Anitone?

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by serendipity, Apr 24, 2013.

1. serendipity

serendipity Well-known Member

Does anyone use it? What do you think of it?

2. Black Ice

Black Ice Well-known Member

Good question... I'd like to know too!

I've been asked if I'd like to buy some but would love to know if anyone has actually tried it and what they've thought of it?!

3. serendipity

I won a small bottle last year at the royal for my goats, I gave it to them firstly syringing regularly but then just in their water. They loved it and were nice and shiny on it.

I've since stopped giving it as its pricey and things were a bit tight, and can definitely see the difference.

I'm now wondering about getting it again as I'm not happy with the horse's coat condition nor the goats, but wondered what people thought about it for horses?

4. rbk

rbk Active Member

seen good results with this product. Makes them get more from the feed they are eating.

5. KKKiroo

KKKiroo Well-known Member

I met the vet who developed Anitone last weekend at a workshop and she blew me away with her knowledge and no-nonsense advice.
    I'm planning on trying it when finances improve.

6. KKKiroo

KKKiroo Well-known Member

Event Registration | The Forever Project

I went to their workshop at Gloucester Park and couldn't recommend it highly enough.

7. madison

madison Well-known Member

Anitone is brilliant the results in my horse are incredible, my itchy mare is no longer itchy and her coat is absolutely magnificent:))
    PS: I've known Jenny Ahmat for 21 years she used to do Acupuncture on my horse way back when

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  8. Jacky Y

Jacky Y New Member

Anitone

I have used it on a very old thoroughbred that was constantly scouring and he wouldn't keep weight on. Protexin helped for a while and then that no longer worked so I used Anitone and that stopped the scouring completely.

9. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

I believe Dr Jenni Ahmat created Anitone several years back. :}

10. info on archie

info on archie Well-known Member

That is correct :)
    I have also met Jenni and she is an absolutely lovely lady and full of knowledge. All of my horses get Anitone and have never looked better. ;) :)

11. Akubra

Akubra New Member

What is it exactly?

12. info on archie

info on archie Well-known Member

Not sure if I'm allowed to post a link but if you have a google you will find an information sheet. They also have a page on the unmentionable site. :)

13. madison

The short version. Its a fermented vitamin supplement that neutralizes the acid in the stomach, smells a bit like apple cider vinegar

14. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

We feed it to the calves at work. Whenever one looks a bit down or a poddy comes to us not looking the best we dose them up on Anitone.

Great stuff, just my back pocket doesn't like it :(

15. madison

I don't find it that expensive you only need 20ml per day per horse

16. Black Ice

Black Ice Well-known Member

I've been feeding 40ml per day per horse?? lol will be cutting that back!

Have been feeding for a few weeks now and am really seeing an improvement... both horses seemed a bit "dull" and coats didnt look too crash hot, but now, despite having their winter woolies on and not getting rugged they look all shiney and healthy :)*

17. madison

If you can afford it it's heaps cheaper to buy it by the 5 litre $77 compared to $23 for 1

18. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

Our stockists only carry it in 25l

That's a lot to fork out in one go

19. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

I think the recommendation is 20-40mls for horses over 300kg so for big horses 40ml wouldn't be too much :)

20. serendipity

Next time you are in perth theres a distributor in mardella who can get you the smaller sizes :)