Anyone know this horse?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by skiddlez, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

Well I must say this is one way to make sure the racing section gets the hits to keep it open (not that it was being closed lol)

Sva I dont know the what the deal is with the past and I really dont want to get involved. If you must get this horse have it checked out as the horse did 'hang' out a bit when he did race. It can be a pretty common thing stuff like teeth, pain? and horses having one side slightly more built than the other, or even out in the poll. Just in general have him checked.

2. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

Well OG's OH wants the Gelding and well bear is no longer mine.. the owner has him back.... nothing more to say.

3. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Ok........ at 18 I had been living in Perth by myself for two years while my parents were still in Esperance - at 17 I attempted to agist my galloway plus pay my rent and I had a full time job which was paying reasonable for a 17 year old kid...... Prior to that I had only ever been on the dole for 1 week..... I got three jobs over a period of a week and I had no experience other than working at the stables when I first moved up to Perth...... so I dont sit on my backside, I never have....... I have worked 7 days a week for as long as I can recall, even 5-6 days right up to having my kids

At 17 I had to make a responsible decision....... luckily at 17 I was extremely responsible...... but alot of my personal circumstances made me that way and my upbringing...... I realised I could not afford a horse "properly" and pay my way....... therefore the galloway was sold...... I had 12 years off riding until I was in a much better financial place

I am not saying have 12 years off but fix you so you can fix your situation

I have tried nice - I have tried in your face - but it would appear nothing works in trying to get through your head or Sara's why I am concerned.... rather than you and your merry supporters calling me a b**** or saying I am b****ing which I do not appreciate on this forum given none of you have taken into account the FULL STORY or THE BIG PICTURE here, why dont you listen and take it as words of wisdom...... I am too young to yet be considered wise but at least my 31 years creates a slight amount of experience in my world

Sara you have said after each horse financially you cannot do this...... and you will concentrate on you....... You will never better yourself in this way until you take the time to do this....... Sure on the dole you can afford to keep a horse but your 18 years old and battling..... To ensure financial security you would need a horse which had no problems or issues who stayed in condition off the sniff of a biscuit of hay, in perfect health and that will remain in perfect health

You have asked for help, and so many people offer advice and so many times you have just ignored and things have gone pear shaped...... go back and read some of your posts over time........ try to learn..... this is the real world and how it is looking off a forum it doesnt look good for the future ahead of you kid

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. Ozzies_Girl

Ozzies_Girl Well-known Member

This is just silly now, you've let Sarah know you think she's doing the wrong thing several times over now.

**edit**
    So you're assuming I am a regular teenager with no money? I moved out of home when I was 15 and got my first full time job, I've worked ever since, I've never been on the dole or received centerlink, I've supported my own horses with my own money. I worked up untill being 3 months pregnant, when my partner told me he wanted me to be a stay at home mum, from which point on, he's supported me and I've kept him fed, clean the house, look after our daughter and make dinner every night. At this point, we also sold both our horses because we knew we wouldn't have enough time to dedicate to them. **edit** We have a minimum weekly income of $1500. We own our own house, three cars and are completely financially stable. Not everyone is a typicall teenager.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  5. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Forget it #( #(
    I never called anyone typical but I get what I expect a teenager turning my words #(

6. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

well I wonder of for the afternoon and look what I missed, my corner is now crowded, can you lot please clean up your Tim tam and pop corn packets, and those used tissues, JB, come one mate, move over you lot and let me back in.

The booky lost money on sva staying of the forum.

I see that NONE of the advice has sunk in.

Just a whole lot of butt covering, ducking and diving.

7. Ozzies_Girl

" I see that NONE of the advice has sunk in."

Your advice was that the horse isn't suitable for Sarah, now the horse isn't going to Sarah so how is that not taking your advice?

8. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

If my advise was listened to then this post would have been over 3 pages ago, peer pressure is what has had an effect here.

Remember I am the one you told to.....................sit in a corner, clearly my advice was not appreciated. :)*

9. Ozzies_Girl

Well when people start making digs at me and my partner over this, naturally thats the time I'm going change my mind. If I got Sarah to sign a lease agreement saying she had to feed him hard feed every day, get him immediate vet attention, shoe him every 4 weeks and have at least one lesson a month where would the harm be? It would have taught her the responsibilty of horsemanship on a horse I know is safe -enough-. Instead everyone sticks their nose where it doesn't belong, completely change the thread topic and do nothing but bitch and complain without knowing the full story. You have all told sarah on other posts prior to this what you think of her so why bring it up again? Sorry, but how can you not realize thats unfair?

10. megan

megan Well-known Member

OG,
    just to let you know i think you and your O/h not letting sara have that horse is great. I think its hard not too mix things like this with mates.
    He is a extreamly lovely boy and will make a lovey horse. ( and where is the updated bub pics )

good luck with this horse, i cant wait to see him in the flesh. You are only trying to help a horse in need but sara was not the answer.

sarah you need to find yourself GET A JOB and grow up before a animal is brang into this again. As hard as it is letting horses go til you can afford them is the best idea. I have done it more than once and I now i have my lovely boy who is my Love and passion and i will try to never sell him he is like a child too me. BUT i loose alot of time to see him as i work full time to pay for him. and i have a gorgess agistment person who looks after him like her own.

I hope bear finds a real home that can get him back on track.

11. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

I kinda see what you are saying.

BUT then SVA shouldn't of posted this thread asking for history, when in actual fact, she has it.. also that she is contradicting herself by leasing Bear to someone because she can't afford it etc, and then this thread implying she is getting another one.

12. Elise

Elise Well-known Member

Exactly, it's just another attention seeking post by sva666 which has led to another massive argument.

*headdesk*

13. megan

megan Well-known Member

maybe we all need to never answer these posts. then she will stop making them

14. mod 2

mod 2 Moderator

Good idea.
    Now can we leave this alone?

15. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

You know what, I am rapidly coming down with something viral, So I will summarize.

The consensus is that Sara even supervised is not fit to own or lease any horse. The consensus is that you and your OH where unwise and nieve to suggest leasing so much as a saddle blanket to Sarah.

The horse that you have saved might be "nice" to know, but it is allready very underweight and high maintenance, not to mention one of the straightest shoulders I have seen to date.

I know that sarah started this thread not you, but you have been quick to have your say, sarah has a proven track record of not being factual and not looking after her horses, and not being capable oh handeling a "quiet" OTTTB allready.

For God sake OG, call me all the names you like, right me off as a pain in the butt, means little to me, seems you have seen the light and have decided to NOT lease the horse to Sarah, congrads to you.

But DO NOT come here sooking that people are sticking their nose in YOUR business when it was sarah that made your business public, and those of us the truely DO CARE has "interfered", acting in the best interest of horse and humans...........one day I pray you will understand.

Then again, I am just sarcastic and clearly need to find another corner for bothering to care in the first place.

16. mod 2

mod 2 Moderator

Ho Hum................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.