Anyone know this horse?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by skiddlez, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzies_Girl

Ozzies_Girl Well-known Member

And no, we weren't playing 'rescues' with the horses. The trainer was getting rid of 8 horses this week, we knew these ones were quiet decent horses with plenty of potential. I am all for dogging rubbish thoroughbreds, as harsh as it may seem.

2. Reg81

Reg81 Active Member

I also saw the last 'incident' that sarah had with bear, yes he was to green to go out, but the whole reason it couldn't be controlled was simply that bear is too strong of a horse for Sarah

Sorry but i gotta have my say. I knew Bear since he was a yearling and for all of his racing career, and I simply cannot understand how he could ever become uncontrollable!!! Never once did he ever display signs of been like that, he was the most placid lovely natured horse anyone could ever find.
    We used to put my bosses little nieces an nephews on him bareback and they used to ride him around or lead him up and down the road in Ascot, and this was Bear in full work as a race horse.

3. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

4. Ozzies_Girl

I didn't post it and Sarah didn't ask me, read carefully.

5. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

SO she is going to lease this horse off you, you know the trainer - why didn't you tell her its history?

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Wow, shows how responsible "people" are, passing a horse on when they must know its not really suitable????

Wonder why Bear's owner said it was a lease, maybe they realized the home he actually was in? Having regrets maybe?

Dunno...... i think reading the Save_Equus thread is a good idea girls. :( http://www.stockyard.net/vbulletin/...perienced-trends-equine-welfare-part-1-a.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  7. Ozzies_Girl

I really respect you for that comment, cheers brucey**)

8. Ozzies_Girl

Real nice remaani, have a go at my OH, despite the fact he's the one who doesnt want the horse to go to anyone. You have no right to make any comment what so ever about him, I'm sure everyone who knows him will vouch for his knowledge and experience. Comments like that on a public forum aren't fair

9. Remaani

Remaani Guest

So, do you think its responsible, to let someone that shows to not be strong enough, to lease a horse like that?
    My farrier wouldnt lease a horse out to someone that just couldnt cope with a OTTTB. ;)

10. Ozzies_Girl

And as i said previously, I was offered 8 horses, if I had a 'problem' I would have taken them all wouldnt I? We have no troubles affording to keep the horses and we both have succesfully retrained ottt's before. So before having digs at us, you should actually get to know us.

11. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Lol stress less..... no one is digging at no one, you'd know if i were. ;)

I just hope (like us all) SVA doesnt get hurt, i'm sure you'd agree too? :confused:

12. Ozzies_Girl

Like ive said before, he's been shoeing the horse in question for 2 years, we know the trainer, we know the horses temprement. He hasn't ran since November, the trainers wife rides him out and says he's a lovely quiet horse. I have enough brains not to give anyone a horse thats not suitable, hence the reason I only got the two horses, I knew for a FACT they were both unusually quiet

13. Ozzies_Girl

What because you edited your post so it makes it look like you never mentioned my OH?

14. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Yer, i said the same thing the day my bottle fed TB stallion was leaving WA, he was toooo quiet.
    Till he jumped clean out of the float & was a blithering mess.

Guess horses are just unpredictable huh? *#)

15. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Yep i said farrier & your name. ;)

16. Ozzies_Girl

All horses are unpredictable, not just TB's

17. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

OG how old are you?

18. Ozzies_Girl

I'm 18, 19 this year