Appy Colours & Pics

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by naj, Jul 9, 2008.

1. smash

smash Well-known Member

my gosh belambi, harry has grown so much since i last saw him.
    i cant remember him having those black spots on his body LOL (i think he had a rug on) lol
    i cant WAIT to see him out again.
    when are you taking him out again??
    cheers

2. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

oooh id love a appy (keep them pics coming)
    but for some reason my OH laughs at the thought of a spotted horse (very wierd LOL)

3. belambi

belambi Active Member

Thanks ..

The black leopard spots are a new development..sort of appeared in the last year. Very interesting indeed for the researchers who are trying to isolate the various coloured genes..out of over 7000 samples they have so far, he is the only non white based leopard they have found!?.. he is dna tested to be
    Aa,Ee,Crcr.. which means he can throw ...Black,Brown,bay,chestnut,palomino,buckskin,smokey black..(and obviously cremello and perlino with all the diluted mares.) + of course all the various appaloosa patterns.. What a mix!

4. smash

smash Well-known Member

bloody hell,
    i was sure he did not have them when i last saw him LOL
    and then after i posted i noticed your video link, so i watched it, and there he was at the show we were at with no black spots LOL LOL
    boy it is amazing to get back those results, he is certainly going to be a super stallion, and boy what a combination he could throw.
    it will be very exciting to see what colours he throws indeed, bit like christmas every breeding season LOL LOL LOL
    you must pop up one day, as we live just up the road a bit from you now LOL LOL would love to catch up
    cheers

5. belambi

belambi Active Member

6. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

Here are my most recent of Chickie, she is spotted, but unfortunately cant be registered as she is heavy bred.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. belambi

belambi Active Member

updated pic

[​IMG]

8. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

My old appy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. lorradaux

lorradaux New Member

Hey is absolutely stunning Belambi. What an impressive young stallion he is.

10. Tain

Tain Well-known Member

I have no idea from one month to the next what Loki's solid color is, lol!

-could be buckskin.... could be liver??!! He has a dorsal stripe some times, lol!?

-could be washed out sweet potato color...??:p :D

[​IMG]

:))

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  11. intendeli

intendeli Well-known Member

washed out sweet potato colour!! hahaa funny ....

i reckon he kinda livery :) and veryyyy cute!

12. Tain

Tain Well-known Member

Lol! this pic's cuter.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  13. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

gorgeous appys!!!

im a big fan of the appaloosa esp the leopard ones :D hubby on the other hand cant stand them (i rekn hes silly pmsl!!!)

14. intendeli

intendeli Well-known Member

yep S WAY CUTER :) who is that big black horse :)

15. Rebecca

Rebecca New Member

Gotta love the appys:)*
    This is my boy Dollar - buckskin with blanket and spots:p

[​IMG]

16. PPH

PPH Guest

Are any of you Appaloosa lover interested in pics of some of the stallions available in the late 1970's. I have some AWB magazines and there are more appy's than qh's or paints in them, many of them imported. I was unsure if I should put them up as they take a while to scan and download but if theres a few of you then I'll do it.

Cheers BM

17. belambi

belambi Active Member

18. Wrangler Miss

Wrangler Miss Well-known Member

Very impressive Belambi :)

19. sandalwoodpark

sandalwoodpark Active Member

hi where is dollar now he was originally mine he was a lovely big boy did you know he is harness broken