Animal Attacks

Discussion in 'News Items' started by beccy, Jul 18, 2002.

1. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

there have been some attacks on horses in the hills area during the middle of the night. it looks like a couple of dogs rounding up horses and then biting them. We haven't seen the dogs, yet we have seen the evidence of sharp teeth marks right up to the bone of a horses leg and scratches near it. . The vet says he is getting a few cases lately of these attacks.

-bec-

2. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

What section of the hills?

~§Arnie§~

3. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

Near Noble Falls/Gidgegannup

-bec-

4. Darume

Darume Well-known Member

GREAT!!!... They wouldn't want to come here and terrorize my horses..hmmm..will have to keep a look out I think.. Thanks for that..*S*

~THERE ARE HORSE PEOPLE AND THEN THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO OWN HORSES~

5. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

Dont let them get Serry!

~To ride a horse is to borrow freedom...~

6. Darume

Darume Well-known Member

Don't you worry Jess they would have to get through me first!!!...LOL

7. JessiTrist

yay! aww :( lol i dont know whether to be happy bout that or sad, i think chesta could hold up a pretty good fight, remember how he used to boss tristan around? lol

8. Darume

Darume Well-known Member

I sure do Jess.. He has tried it on Serry but it didn't work so he does it to Patches now.. And of course Patched just lets him...LOL

9. JessiTrist

HEHEHE Patches is the wise oldie, chesta is the little bully and serry is the leader, lol

10. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

last year- around that area, a farmer had lost one of his sheep in the late afternoon, so he put it well hidden in the bush, so he could burry it first thing in the morning.... but expected foxes to pick at it any way.
    well the next morning he came out there and the sheep had dissapeared. no drag marks, wool, left overs absolutely nothing
    and nearly every one out the back of gidge area has had a 'bizar' wild animal thing happen recently.

-bec-

11. JessiTrist

Wow! Sounds bad... glad tristan isn't there any more [no affence mere!]

12. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Remember that girl who she was riding her horse and 2 dogs rounded her horse into a dam (the horse was so scared the girl lost control) as the horse was galloping to the dam the girl fell. The dogs then cornered the horse into a really muddy area where it couldn't get away. They then attacked the horse leaving HUGE Gashes out its rump ect. The rider got up and tried to defend the horse and ended up needing I think it was 13 stitches because the dogs turned on her too...how scarey...

~§Arnie§~

13. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

luckily both the horse and the girl came out of that allright, after a lot of care and love and attention.

was not nice at the time tho.

p.

14. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

yeh...my friend saw her the other day and she sed you can hardly even notice the horses scars...Apparently the owners saw the whole thing...didn't do anything to help the horse but as soon as the girl was attacked they ran down and helped!...HOW RUDE!...

~§Arnie§~

15. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I cant believe people think it is ok to let their dogs attack horses, let alone when the person who owns the horse is there.
    did the owners of the dog get charged?

16. Tam

Tam Well-known Member

Just lucky that Melita and her horse were okay after that. There are a few roads around that same area that I won't ride down cos there are too many loose dogs

17. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I'm not sure what happened to the dogs. If I owned a dog for say 12yrs and it attacked anyone like that I'd personally shoot it myself. Might sound cruel but once a dog tastes blood that it they won't stop hurting / killing. Kill 1 life save many more...

~§Arnie§~

18. JessiTrist

Wow! Iy really does sound horrible! I am scared of dogs, have been since i was bitten by one a few years ago. When I took Tristan for a ride he was pretty good, we got onto the center part of Lennard street and i was looking at this really nice house, just pass the cafe thingo, i realised the gate was open and there was a dog there, so I quickly turned tristan away and went the other way [​IMG]

19. Tam

Tam Well-known Member

The idea is to have responsible dog owners that control their dogs at all times in public. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners and we have to remember that dogs aren't born mean. Thats not to say that once a dog has done something like that it shouldn't be put down but prevention is the only cure

20. JessiTrist

yep yep, totally true tam!