Anyone else on foal watch?

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by sil, Oct 28, 2010.

1. sil

sil Gold Member

:) Not long now!

2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

We have wax... cow patty poops & a grumpier mare!!!! :)
    Here's hoping to a healthy foal tonight - but i'm not counting my chickens till they hatch! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2010
  3. Freestyle

Freestyle Well-known Member

I've got wax too! Yay for a weekend baby (hopefully!!)

4. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

Come on Remaani spill the beans!!! ppl want photos! :)

5. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

i say today or tomorrow remaani :)

6. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Got a foal - will start a thread in a tic!

7. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

Hooray!!! Foal has touched down!

8. Cav

Cav Gold Member

8-9 weeks to go..pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let my one and only brocky baby be a filly!!! her udder changed shape/size last night. very active foal, kicks the crap out of her!!! :) She dropped some condition this week so have pumped up her feed, foal must be taking it all!

Mum & Dad...their last kiss before he leaves for his new home....
    [​IMG]

Miss Molly
    [​IMG]

9. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

gooooood luck Cav!!!!

10. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Ebby's udder this morning :D The wax was only about 2mm long last night at 10pm...

[​IMG]

11. Mufasa

Mufasa Active Member

Yay wattle.Might be today.
    I am still waiting.
    Good luck hope it all goes well.

12. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

We are finally off foal watch :D:D:D

Ebby foaled at 10:05am. With both Mum (Wattle) and her OH out, my brother and i were the ones that got to watch. We got a beautiful BIG colt :D. He is gorgeous!
    Mum had to rush home from Gosnells to help me out, but hes up and walking around with his mummy now :D

Thanks out to Samm for giving us a hand to get him feeding :)*

Pics up later

13. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Woohoo ! Congrats Wattle and DQ :)) What a sensible and considerate time for your mare to foal.
    Look forward to seeing the pics.

14. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

i had just got out of bed and had a shower when i noticed her on the ground, walked over and there was fluid on the sand and then the sack started coming out so everyone one was called so we knew what to do

15. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

LOL. Really good that you were there.
    I'll be calling everyone I can think of when my girls time comes too! :p
    Congrats again :))

16. Cav

Cav Gold Member

OMG! Where did this stomach come from? Changing shape under also....eek:eek: approx 8 weeks to go omg cant believe the change in only a week and cant wait. Sorry for my over enthusiasm but I owned the stallion for 6 years and this is my first and will be my only foal from him and its been a long time coming! Also needed to share to take my mind off other things going on in my life that are not bringing me much happiness. I think it is fascinating how their body can change sooooo quickly in a few weeks! Sorry about the size of the pics, I still dont know how to resize!

Teats 24th November 2010
    [​IMG]

Teats 2nd December 2010
    [​IMG]

Tummy 2nd December 2010
    [​IMG]

17. NADDY

NADDY New Member

Well Belley has had her foal alarm on since Saturday. False alarms haven't been too bad...the most has been three in one night. This morning I woke up and it hadn't gone off...then panic sets in, only for the alarm to go off 5 mins later at 4.30am. Nah...just having a quick snooze before brekky!! We have had new sand put in the yards and I think she is really appreciating it.

Milk is yellow and syrupy and has been like that for a few days.

So I'll just keep waiting...at least the weather is cooler.

When I manage to figure out how to post photos I put one in!!! :D

18. sil

sil Gold Member

Fantastic can't wait to hear how it goes :)

When Scarlett got closer to foaling I found she stopped lying down flat out to sleep; the last few days before she went the milk changed and when the alarm went off it was down to business!

19. NADDY

NADDY New Member

Thanks for that Sil. I'm really petrified that it will all happen while I'm at work. I leave at 6 in the morning and sometimes I don't get home until quite late. Might have to give the alarm to my neighbour each day I think.

20. PPH

PPH Guest

One left to go now. Tbd mare Angel, in foal to Lynx little Commando, due December 20th. C'mon the filly.