And he's at it again...

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Rayes, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Glad your bliss meter was hitting the red zone!

2. smash

smash Well-known Member

that is FANTASTIC rayes,
    good luck with your lesson tomorrow, i hope everything comes together for you.
    all the best

3. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

EVP, I think you have made many good points in other threads (and often agree - my "if they exist" comment was probably OTT lol), but I fail to see why you are so quick to jump the gun on this one (unless I have missed something from previous threads) and continue to repeat the same thing - when you're not attacking Smash.

I find it so sad that people take on a horse and find that they do not have the skills to cope, only to sell the horse on (or worse when they think they have a dangerous horse on their hands because of lack of their own skills). To read that someone is coping in a difficult situation - and, yes, I think staying on and wanting to work through problems is coping - is great IMO and should be supported and not slammed. If the horse was consistently dangerous, I would be agreeing with you, but that is not what I have read.

Most horses will try it on and have the potential to become dangerous if they are not disciplined. If you have never had to deal with problems, how are those horses going to stay safe?

4. smash

smash Well-known Member

well leave rayes thread alone then and stop all this rubbish

5. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Glad you spelled all that correctly this time Smasho!!!

Quick run the kettles boiling................ahahahahahah

6. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

EVP ... I havent read any other threads only this one, so I do not know of any time, family money restraints etc.

However from what i do know of people, sometimes there are barriers that make things difficult to do and achieve want we want to. Sometimes in frustration we let off a bit of steam, but if it is important enough to us we find away to overcome the barriers.
    Many of the people who have tried to give Rayes support probably would not go down the same pathway that she has chosen ..... but we respect her right to choose what she wants to do and try and offer support where we can.
    If at the end of the day it doesnt work for her and she decides to sell her horse and get a quieter one......she will get understanding from her SY friends.

I do not know her, have only read this thread so do not know all the story but from this thread I can see she is trying and getting help and her horse has been improving.....from what I can gather.

Because she is trying, seeking help, getting instruction and trying to do what she can with what she has, I will offer whatever support I can.

If on the other hand she got on here and had a winge but did not even try I would have a different attitude.

None of us are perfect, we all make mistakes and we all learn in different ways. :)

7. Rayes

Rayes New Member

Despite the risk of getting this thread closed, I have to ask...EVP, what is your issue with me???? I am not hurting you and if I do break my neck it's not going to affect you one iota...so what is your bloody problem???

For someone who once offered to assist me off the forum and in person...I find this all a bit bewildering!

Rayes

8. Cornflower

Cornflower Well-known Member

No, see, i do care. Even though i don't know most people on here, it still saddens me when a horse is sick or has passed away, and i feel happy when someone has succeeded with something. And i would hope that that is what a community is, and that most people on here feel the same way.
    This is exactly why i try to help. Because i do care. My advice might not always be the best, and i certainly have a lot to learn, but i still try. Especially in areas where i have experienced similar or the same things.

And laugh you may, but we have 2 Mulberry bushes/trees where i agist, so if ever you see someone dancing in the early hours of the morning next to some trees, pinching fruit as they go... ;)
    Dare i mention there is also a fig tree :)*

9. smash

smash Well-known Member

"sighs and shakes my head"

get that on video, and i will halves with you funniest home videos LOL LOL

well written posts SMR, KC and CF
    we all learn the same things but in different ways, but respecting other peoples ways is most important, even if we dont agree.
    cheers

10. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Perhaps a few members might start paying attention and realising mods are serious when they land themselves in the sinbin for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.