Arab State Champs Results and Pics

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Ren, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Paddys girl

Paddys girl Well-known Member

Just came into this thread to look at some pretty arab pics and just wanted to say thankyou swampcreature for posting this. I was one of those little girls for many many years and now I've been taking it all a little bit for granted. Ta for the reminder.

2. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

finally have some pics of my boy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and finally
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to Tsarbrina for the pics :)

3. Raw Prawn

Raw Prawn Well-known Member

SSAPH - you obviously didnt read the post that I was *liking*. It was referring to how the derivatives are the ones out there flying the flag for arabian horses everywhere competing in hacking, dressage, eventing, EVERYTHING. Your comments are unwarranted and untrue.

There are a group of extremely true to type derivatives out there who are amazing horses. I still stick to my personal opinion that the AVERAGE quality isnt that great....... by no stretch of the imagination does this mean Im saying that there arent some seriously high quality horses out there!! Of course there are some quality horses!

People need to actually read others posts properly before jumping on the defensive!!!

4. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Not into Arabs, so just going to write my opinion of what I've read in this thread.

Raw Prawn your comments reflect very badly on the derivatives in WA. Whether talking about the general population or your own horse (and you weren't at states that day were you ';'), you are degrading the West Australian breeders and Owners to the many viewers of this forum, whether they be Interstate or International. Comments from a West Australian, about West Australian horses being inferior can sway prospective breeders and buyers. No wonder people are getting narky!

This is not a personal attack....just saying how the comments have come across to me #(

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  5. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Does anyone know the name of this chestnut?

6. Jadelise

Jadelise Well-known Member

Highfield O'Phellea

7. Cassy Horse

Gosh it's a spitting image of a Bevanlee pony my friend used to own looking at that photo (possibly just a little larger!)

8. Raw Prawn

So because my opinion isnt the same as everyone elses, Im not allowed to have an opinion??

The reason I have this opinion is because every jo bloe out there seems to think their horse is worth breeding from. Im talking the backyard breeder types, not people who actually have a good understanding of their breed and are out competing successfully (ie many of the people on this forum). There are so many individuals like this who are breeding "because they can" and not breeding for quality, true to type horses. They breed because they have an emotional attachment to their mare not because she is a quality animal who deserves to be bred from. Unfortunately this is resulting in a decrease in the overall quality of breeds (not just Arabs - this is happening with other breeds as well - Arabs just happen to be high in overall numbers). The people who actually have an understanding of what constitutes a quality horse and what they are trying to achieve with breeding him/her are breeding stunning animals, which as everyone has correctly stated, hold their own anywhere in Australia.

If people want to take this as me saying that all the derivatives in this state are useless hunks of horse meat then so be it. Its not what Im saying though and have stated that many times..... done with this conversation :}

9. Jadelise

Well it looks like her! I could be wrong though she does look small but i thought that was the camera angle :)

10. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Wow from results to backyard breeding. Take it else where Rawprawn.

11. kelly

kelly Well-known Member

yeah thas my girl Highfield O'Phellea she's 14.3H :) Fun size!!

12. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Ditto Arnie and Wattle. RP don't think you'll be able to justify your first (deleted) statement with the last.

Your boy is looking great Ren and has matured very well.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  13. Jadelise

The smaller the funner!! :p

14. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Kelly your girl looked awesome under saddle, you must be so thrilled how she went.

15. Raw Prawn

If you guys choose to be completely closed minded then thats your problem. Learn to read posts then you might not get so worked up all the time.... Life is too short to get stressed about a difference of opinion **)

Dont forget D your little nasty post got deleted too..... at least Im not throwing around personal attacks *#)

16. mod 6

mod 6 Moderator

Right Just about had enough!
    Final Warning Back on track or it goes :(

Those involved know the rules and need to abide by them #(

17. Cassy Horse

Sprite looked just like that front on picture back in her hey-day (10+ years ago) but I would think unless she had the anti ageing serum we all wish for probably not so much anymore! A bit of a blast from the past moment haha.

Lovely horse and good size!:D

18. SO TRUE LINNYBEAR!!!

Its just a ribbon...AS IF.....i dont spend thousands of dollars every year to lose!!

Though I had a fun fun fun time at this event like every year..I always think they do a great job :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  19. kelly

kelly Well-known Member

Thanks Dollar i am so wrapped with her couldnt be happier :)

20. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

kelly I too thought your girl looked absolutely awsome on the Sunday ! **)**)
    if only I had my float there :p

Cheers
    Lee