Anzac breed show wowwwww

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by liver bird, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Charisn123

Charisn123 New Member

Done :)

Done Lin...show is on most sites...have I missed one? Did have program up on another then deleted it due to pending amendments/corrections that I need to make.

Cheers
    Charis :)

2. oh yeh that's right traded. I think B is going to breed a nice 25% for me as my 4 year project. Anzac is super he has turned into a gem. Yes will be doing working hunter

3. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I can't wait for this show, get to catch up with 1 of my 2006 foals whom will be attending!!
    Haven't seen him since he was weaned than at a show at around 10mths old!

**)

4. Lucy11

Lucy11 Active Member

Oh how exciting! Heidi is 25% and I am so wrapt with her! B's stallion Nugget passes down the best temprements, if your thinking of going down that path.

Hey remanii, do you know what happened to Peppers foal. She was grey and white last time I saw her. I did a bit of work with her for Clare when she was just a baby, but I believe she sold her on. Very nice filly.

5. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I have no idea i'm afraid, though i am looking, lol!! :)*
    Actually i'm trying to find out how Pepper's 1st bub Zayhn is doing too!! (she's chest/white)
    Chase (grey/white) was sold down south apparently to a PC home (& apparently doing PC as a 2yo, that's what i was told) but couldn't find out anything.
    I'd love to know how all my foals are doing... the boy that will be at this show is a 1/2 brother to Chase, he's not yet 3 & 15.2 & a bit hh already, dunno where the height came from, lol (mum was 16hh but threw small foals & Mali was only 13.3/14hh)! **)

6. mini magic

mini magic Active Member

This show looks great! **) And on my doorstep :D I'll be there with bells on too!!

7. lucas and brad

lucas and brad Well-known Member

Are the welsh section C's and D's combined?

8. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Well it was confirmed today, Molly won't be there. She has knicked the deep digital flexor tendon and has a 5 or 6 month recovery time :( Will just take Paddy.

9. F's rav dancer

F's rav dancer New Member

What is his breeding?? is he a gold/deep brownish buckskin..... my mum has a buckskin/bay kind of fw mare..she was at the gala showcase however i think she may actually be a dun as she has a dorsal stripe....

10. westie2009

westie2009 Active Member

What a bummer Kimaley, hope your molly makes a full recovery !:(

11. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks Westie2009. We have one of the safest horse set ups here and yet she still managed to hurt herself. She looked like she was recovering well until they dropped the amount of painkillers and she went very sore again so they ultrasounded today. Oh well, means I miss most of the shows I wanted to take her to this year but at least she did it now while she is a yearling and not later once she gets going under saddle! Just hope it heals well and doesn't restrict her movement is the main concern at the moment.

Even at the vet today she had rubbed on the fence and got a large splinter in her chest, had to local it and cut it open a bit to get it all out! She is in the wars!

12. tumbletoots

tumbletoots New Member

i know how you feel. We have double post and rail with cyclone mesh and one of our little foals ended up breaking his neck on the fencing.
    sometimes i think if i put them in barbed wire they would not hurt themselves as much

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Oh tumbletoots, I am lucky I still have mine with me, we weren't so sure we would for a while there.

I agree, some horses live in barbed wire and never have a problem!

14. samm

samm Gold Member

Wrap them in cotton wool and they'd choke on it.
    Hope Molly gets better soon .

15. Webby

Webby Well-known Member

Accidents happen,
    I had horribe year last year, lost one to a heart attack in middle of paddock, lost one to a fractured hock in middle of paddock, and another one fractured his pelvis. 3 different spelling properties, 3 different injuries, noone anywhere near a fence (all were in large ringlock paddocks with standouts).
    And yes that cotton wool is bloody dangerous.

Hope Molly gets better soon.

As for the ANZAC show will take something no doubt just not sure what yet.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  16. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

can someone point me in the right direction for entry forms please!!:)*

17. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

So true Samm! Oh Webby, you had a terrible year! At least mine are all still here to tell the story.

18. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Charis, what's the story with the Waler Class? Have you been sponsored? How many Walers have you got going? Not sure if it's worth going if I'd be the only Waler in the class LOL.:p

19. Charisn123

Charisn123 New Member

Email me & I'll send you one :)

If you email me at cneumann@ifap.asn.au or charis@ieml.net I can send you some. Program still to have some minor adjustments & sponsors details to be added for some - but you will have enough to enter.

FINAL online early next week :)

Cheers
    Charis

20. Charisn123

Charisn123 New Member

Wlaers will be there

Hi Marianne - you certainly won't be the only Waler there. Although many will be in the country somewhere for an ANZAC Exhibition (where eludes me right now but I was told) Jeanette Norman from the WHSA of Australia wil be there with a couple and the Waler Horse Society will have a Display stand with some Walers on exhibit.

Given the ANZAC Memorial nature of the Show + 10th Light Horse Brigade coming - it would be fantastic for as many Walers to be there as possible! :D

Waler Society will put together a little "bag of goodies" and I am donating a Saddlecloth which we can probably have the WHSA insignia put on - but no sponsorship as yet for the whole breed in terms of $$$ for Rosettes, Sashes etc.

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Charis:))