Andalusian (Pure and Part) Pictures Here!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Lokenzo, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Everyone who has pictures of Andalusians, pure or part please post! Also list who they are by, would especially love to see ones by SP Cholita Rhythm or Formantero III lines.

Also, what have they excelled at or what are your plans for their futures?

2. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Use to own a Forman Baby, one of the nicest boys Ive ever owned, Simanda Park Caltic Warrior, had to sell him when we moved up north, I know that lady that owns him now is a Stockie but not a regular.

Minnie also one of the nicest people you will ever meet and tought me a great deal about handling young stock.

Dont have any photos though.

3. kt

kt Active Member

This is Bonnie - don't know her breeding but she is 3/4 andalusian and was bred at El Cabalo. Shes 23 now and has excelled at being my best mate, making me laugh (and cry) and having heaps of fun...she was a great all round pony club horse and taught me a lot over the years! She is retired now but is still so much fun to have around, she makes me smile everytime I see her. She is very bright and would have been pretty difficult as a baby but she had mellowed enough by the time I got her and I wouldn't have her any other way! No plans for her future, she has bad arthritis and has just foundered, but hopefully she will pull through and be around for a few more years yet.

Anyway here are some pics from a few years ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one from earlier this year with her best mate:
    [​IMG]

4. GiGi

GiGi Guest

That's so cute, poking their tongues out together

5. Rem

Rem Well-known Member

I have a part bred gelding, he's about 1/4 Andalusian the rest is TB. He's destined for dressage but I think he'd actually prefer to jump. *#)

I can't post pics (read, don't want to go to all the hassle) but he's a very dark bay with a blaze and white socks, about 16.1hh and an absolute darling. I luff him!! :D

6. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

Drum - bred at el cabello, unsure of breeding, andy x either tb or anglo apparently :) Best horse in the world, does everything and does awesomely at it, adjusts himself for diff level riders, easy to teach and still going strong at 21 :)
    [​IMG]

Safin, tho his lease mum calls him Cooper*#), andy x tb, by krecente :) Bred by Paraiso on here :) This was taken on his 3rd bday I think...
    [​IMG]

7. Raw Prawn

Raw Prawn Well-known Member

Here is my part andalusian girl by SP Cholita Rhythm and out of a Morningside mare.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is such a pretty girl, and such a character! I had big plans to start eventing with her....but she has decided she really doesnt like jumping!! So we will just be sticking to our show hunter for now :) Se is on spell at the moment, back into work in 6 weeks, then down to Perth for some more professional training in preparation for Newcomers in May :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  8. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

Los Caballos Simberto better known as Cisco/Cissy

Sire: Bianco V
    Dam: Morning Dew Morgatv (B-grade SJ holistner)

Cissy has been the BEST horse to learn on, he has taken me from 60cm to 120cm, eventing successfully at Pre Novice, had a crack at 1*, he is the LEGEND of walking over jumps clearing 120cm from a stand still, Been to school to give all the kiddies pony rides at one of our fundraiser days,
    really there isnt much cissy hasnt done, he is pretty much amazzzzing and will always be with my family

he is now 16/17, retired from eventing and will continue to showjump in 2010

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks everyone!

There is Tia, look how much she has filled out!

Sharaway, I used to have a Forman filly out of an Arab mare. Minnie is absolutely gorgeous.

Ok, here are some of ours -

This was Simanda Park Lady Kia. She is by Formantero III out of an Arab. I sold her on to an absolutely lovely home.
    [​IMG]

And our latest edition, Pippa who is by SP Cholita Rhythm and out of Torridon Blue Skye.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Omg still drooling from Andalusions today at the royal!
    They were stunnninggg.

11. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

Here's my fella - his versatily inspires me to do just about everthing with him....well - everything that I want to anyway - lol
    He hasnt done a great deal yet - but their is no rush. He's 4 in late novemeber :)

He's from a TB mare from Jungle lines - by San Miranda Durrell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. banjo

banjo Well-known Member

my avatar photo is :banjo part andyxpinto tb. his dad is deepfields mocha he is 16.2hh big and solid and turns 5 in oct.

so far is only a pleasure horse as he likes to injure himself ie nicked his front tendon sheath last year. and now is lame with growths on his coffin bone...#( so at the moment just a nice paddock ornament.. lucky i have lots of land...

13. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Eoroe, your right about their versatility. Pippa is going to be like that I think, a bit of everything.

I also can't believe how the buggers can jump!!!

14. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

I know what you mean - definately good jumpers! *#)

the little/big smart ass I have here can jump very succsessfully over lunge arena fences when being stubborn and asked to go forward......AROUND the arena - not forward - in said straight line OVER the wall....:eek:

I just love those impromptue displays of "see mum - I can jump - and Im so casual about it! ".....lol - better than chocolate **)
    :p**):))

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  15. mav

mav Well-known Member

oh yeh eoroe i have one of those too!! he is geting better but he used to jump out of the lunge arena whenever he felt like it!! he also jumped an almost 3ft padoc fene when he was bout 9 months to escape a bigger horse that scared him!!

banjo - my boy is deepfields mocha baby too - he is not quite 16hh yet but is still growing. is 4 in late december and crossed with a 16.2ish wb mare...

he has done a bit of everything so far - small sj, small xc, trail, camp drafting, hacking, breed shows... i really want him to be exposed to everything to get him as relaxed as possible!! i suppose my biggest achievement with him would be that i trained him myself and even though he has his moments (i mean he wont go in water and i have no idea how to fix it) i love him to death and will never part with him :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. madison

madison Well-known Member

ZaZa why haven't you put up any photos:confused:

17. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

Eoroe, your boy is such a studmuffin! If you get sick of him, he can come and live in my apartment! :p

18. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Coz everyone has seen them before :p

19. tammyprez

tammyprez Well-known Member

is that Houdini???

20. Eoroe

Eoroe Gold Member

aaawwwww....buuut ZaZa....we want to see them again **) preety please?