ANZAC Day Breed Show -Results and Photos

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Kaisi, Apr 26, 2009.

1. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

good i think
    and howz r widdle mr wizzy

2. westie2009

westie2009 Active Member

He's good, Pammis feeding him for me this morn so I can get extra washing done ! Always sooo much cleaning to do after a show!!:(

3. westie2009

westie2009 Active Member

It sure did! My son had a terrific day & made some new friends!
    Well done Abes mum, you guys had a huge day too! Shanny & Shelley do a fantastic job dont they!:)*

4. Charisn123

Charisn123 New Member

To everyone re: the Rings and layout

Hi all........although it was good for fitness!!!!! and certainly great because there was shade, I would like to say SORRY to all those who may have missed some Classes due to the distance we had to walk from Rings 1-5 over to 6 & 7. As you can see from my Map on the Program this was NOT how the Rings were supposed to be laid out. My plan was to use the GATE b/w Ring 5 and outside area and lead directly to Other 2 Rings and warm Up area!!!!!

I wasn't there when the Club set up the afternoon b/4 the Show as I had to help get my daughter's 2 Ponies ready for the Show and take them down that night (as NO WAY would we have made it early enough to help at Registration in the morning otherwise). I did ring Committee members and also asked them to call me on my mobile if they had any questions/queries - thought my MAP was quite self explanatory :(

When I got there in the morning it was already all set up that way and no chance to change it! SORRY......won't happen that way again! **)

5. croft

croft Well-known Member

My little Appy mini got 3 3rds and 2 champs . I was very happy with that , but my pinto boy did not get to do any of his classes :mad:
    I was disappointed with a few things at this show and will be writing an official complaint.
    1, Directions to grounds as stated on program were wrong.
    2, It was stated there would be signs directing you to grounds, Wrong.
    3, Could not hear any announcements about what classes were in what rings over the p.a.
    4, Distance between rings 1 and 7 you need a cut lunch and water bag to get to.
    Due to numbers 4 and 5 i along with many others mist out on classes that we had paid for. When you travel for over 2 hours to get to a show these things to not make for a good day.#(

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  6. westie2009

westie2009 Active Member

As this was the first show that the organizers have run there was bound to be a few mistakes, at least they will know for next year! All in all I thought it was a great show! Well done everyone!!:)*

7. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

A friend of mine had the only purebred fresian there, and they had a great day.

8. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Hang on hold your horses, pardon the pun. There were 3 Walers there, granted one mare missed the class but there were still 3 of us. Unfortunatly most are down in Margs so had ANZAC parade duty on the Saturday.

Oh CMSporthorses, I saw you when I went to register but you were on the phone, when I turned around you had vanished. Otherwise I would have said hello too.:p

9. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

It was Lexie's first show with her paint yearling filly. Her results were
    1st Youth Handler
    1st Best Presented (I was a little shocked with this as Coda is fluffy and covered in scabs atm)
    1st Paint mare filly any age (only one in class)

Champion Paint. She was stoked with her results, as was I as she was so nervous (she kept tripping over herself when the judge was around as she was so nervous poor girl).

Lexie was in the same ring as Hannah and Baldy and I must say that you both looked great! I have some photos but left my camera at home so will have to upload them later!

10. Reigate

Reigate Well-known Member

Charis - I take my hat off to you - you were flat strap all day!!!! Every time I turned around you were running from one ring to the next and had a lineup of people wanting to ask you questions - how you didnt fall in a heap and curl into the foetal position I dont know!!!

A couple of people said hello to me and I HAD to go and sit right there and then or I was going to go splat, and had a splitting headache and my back was in that much pain I felt like I was going to keel over at any second and throw up with it all..... so if I seemed a bit 'cold' to anyone who said a quick hello - that was why!!!

After I had a chance to sit and have a drink and some lunch (after the SOS) I got a bit more 'human' again............

Having said that though, if you do it again Charis, and I am heading that way and you guys were happy with me, I would gladly come again!!! :)

Great effort mate............. and remember to BREATHE!!!!!! lol

11. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

hear hear cm , charis you wer fantastic well done [​IMG]

12. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

well done everybody.. i must have seen a few of you without knowing haha.
    I was with my mum and my purebred arab gelding (big grey boy) Link did really well in halter and hacking.. he got:

(purebred arab halter classes)
    3rd - Handler over 18yrs (was a big class so im happy)
    2nd - Purebred Gelding over 4yrs
    Res Champ Purebred Arabian

Ridden he got
    1st - purebred geldings
    Champion Ridden Arabian =]
    2nd - Rider 18 to 21 years

Competed in supreme ridden hack but didnt win (cutest little pony did!! was so nice to see a pony win rather than a big hack, as i have only ever seen them take home supreme)

i think that was all..
    i was in such a good mood, ready to do the jumping and hunter course.. (had been practicing for weeks) he flew over the practice jump several times.. got into the jumping ring and got eliminated at the first jump!! haha refusal after refusal.. so the judge came and helped me get him over the practice one a few times again and that was the end of the day for me unfortunately..!!

congrats everybody on great results! we too missed a few classes, but owell its all part of the horsey world, well run for a first show!! **)

13. Abes Mum

Abes Mum New Member

Me again
    Does any one know who won hi point pony and horse. We had to pack and leave - Poor abe was ready to curl up in the float along with handler and rider Shanny

14. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

was abe in w/t/c ring?

if so , he's an absolute stunner!! lovely boy to watch!!:)

15. Abes Mum

Abes Mum New Member

Yup that was my bubby - He has done outstanding considering this was his second time ridden in show. and we didnt get a chance to really warm up with getting caught up in the excitement of SOS thanks for the compliments Midas

16. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

I was waiting to do my ridden , and was watching him !! very special little pony u have there !!

17. Abes Mum

Abes Mum New Member

thank you. he is going to be sold at the end of the year.i bought him as a break and sell ( was only supposed to keep him for n3-4months according to hubby) BUT then i met shelly and he done so well in first few months showing in hand and breaking in we thought we wait another year. :)*

18. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

oh you can't sell him!! he's so lovely !!

Hmmm don't tempt me into buying another horse haha

19. Karijini

Karijini Well-known Member

LOL I think you did! I had the little bay and was next to you when we got placed in the handler class? Geez your boy can move! Your poor legs were going a million miles an hour to keep up with him!!!

Congrats on your results :)*

20. Fiestymama08

Fiestymama08 Well-known Member

Hehehehehe yeah it was a shame we didn't get the chance to meet, but I'm glad that Mich got to meet both you and Callum.**) Man he certainly knows his stuff and he certainly deserved to do as well as he did, his pony is awesome, no doubt he was exausted by the end of it though.:)*