Anyone have a comfrey plant?

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by kyles76, Mar 11, 2013.

1. kyles76

kyles76 Active Member

Hi just trying to get a cutting off someone so I can grow my own Comfrey. I can't get it sent from over east and I haven't been able to find it anywhere over here.

2. Painted

Painted Active Member

3. kyles76

kyles76 Active Member

Thanks but they don't ship to WA.

4. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Shaylee does. I'll point her to this thread :) I'm very converted myself after using it on my recent ankle injury!!

ETA: Shaylee says to Google aromabals, that they have it and are located in Perth (not sure if she means the City, or just WA)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  5. Angimac

Angimac Well-known Member

Kyles76 if you cannot get it from Shaylee the big hardware store chain and the nursery at Wanneroo markets sell Comfrey (and other herbs when in season) at certain times of the year.

6. kyles76

kyles76 Active Member

Thanks Wattle appreciate it :)

Amazing stuff isn't it, I was put onto it as a kid and always had some growing at home (NZ) so would love to have some on hand here. I've use the dried and pre-mixed oils, ointments etc but just prefer to make my own.

7. kyles76

kyles76 Active Member

Found a lady who grows it in Rockingham so looks like I'm sorted :). Thanks everyone.

8. kriskingwell

kriskingwell New Member

Also looking for comfrey in Perth or the hills

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering how you went getting comfrey and if you have any ideas of where I could get some? I'd love to find somewhere that could post it since I live in Toodyay...
    Kris

9. kyles76

kyles76 Active Member

I ended up getting mine from the local Big Hardware Chain :)

10. Priently

Priently New Member

Can comfrey be planted in the pasture? Will it be over grazed or can it compete with grass?

11. manocaaron

manocaaron Well-known Member

no it wouldn't survive in WA pasture. It needs water regularly. might survive under a tree or bush were it gets a little shade and more water though.

Grows well in dappled sunlight through summer.

My local hardware (in Gingin) gets the seedlings in all the time. I have two plants which grow brilliantly.

Ive made ointment and cream with it as well as cutting it up and adding to feeds too. (on occasion)

I grow it in tubs (actually the crates that Woolies bring your home deliveries in? they are great for growing herbs in too)