas - purebred grey yearling filly for sale i love =]
    2nd Classic trot female
    2nd Classic head female
    Res Champ Yearling filly (i thiiink, dont quote me i dont hav the results on me)

Stardale Infamaas - purebred chestnut yearling colt STUNNERR!!! (for sale too)
    State Champ yearling colt
    1st Classic head male

COULDNT BE HAPPIER!!
    oooh and, not sure if anybody noticed lol but surely did.. our colt was the one who won his classes, but didnt walk or trot just kicked and reared, he actually kicked me in the arm, shoulder and head in the arena. he was being nasty coz his chain became too tight on his chin. i cried lots coz it hurt and still hurts sooo badly! big bruises to prove it lol. but anyway my point is, very proud of madraas (his sire) because this colt didnt do anythin nearly as nice at the others and still won!!

welldone party!! welldone jemma!! welldone chloe!! and everybody else =]

10. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

thanks lea, congrates to u and ur mum on ur results. think ur mum was going to slap me, cause i kept telling her to do a work out when she was picking up poo in the arena... :D

whats it with you and getting injured lea.... last time it was wrist as well :p

11. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

No Kiley, Thankyou, ;)

you were great!!, thankyou for doing such a great job with my 2, i did feel bad though when you didnt leave mine till 9pm, then still ahd to go all the way back up to the SEC to plait up 2 more, and didnt get home until 1 or something, then back up there at 7!! crazy woman, :)) next time ill have a few cold drinks waiting for you,

also Congrats on Snippy's filly, she looks lovely,

forgot to add, that Snip looked awesome out there on Saturday

12. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Any time mate! Was my pleasure!! He looked fabulous!! I still can't get over how amazing his tail looked!!!

13. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

Congrats Suga :)

Were you handing out the ribbons on Sunday in the ridden classes?

14. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

haha yep =] how'd you know =] i was hopeless i couldnt remember the workouts that the judge told me lol

15. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

I think I remembered your face from other arab shows.
    Well done with Linkoln, you did very well :)

Haha don't worry I couldn't remember the workouts either!! :confused:

16. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

Snippy always looks a million dollars :) love him, if you have any pics of him from the weekend Kiley can you bring them to the lesson Wed so i can have a looksie

17. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

YAYAYAYAY KATH!!!! congrats hun! so proud of you guys. He has always been a spunky man! just proved it again! lol any piccies yet?

18. JPH

JPH New Member

Wow, what an amazing weekend! My first show with the Torquata team and what a fabulous beginning. Mozart ERA started the day by adding another Championship to his already impressive record. The timing couldn't have been better for me with our lovely Mozart colt born just one week ago, and his dad still undefeated!
    My young stallion Estasan was next, he showed his socks off for brilliant showman Paul Hedges and brought home his second Champion sash for us. Again the timing was great with his first foals due to start hitting the ground in a few weeks. A huge thank you to Kathi for a flawless last minute clip job and finishing touches on Estasan while I was sleep deprived and dealing with foal dramas, without you he would never have made it!
    And finally the lovely Nepeeze, 13 year old broodmare dragged from the paddock with just four weeks of correct saddle work under Tim Colegate exceeded alll our expectations to take Reserve Champion Ridden Mare.

A huge thank you to the rest of the team and to all who helped out. Special thanks to Bawtry for helping put the final touches on the boys. And thanks to the WAAHA committee for a well run and pleasurable event. Can't wait for the next one, with some new faces appearing on the team...

19. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

Congrats! Mozart is stunning!! It was a very tough class as well, there were some very nice stallions :)

20. bawtry

bawtry Well-known Member

No probs JPH, anytime!! :) :) Nice to finally meet you and put a face to the name. Like I said, so impressed with how the boys have developed and grown up!! :) :) And stoked for you guys with the results, well deserved and big pats and carrots from me!!! :D :D