Arab State Champs Results and Pics

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Ren, Nov 6, 2010.

1. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

Will there be a full results posted on the WAAHA website?

2. You are right, there is nothing wrong with wanting to show off your hard earned achievement and a champion sash does that admirably, being proud of the achievement is what it is all about, not the prizes we get for it. Think of all those less fortunate than you who stand on the edge of the ring with stars in their eyes at your champion sash - they would give anything to have one. We don't need anything more, organisers have enough on their plates securing good judges, arranging the venue, rings, stabling, volunteer rosters and so the list goes on...
    Maybe next time you are at a show and you see the young girl with stars in her eyes at the side of the ring you will stop and say hello and let her pat your horse, that is a true reward.

3. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

not a truer word ever said swampcreature, my hats off to you. **)

I remember being on the side lines as a 10 year old, with stars in my eyes at the Arabian horses at the Royal Show.

I now have no room left on my walls- but thats been over 30 years of showing Horses. ;)

Cheers
    Lee

4. Good on you citygirl, great to see that some of us are quietly living the dream! Nothing like a little age to give us some perspective though is there?

5. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Very true :) Best show I've been to to-date was Warren Ag Show where kids were able to come up and pet our ponies afterwards. Having a well-behaved pony who allows this petting is also a huge reward (as well as his Champion Sash for me :p).

6. Good one wattle6180, that's what I call a true champion, a horse who is confirmational correct, true to breed and a temperament that you want to pass on and on. **)

7. Linnybear

Linnybear Well-known Member

Well said OurHoney ;)

It takes weeks of hard work getting these beautiful creatures looking just that, BEAUTIFUL ;) And it takes just as much work getting a derivative ready as a purebred and they deserve the same rewards. The entry fees are exactly the same so......

Last year my wonderful friends won their first ever State Champion with a horse that they have had since 5 months old. They have shown him since a yearling and they were so excited to finally win this most prestigeous award and can YOU imagine their disappointment to find out that the format for the derivatives had changed :( so NO DUST COLLECTOR! I had a plaque printed and gave them one that I had won :))

Nobody enters a show to lose no matter what people say :}

8. cruise 99

cruise 99 Active Member

Well swampcreature if we should all be happy about wining a sash, why cant the ppl showing purebreds receive the same, and have their classes cut, combined and then miss out on a plaque like we do on derivative day.. Oh and have them still pay the same fees, since we dont get ours reduced

There are far more derivatives out there flying the flag for the arabian breed than purebreds yet they are the ones that miss out

Its the same excuse each yr, lack of entires and the cost to have the plaques go to waste if there are no entries,.. well how about getting the plaques without putting a year on them that way you can use them at the next show..

Its not hard to type a few extra lines on a program or pack a few boxes in a cupboard for the following year.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  9. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

FGS !! Another thread for Show results- turning into people winging again about theyre not happy with this..theyre not happy with that ! #(

Take it up with the Show Organisers people !!....not on here !! :mad:#(

Lee

10. Spellbound

Spellbound New Member

For all of the organisers time and effort spent on preparing everything thing for this show i though it was fantastic. My boy and i were very successful and i am thankfull for only sashes as i can look at the hanging up on my wall :) Also i have the pleasure of having those titles i won for a whole year that is more then enough prizes for me :)

Every prize won i think of as a bonus but as long as my pony performs well regardless of whether he does well or not i am always very happy with him for never letting me down.

11. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

I agree with a bit from everyones post, but Lee these forums are there for people to be heard I guess whether others like it or not ?????

We've all started at whatever level, most of us from pony club days and we've all had those dreams and sparkles in our eyes. To alot of people the sashes mean the world but to others they can earn a sash at any show (don't forget this is a Chamionships Show, not just any all breeds show) and the plaques mean more, and to others its a point of if the purebreds get it why shouldn't the derivatives when they pay the same entry money, so either way hopefully the committee members will see these posts and consider it for next year or I think their numbers are going to dwindle more, at the end of the day it is an expensive show to enter for not a lot of reward sometimes, which is the same for any show these days they are all dropping in numbers. I personally don't care too much about the sashes or the plaques just love seeing my babies doing well. Having them up there at the top of the line is what makes me happy and if they come home with a State Championship Result then that is a bonus. But I do believe it should be the same across the board for the purebreds and derivatives, then there will be nothing to whinge about.

I think the WAAHA AGM is early in the year so how about some Derivative people get onboard and have their say where it will hopefully count, a couple of determined people can make a difference ?

12. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

well said dollar

**)

Cheers
    Lee

13. Raw Prawn

Raw Prawn Well-known Member

*Like* ..........

14. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

The thing people seem to be forgetting is that the derivatives are split into registries.

What would people prefer...

1) Split into registries but only the overall senior and youngstock for each register get a plaque.

2) Combine all the registries and have the exact same programme as the purebreds based on age with a plaque for each class.

3) Only have 3yr and under and 4yr and over for each register with each class to get a plaque.

Given that when I have competed you are lucky to get as many horses and usually get less per class in the derivative classes as the purebreds I can understand why the committee have decided to do it the way they have. And I like it this way as it means if you are in a class of one horse then you still get to go up against the other class for overall Ch of Ch to at least have some competition.

But then maybe I am in the minority in that I prefer to come second and beat someone much better than win when my horse is the only one judged?

Oh and if you want changes maybe you should go on committee ;)

15. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Or sponsor the prizes that you wish to see in the Ring?? :p

16. erilyn

erilyn Well-known Member

Perhaps people might also like to consider the organising committee and volunteers available when they ask for more classes and/or trophies/plaques.
    If no-one is prepared to help on the day, and leave it to a select few to do all the work, then it seems only fair to cut classes.
    I also noticed in the show schedule that many of the plaques were sponsored by the same people. One stud sponsored 9 plaques.
    Personally, I thought it was wonderful to get home by 4.30pm on both days, rather than 8.30pm, like a previous show.
    If you are genually concerned about classes being cut or combined, or trophies not being available, maybe people should put their hands up to give a bit of help, sponsor a class or even just write a letter to the WAAHA to express your concerns. If they don't know there's a problem, they can't fix it.

17. Linnybear

Linnybear Well-known Member

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to WAAHA on a very well run show **)
    Apart from a couple of horses missed off the program (mistakes always happen) it all seemed to run very smoothly!

18. erilyn

erilyn Well-known Member

Well said Linnybear. I thought it was an amazing show.
    You and T did a fantastic job and all your ribbons AND PLAQUES were well earned and deserved.
    Same goes for everyone - a great weekend.

19. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

Oh dear here we go again... Raw Prawn you just need to look at the WAAHA site to see the number of derivatives that took home major prizes in hack classes at this years royal.
    As breeders of 2 extremely successful derivatives, bred,born, raised and educated in WA, both who have competed on the east coast successfully, your comments are unwarranted & untrue.
    On top of that I would seriously doubt that people in the east who buy derivatives from WA, would be doing so of the quality was poor like you have previously mentioned.

20. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

RAR RAR

Seems to be same crap different day.

My opinon is...... put it writing and tell the committee, stand up at the agm and put ur ideas forward. Nothing is going to happen till then. Or even better get on the committee.

Sick of seeing the same arguement every year or every show nearly!!

I had a great weekend and it topped off a great week, the last thing i want to read is they should do this, they should do that.... well if you really think so, do something about it.