Arab state champs :d

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Showtiime, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Thankyou! He placed 3rd in the Stallion 4-6 class so not bad at all really :)

2. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

There were quite a few scratchings in the purebreds. There were only 4 younger stallions I think. And the order they were called is not necessarily the order they were placed in although often was with the first finalist called being 3rd place. In some classes where everyone was sashed (ie trot and head) the finalists were definitely in no particular order :)

3. You've only listed results from 25 classes there :p :)

4. manocaaron

manocaaron Well-known Member

6 were entered with one scratched, so 5 in the class. there were two finalist places given.

5. Eventer4Ever

Hey manocaaron,
    Can someone kindly explain to mum and I how the whole 'finalist' thing works? We are way out of date with the arab shows haha

So do they award to 3rd place and then the rest are given finalist placings or...?

6. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

from what I saw...Champ and res and then x amount of finalists depending on how many entries. Their is no 3rd and finalists are not in order of preference. Not sure on how many entries to how many finalists though. I know not all entries in quality head /trot were awarded as finalists on saturday

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  7. kelly

kelly Well-known Member

Wow what a long weekend but had so much fun and such a great run show big congrats to the committee and organises such a fantasic job!!

I took Remaani Lodge Iced Gold (kylie has put some pics up of the little spunky dude)

He got
    finalist in male trot and head. Just done them for the experiance but omg did he trot out amzing so pleased with him.
    and then ended up with State champion Junior Partbred!! :D Against lovely babies all of them in that class i could of takn home am so proud of the guy he just blows me away with the results he gets everytime we go out i forget hes not even 1 yet!!

I also took my gorgeous girl Highfield Ophellea (Ruby) she is the light of my life such an amazing girl just love her to bits and her results are:

State Champ Partbred mare 4yr and ova
    State champ Deriv shown by an Amateur
    State champion ridden partbed mare
    State champion Bridle path hack ridden by an amateur
    State champion show hunter ridden by an amateur
    Res state champ Bridle path Hack
    Res state champ Amateur owner rider
    Finalist show Hunter
    Finalist arab deriv mare
    finalist in her Dressage 6th out of 13 i think only our 2nd test eva and first in that arena (pot plants are extremely scary by the way) haha

So as u can see we did AMAZING!! Am the proudest mummy in the world!! Also like to thank Lucy for being my helper all weekend and Chris Lamber for not only being the best trainer and instructor but a great friend as well. Also sarah and Steve Muco for doing such an amazing job showing and helping me out whenever i need it!! Am still on cloud 9 today and my gorgeous girl is now on a well deserved spell till next year :) Congrats to everyone on all your results was some really outstanding horses there this weekend and in each class were some really amzing competition which just makes the results so much better!! Will try put some pics up soon :))

8. Eventer4Ever

Thank Elanda!

I see how it works now!

We weren't actually there, we are just going off what we heard from the owner about him placing third. Haha

Even so, it doesnt really matter to us, as you can probably tell, we breed for endurance not show ;) :p our big bulky crabbets would look funny against all the Egyptians in the ring! :p

9. erilyn

erilyn Well-known Member

There is a formula for the number of finalist ribbons given. It is based on the Australian Champs formula, but a little bit more generous to account for our 'regional' status - and it depends on the number of entries, not on the number that show up in the class.

We also made sure that all of our youth competitors got at least one finalist ribbon, so all the competitors in the youth handler class and the rider classes - (where the handler or rider were being judged, not the horse) regardless of the number of competitors.

Thanks to one of our wonderful sponsors - our Junior Judges and Young adult judges got a gorgeous chocolate bouquet of Chuppachups, with enough left over to give the youth that hung in there til the very end (even though the ponies were just about asleep) a lollipop or two.

10. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Mirawee, not all the competitors were sashed in Head and Trot on the Saturday :) I've been thinking about that for the last two days...because I was wondering how a horse gets State Champion in it's class (large class btw) and then not even get sashed Finalist in trot AND head ';' I'm never going to understand Judges, am I? :eek:

11. kelly

kelly Well-known Member

My girl Highfield Ophellea
    Pic by sharron veccia
    [​IMG]
    Pic taken by Liz shaw
    [​IMG]

Lookn pretty for dressage
    [​IMG]

Spunky boy Remaani lodge iced gold
    [​IMG]

Our winning for the day not the best pic of my phone
    [​IMG]

Sorry if there huge photobucket keeps freezing so though I'd just put them up anyway as we all love pics :)

12. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

probably because they were judged by different judges:)...and their is more to a horse than its head and trot ;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  13. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

We had such a fun weekend, it was great to catch up with everyone again :))
    It was a long weekend, but the timetable made it much easier - a big thumbs up to WAAHA who did a great job :)*
    I must say a big thanks to Mel at Magic Browbands - it was great to catch up again and well done with Fanty! And of course Paula at Hishine, Jadelise, Sarah and Steve Muco and everyone else who helped all weekend.

Pembrooke Park Princeton's and my results were:

• State Champion Anglo Gelding 4+
    • State Champion Ridden Anglo Gelding
    • State Champion Derivative Ridden by AO
    • State Champion Derivative Prelim Dressage
    • State Champion Derivative Novice Dresaage (=1st)
    • Overall State Champion Derivative Dressage Horse
    • State Champion AO Rider 18-25yrs
    • State Champion Adult Judging
    • Res State Champ AO Bridle Path Hack

Congratulations to everyone for their results. There were some lovely horses there :)

14. nag

nag Well-known Member

no prob for the pics kelly, i think she stunning with that bling, and ssph i took couple pics saturday of costume which one was urs

15. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

Damn missed some *#) have updated them now... also could not count was 38 classes we entered horses in.

In the end our horses placed in 29 of the 31 classes that they contested. We withdrew from 7 classes as we felt the horses had had enough by that stage (so had the riders)

16. SSAPH

SSAPH Well-known Member

If it was in the native costume then the cream one, on grey horse, if it was the evening class the green costume :)*

17. Hayley

Hayley Well-known Member

Wow sarah king looks magnificent, huge congratulations :D

I am going up to visit his bub on the weekend at vix's, very excited :)

18. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Well done everyone!!
    Some fantastic results here :)

19. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

Here are some pictures of Princeton's and Folklore's friendship
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some others
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Wattle, I specifically said purebreds ;) I was stewarding so know what was given out. There were a lot of scratchings in quite a few classes. I can only remember 3 or 4 stallions in the younger senior class but it was a long day LOL