Anyone else on foal watch?

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by sil, Oct 28, 2010.

1. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

this is my only mare due.. S.P Evitah...pics taken today, I'm a bit worried about her, shes not due until the end of Jan '11 ??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cheers
    Lee

2. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

My mare Duchess, who was due 6th Jan presented me with a stunning Bay colt last night. All went well, colt is strong and healthy with 2 white socks at the back and a star and snip.

Has his dads lovely quiet nature and just the prettiest head....also has allot of leg and will be a reasonabley tall athletic gelding.... probably and awesome polo pony or campdrafter LOL. Although he will no doubt dressage and jump well also :)

Very happy with what Comanche puts on the ground :)

3. KC Quarter Horses

I have a mare due in late Feb with an udder heaps bigger than that Lee. She was in the stall next to Duchess and just filled up over night. She is out in a paddock by herself now, away from the foal

4. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Congrats KC :))
    Saw a couple of pics elsewhere :D but I think he deserves his own thread :p

Will put up one for my new arrival in the morning. Photobucket isn't being too co-operative at the moment :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
  5. Rivvy

Rivvy Active Member

My mare had a Cheval De Luxe filly born at 3.30 this afternoon, got everything on video, was just great, mare waxed up this morning and was very uncomfortable all day. Will post pics shortly.

6. KC Quarter Horses

Thanks ZaZa ..... I went looking for pics of your baby somewhere else but didnt see them there either LOL .....only pregnant mare photos :)

I am a bit excited to see you baby ....stunning I am sure.:)

I will put some photos up of Angus when I get a chance to get some decent ones with the camera rather than my phone. Too hard in the stall and he has only just gone out to the paddock :)

7. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

thanks for that, I'm glad I'm not the only one with strange mares **)

Huge congrats on your newbe !

Cheers
    Lee

8. Rivvy

Rivvy Active Member

Introducing the new cheval de luxe filly, still thinking of names, pretty sure that she is palomino.

[​IMG],[​IMG]

9. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Beautiful, beautiful markings Rivvy!!!! What a lovely baby**)

10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl Well-known Member

Gorgeous foal Rivvy, congratulations.

11. retroremedy

retroremedy Well-known Member

She is a beauty Rivvy!! Look at those perfect markings!! Congratulations :))

12. my4fillies

my4fillies Active Member

My girl is waxing and dripping milk today!!
    BUT it's over 40degrees! What is she thinking??
    She has stood under the hose twice already today and going back out soon to give her another hose down.
    Looks like I'm staying up tonight :D

13. sil

sil Gold Member

If you can in this heat, if she goes make sure there is a ton of shade and lots of cold water

14. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Hey Sil, my mare is due in approx 2-3 weeks unless she goes over....you or anyone got advice on looking after foals born in this kind of heat as I have never bred a foal this late in the year? Would it be better to lock them up in stable during day and let out at night??

Cheers.

15. my4fillies

my4fillies Active Member

Thanks for the advice Sil, very hard in this weather to keep them cool.

She foaled just minutes after I posted little b#*@h lol (I missed the birth!). She was closer than I thought! Never would've guessed she was about to deliver a foal, I hosed her and everything!

Well all is good anyway, they were in the sun but the ground was cool coz I'd hosed her there just 15 minutes before.

OMG I still can't believe she had it lol. It's a filly too :D:D:D:D

All is well and I'll start a new thread after dinner, feeding up, getting kids to bed, etc **)

16. Cav

Cav Gold Member

congrats my4fillies!!! :) does that mean u need to change ur nick to my5fillies? :) hahaha....post some pics when you can!!

17. 7notHeaven

7notHeaven Active Member

C'mon Fillies! I cant wait to see what she looks like! Good time to take some piccies now (sunset) and I'm impatient:p Will be watching till you've got there . . . so your kids might get fed and washed but mine are likely to be neglected JOKING. Name ideas, what colour is she now she is dry VERY EXCITING:D Well done:))

18. my4fillies

my4fillies Active Member

Lol ladies, patience! Pics are up in It's a filly thread. :)*