ANZAC Day Breed Show -Results and Photos

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Kaisi, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Leeara Park

Leeara Park Active Member

Hi Everyone,

We took two of our babies. Lp First Edition & LP Royal Petite.

Lilly (Royal Petite) won Champion Riding Pony Mare/Filly & Champion Show Pony Mare/Filly.

Leo won Champion Riding Pony Gelding and Champion Part Welsh Gelding.

Lilly ended up beating her very successful older and more mature brother for Supreme Riding Pony. We were very pleased with both of them.

They were impeccabily behaved all day.

Huge thanks to the sponsor of Supreme Riding Pony, Thorne Park Stud for the lovely bib. Will definitely be used. :) Its very much appreciated.

Congrats to all the winners.

2. westie2009

westie2009 Active Member

Thank you Fiestymama! He's certainly into his horses! (too much for his own good sometimes hehe!) He was out like alight by 7:30, poor boy & I'm sure wizzy was glad to be back in his stable!!:)
    When did you guys get home & when & where is your next show?:)*

3. Dizzy_8

Dizzy_8 Well-known Member

we got home around 7:30 on monday night, next show we are unsure of letting ellie be a horsde for a while;p

4. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

oh ok? haha mm not sure i can remember, did u hav the 3yo stallion/colt?

5. Karijini

Karijini Well-known Member

No I had the bay arabian w/blood gelding, around 15 hands. LOL there were so many people there so you may not remember :D

6. Serenity

Serenity Well-known Member

Congratulations LP - you have beautiful ponies **)

7. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

haha oh k sorry lol. yea i was surprised to get placings with the numbers

8. Charisn123

Charisn123 New Member

High Points Horse and Pony

As the Ridden results were still coming in just as Show was finishing - Points are being collated by our Secretary ans Treasurer as we speak!

As soon as I hear back from them re; winners of Hi points Horse and Pony, I will be putting announcement on stockyard + in West Equaetrian Notices (then SOMEHOW arranging to get Garland and lovely trophies and Prizes to the winners!!!)

I agree with suggestions for improvement - it was our first ever effort - my 8 y/o daughter also missed all her Led-in classes with her Part Bred Arab "Ekolle Crystal Fire", as she was in Ring 2 then Ring 7 with her ARP pony.

Cerftainly the layout of the Rings was not at all as it was intended re: Rings 6 & 7 as already explained. But nobody from Committee rang me to ask when they were setting up and as you can see by my map in the Program - it really wsn't THAT hard to work out!

About directions to the grounds - blame the SEC for THAT one!!!!! They changed the route to get to our grounds at the VERY last minute and there WERE signs (just not where you would have expected them based on original plan!!!) I got email re: change of route to get to our grounds the DAY before the Show!!!

Anyway........ thanks for the positive comments of thanks and support, thanks also for the constructive criticism - I could add a few more improvements of my own!!!! (and believe me - the improvements mentioned were already noted by me at the Show!!!)

IF we do it again - it will be an even BETTER day than we had for our first attempt.

Good night all - still exhausted! :))

Love
    Charis

9. FjordFan

FjordFan New Member

Its all very proper in the show ring here, some judges can be very picky! Tweed is generally worn for all inhand classes but local shows are fine if you turn up in a show jacket.

I'm currently living in the north east of England but originally from Bunbury.

10. FjordFan

FjordFan New Member

LOL, its certainly a lot different from the strictness of the UK county shows! I shall look forward to exploring further when I move back in a few years. I wonder shall I try Aus style or stay traditional??? :D

11. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

Yes it is very very different but just as strict in many ways.Its just a totally different way to what we would be used to seeing/showing like.
    I guess its up to you at the end of the day but I personally am not used to 'dressing up' as if I were going to a wedding:p(or funeral in many cases!!) and am quite happy with looking smart and traditional albeit abit boring.Its what I am used to because I am English.If I were Australian then I might not think any differently as I'd be non the wiser!!
    Although I often wonder where exactly this fashion has come from...........You should see how perfectly turned out the Dressage horses look then even for little prelims and Novice tests..It is a real eye opener thats for sure.I usually have a chuckle to myself I have to say:p

12. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

who me? nervous? ...nah.......must be mistaken ! ahahaha ok ok ...i am a nervous wreck!

13. Charisn123

Charisn123 New Member

HI Points Results In!!!

Hi Points Results are in - see separate thread!!

Will also be put in West Australian Equestrian Notices tomorrow.

Please contact me to arrange for a convenient way to get Garland, Rug, GORGEOUS trophy + Prize to you

Congratulations!!!!

Thanks to all our WONDERFUL Sponsors!
    :))

14. InkibahD

InkibahD Well-known Member

well done sounds like a success, sorry charisn, i was apparently the only one assigned to help setup that actually turned up and i was just doing as i was told lol, i never even seen a map i assumed the ones telling me knew how it was suppose to be. so apologies if things werent set up how you planned. :)

well done again it was a mamoth effort on your behalf :) :) :) :)

15. Charisn123

Charisn123 New Member

Inkibah WELL DONE!!

No problems at all!!!! Thank goodness for you being there then!

We all did VERY well - if u never even SAW the Map in the Program then I take my "hat off to you" - set up was great re: ring size etc. and we have learned for next time.

Thank you for turning up to Set Up!!!! :)*

Feedback has been HUGELY positive and only a couple of "whinges" which we will learn from for next time if we do it again.

Thanks again for ur help!!!! ;)

16. funkymonkey

funkymonkey New Member

Well done everyone, it was a great show!!**)

17. Charisn123

Charisn123 New Member

Thanks funkymonkey (what a great user name!!!!)

:))