Anyone else on foal watch?

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by sil, Oct 28, 2010.

1. sil

sil Gold Member

Maybe a little Christmas present?

2. PPH

PPH Guest

could be :) I'll be up most nights doing the xmas thingy so should'nt be to bad and oh is now on holidays so we can tag team.

3. NADDY

NADDY New Member

Still nothing yet...and Belley doesn't look like she's in any hurry either.

The last two nights she hasn't set the alarm off, so the poor girl might be getting a bit uncomfortable. Mind you so would I if I had a gut as big as hers!!

She tried to have a bit of a race up to the yards with my other mare yesterday evening for dinner, but after half a dozen strides realised it was a lost cause and just went back to ambling along. That poor baby inside...what a shock to the system!! :D

4. my4fillies

my4fillies Active Member

Well I think it's almost time for foal watch here. Enya is bagging up more each day and her tummy is so big and round. Starting to watch for signs that it's getting closer, today she has milk spots on her udder, not sure if this is an indication of how much longer she has to go though.

She's due on Jan 4th, so is 320 days today (pics are from today)

I'm so excited about this baby but VERY nervous too as this mare is very special to us and I really want everything to go smoothly. Both parents are Welsh A.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

Good luck my4fillies

6. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

I am on the final leg (pardon the pun!!) with our last foaly due in just a few days (20th dec).
    This will be another Grisham baby out of beautiful maiden mare Czara (TB by Czardas)
    I am very excitied about this foal as Czara is a family favourite

This foal will be going to the Swan Valley as an Event prospect later on

7. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Best of luck my4fillies - look forward to foal pics when she pops! :)

I still have 2 due, 1 Small Horse & a Mini Pony.

Small Horse (35") was bought in foal 8th April this yr, i've not been given an exact date but told she ran with the stallion early February to when she arrived - so it's anyone's guess!
    Hate it like that, not knowing LOL.
    She's a Silver? Pinto with Palouse characteristics & in foal to a Palouse. Spot's aren't my thing so bub is pre-sold if a Palouse filly. ;)

Next in due March, Palomino 33" Mini Pony mare, in foal to the amazing Lindan MG Sirocco!!! YAY!
    She too was bought in foal. :)

8. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

About 2 1/2 weeks left for my girl (due 4th Jan).
    Her belly is dropping more by the day and she has developed quite an udder.
    I just hope when the time comes we're lucky enough to have some cooler weather, similar to what we've been getting lately. Sadly though it's unlikely :(

Good luck everybody. Looks forward to seeing some foalie pics before too much longer :))

9. PPH

PPH Guest

I see your mare is due the same day as my mare Primrosecourt. Wonder who's will pop first? lol:p

10. Rivvy

Rivvy Active Member

I too am waiting, due yesterday, full bag and teats now pointing outwards, shes dropped and waddling along, her back end is like jello. So will be up doing the checks , I do have a foaling alarm, shes not waxing yet.

11. sil

sil Gold Member

I would put the alarm on; soft back end is a much more reliable indicator than udder/wax

12. Rivvy

Rivvy Active Member

OK will do, my paddock is a bit far away for the alarm was out testing it at 10pm last night , so set my clock for 2am and went down last night just in case, but going out to buy a baby moniter today so will leave one end of it at the stables which does pick up from the paddock then its about 60m to the house and will leave it at the kitchen window !! Things we do !!

13. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

Our mare foaled a lovely black/brown colt late last night to Grisham.
    She was remarkably only a few minutes off foaling on her 'given' date too (20th)
    mare having a few issues with colt suckling (maiden !!) but he's had 3 lots of breakfast (given by me) and so up for a bit more persivering....

photos soon

14. Koolie

Koolie Active Member

any news on happypaint??!!

15. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

Congrats Primrose Court! Can't wait to see pics :)

I'm waiting for news/update from Happy Paint too Koolie **)

16. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Congrats Primrose. Look forward to seeing some pics. Well my foal watch is over before it even began . My mare delivered a beautiful little filly this morning and boy does this little girl have some bling ! Will put some pics up soon when I can get on a computer (using mobile for the moment).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
  17. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

LOL at the "ribs" :p*#):D she is a stunner ZaZa, now for a name mmmmmm????

18. justanothergirl

justanothergirl Well-known Member

Oooh congratulations ZaZa, pics are a must! :))

Quietly hoping my foal watch will begin sometime soon.

19. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

LOL Dam predictive text *#)
    Thought I'd managed to fix that before anyone saw it :D

As for names .... I have not the slightest idea. Suggestions ?

20. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

Congratulations Primrose and ZaZa for safe foalings can't wait for photos