Andalusian (Pure and Part) Pictures Here!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Lokenzo, Sep 28, 2009.

1. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Ok, you asked for it....... Here's my Moo.
    She's out of an Andalusian mare by heaven only knows what stallion *#)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. madison

madison Well-known Member

Ahh there's the pretty girl :))

3. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

she's just loovely :)

4. Rem

Rem Well-known Member

Zaza, your girl looks so much like my boy it's not funny! The only real difference is that he has a blaze and white socks.

5. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Rem I'd love see a photo of your boy.
    I know you said you couldn't be bothered with the hassle of posting any but would it help if I begged ? :p

6. crputter

crputter Active Member

This is my boy. He is bred by San Miranda. The very last baby from Banbury Sanchez... after he served the mare once he went to murdoch and never came home again apparently.
    He LOVES jumping and not so keen on flatwork. He's also very hard to keep in a paddock coz he often jumps out if he feels like it (grr) even if the fence is electric! I would have to say he has been a very difficult horse over the years and is very much a one person horse!!!! But i love him to bits and love riding him he just has such smooth gaits.
    This is him age 6
    [​IMG][/IMG]

The other day age 15!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Don't mind the dirt!! he he

7. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

I know how you feel crputter. My girl tends to be a little difficult too.
    She's very sensitive, ridiculously so, and I treat her a very differently to my other horses.
    Thankfully she doesn't jump out of her paddock, although she did flip over one once running from the the big bad horse eating boogie monster *#)
    I make A LOT of allowances for her coz she's prone to over reacting to the silliest things.
    Still, I wouldn't have her any other way. It's what gives her the personality she has and makes her, her :)

8. Janet

Janet Guest

My Girl... Andy x Holstiener by Omaru Gellie out of a BBD Mare by BBD Fortune

[​IMG] Royal 2008

[​IMG]

[​IMG] ANZAC Breed Show 2009

Holly loves jumping and WATER!!! and if she can combine both she would be happy ...LOL

9. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

She is so gorgeous Janet!

I know at the shows a lot of the Andy's are a little um... 'hot' but I have to say I haven't experienced that with my girl at all. She is so sweet and just wants to please.

10. Janet

Janet Guest

Thanks Kimaley :) Your Girl is a stunner...
    Mine can be quiet as a mouse at one show then a real cow at another...LOL
    but i wouldnt change her for the world. We are a work in progress :eek:
    Its all got to click one day..LOL
    I must admit with the jumping you feel like you have a V8 under the hood... such power, cant wipe the grin off my face.

Enjoy your girl :)

11. Double Helix

Double Helix Well-known Member

My boy is 1/4 Andalusian out of a TB mare. He is rising 6yo and 16.1-16.2, grey and quite solid.

He is also a Deep Fields Mocha baby and LOVES to jump, although not so keen on water (we are working on that). We are just starting to do some Elementary dressage.

I have had him since he was a foal and started him myself. He hasn't been an easy horse and is very "full" on but a lovely boy to ride, just needs constant reminder who is boss!

I don't know how to post photos :(

12. Janet

Janet Guest

Hi Double Helix,
    I'm not the best with the old photobucket but if you want me to have a go posting them for you, just email them to me.
    janet.innes@bigpond.com
    Cheers
    Janet

13. Janet

Janet Guest

Posting for Double Helix :) (your horse is lovely)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. banjo

banjo Well-known Member

gee deepfields mocha chucks some nice foals. double helix did you buy yours from the guy who owned the stallion? i did, they are lovely horses mine is very big... he loves water too. rising 5 in oct 25th... nearly his b'day.:)*

15. Double Helix

Hey Banjo, yes I bought him from Neil (the owner of the stallion). I looked at him when he was 1 month old and bought him - it was a long 5 month wait to bring him home :)

He just turned 6 in September and I reckon is easily 16.2. I was surprise how big he got because Mocha is not huge and neither was my boys dam (TB mare by the name of Yilgarn May). He is a character but a lovely horse.

If anyone who owns a Mocha baby is interested they can now be ID registered with the AHAA and can compete in ID classes when available (e.g. at the Nationals) or otherwise are allowed to compete in Partbred classes if there is no ID class. The AHAA didn't used to recognise progeny from partbred stallions (as partbred stallions cannot be registered, they have to be geldings) but I wrote a letter to the national committee and they have changed the rules.

Unfortunately I still don't think the AHAA allowed coloured horses to be registered and I know Mocha throws some coloured foals.

16. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

He's lovely **)

*eoroe waves to Crputter and Za Za*

I have a sensitive one too....sigh*

lol - they try us, but we love em!

17. mav

mav Well-known Member

that is good to know DH. Think I might register him as I went to a local breed show and there were only two other PB andies there!!!

mav is mr sensitive as well, he is also mr stubborn and mr clown!! and i know what you mean about the wait. i got him from the ower of the mare but i till had to wait a few months to get him!!

did you find your guys were late maturers into their bodies? i man mav is 4 in dec but still has a long way to go and has gottenbum high aain in the last couple of weeks!! have been told not to expect him to finish growing till about 6/7 because of the wb in him too... is this right???

18. Double Helix

My boy has just turned 6 and still seems to be growing (wish he would stop now as he is plenty big enough for me)!

He actually seems to be going through another gangly stage at the moment and I was told 7/8 before he stops maturing.

19. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

most are reasonably late maturers - TB's as well if given a chance will mature till they are beyond 8 years.

Mine is 4 in nov - and he's all over place, up, down, out ,in...lol **)

20. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Eoroe your boy is just lovely. What are you plans for him ?

I've seen Janet's gorgeous girl in the flesh and looking at the photos of Eventing Childs boy, the Andy/Holsteiner seems to be a nice cross **)