Arab state champs :d

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Showtiime, Oct 21, 2011.

1. nag

nag Well-known Member

i went for looksie, took couple pics was nice to meet kylie her ponies look fab

2. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

I'm home and very pleased with Fanty Boy. He took the experience in his stride and was very well behaved for his first big show and first time indoors. My aim today was to come along, and have him behave and enjoy the experience, and that we did!

I was thrilled he placed in all 3 of his classes, finalist in his gelding class, classic trot, and classic head.

Thanks Nikiwink and Beth for your help this morning, and AAH for showing him in his trot and head classes (I showed him in his gelding class then handed him to AAH to put her fast legs on for the trot class...)

A couple of pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

You forgot to post results Magic!! :D

I was mostly happy with Nova today :)

Very happy with her first class... she behaved like a star and took out State Champion Female Quality Trot! Out of a big class with some very nice movers as well.

Was also a finalist in Female Quality head which we only did for the experience of standing still in a large class :)

Then she was a PITA for her Anglo Filly 2&3yo class although ended up being the only one competing so was still awarded State Champion 2&3yo Anglo filly :)

She is now in the paddock getting soaked. Although weather at the show had been great :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Congrats on your results Magic and Mirawee. :)) (Although Magic, could you eleborate a little more on your placings please ;) )
    Have to say that Fanty has come up a treat Magic after the problems and setbacks he's had. Looks like he's well and truly back on track now ! **)

5. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

Thanks Zaza, yes he doesn't look half bad now! Thanks for noticing :)

OK more details are wanted....

Finalist in partbred gelding 4 and over, which I was happy with considering the competition were all extremely nice horses...

Finalist in arabian derivative male quality trot, called out as the third finalist in a class of 18ish.

Finalist in arabian derivative male quality trot, called out as the fifth finalist in a class of 18ish.

I'm happy!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  6. stormie

stormie Well-known Member

Torridon Hero
    Top 10 Classic Head
    Top 10 Classic Trot
    Reserve State Champion Yearling Arabian Pony

congrates on everyones results

7. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Well done guys, Mirrawee I saw Nova in the head & trot classes, well done!
    I had a great time at the show, went down Friday and camped the night, I realise last week that i really should have gotten my girls feet trimmed closer to the show, not used to the sand around here! And my chances of getting a farrier at that point were mute so I was prepared to take my chances with crappy toes, but when I arrived & spotted a farrier trimming feet and thought I would try my luck :D the farrier ended up being pro-handler Sean Chapman, so a massive thanks to him for the last minute fix, quickest and neatest farrier job I have seen in quite a while **) thanks heaps!
    Huge thanks also to Bethy for her awesome plait job, Kazz rubbed half her mane out over the last few months and there really wasn't much to work with, but Beth being the miracle worker that she is pulled off the most perfect fake plaits ever :)*
    And of course a huge thank you Anthony Geyteman who did a great job showing Kazz in her Arabian Pony Mare 4yrs and over and Derivative Mare Quality Trot class.
    I took her in the Quality Head class myself, and we came home with Finalist placing in all 3 classes entered :)

Was great to catch up with alot of people and I really miss the Arab show scene, has been 5yrs since I competed at the states :eek: lol

No pics yet tho!

8. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

OMG Mel!!! Fanty looks AWESOME! You have done such a great job with him **) Massive congrats on your results! **)
    Congrats to everyone else as well :))

9. nag

nag Well-known Member

stormie ur little one so cute i was talking to you before you went in i had the camera took couples of pic and sassy was glad to meet you i hope those pics kazz came thru the e-mail

10. Lily

Lily Well-known Member

Thanks Gaia. :D I am so happy with him!

11. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

stormie you should be so proud of little Hero!! He looked sooooo good today, and his trot in Quality Trot was amazing!!! I had no doubt at all that he'd make the finalists list!!

What a great day and some gorgeously cool weather!! Beautiful horses and presentation!! LOVED it :D

Can't wait for the rest of the Stockies to reveal their results!!

12. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

What are the purebred results? Champion colt and stallion I'm most interested in!

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Purebred halter is on tomorrow Sherridin. The only classes they had today were dressage and a few of the miscellaneous ridden classes :)

14. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

What a great show!! Brayside Shakira won State Champion Arabian Riding Pony Mare 4 years and over - I was so happy as this is the 4th year in a row she has won this prestigious event!! (and she has just turned 4 ):)):))

Huge thanks to alll the hard work that the WAHAA Committe have done to run a fantastic show!!! **)

Thanks to judges, all the helpers and of course the sponsors!!:)

Thanks to Brayside Stud for their sponsorship of my win :))

Congratulations to all the other winners, there were certainly some beautiful horses there today!!!**)

15. sherridin

sherridin Well-known Member

ohhhh ok! :p

16. stormie

stormie Well-known Member

thankyou, i just wish i could keep up. He might only be 11 3/4hh but he can certainally move fast. Its easier to keep up with my 16hh mare

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  17. Ren

Ren Well-known Member

congrats to everyone that went and Thanks to WAAHA and sponsors for the show :) my results for Shangrala Standing Ovation are State Champion part bred gelding, Reserve state champ Trot and Finalist for head class. Both head and trot class had approx 18 horses so was happy for 3 classes for 3 placings :) had my camera for pics so not that great but here goes hehehe
    Blitzen waiting
    [​IMG]
    Sorry camera made it too dark
    [​IMG]
    and State Champion Part Bred gelding over 4yrs
    [​IMG]

18. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Congrats Ren! After seeing the pics I think I did actually see you around the grounds but didn't realise it was you!!

I got the pics, thank you Nag!! Some to share:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see the pro pics from indoors too!

19. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

Well one day down for me!

My first and last class were with Talquah Zillionaire.
    First finalist in Arabian Derivative shown by a youth
    Reserve champ derivtive youth hunter

I also showed Fantom in 2 classes for Mel (magic), which was great fun!

20. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Congrats everyone. There was heaps of lovely horses and ponies there today.
    I had a rather busy time, ended up plaiting 6 horses, plus doing a few extra tail plaits/quartermarks etc.

Congratulations to all of my Nags To Riches clients. From what I saw everyone either won or placed in their classes (must have been the plaits :D :D ).

Magic... you should be super proud of Fanta Pants. He was such a good boy and took it all in his stride :)